Those handbags today (thursday)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

uptheferrets

Registered Shopper
I couldn't believe the prices!

I love bags and purses and i have more than i care to admit to, but I couldn't take to the styles and the prices.........yeeeesh! :11:

Same descriptive comments applied to all of them, and got so boring and even AK seemed to be over excited about them, but i kept looking at the price and thinking 'how much???'

No credit crunch here then:32:

Yet again QVC have failed to realise that a lot of people out there who a struggling to pay their mortgage and have no spare cash to treat themselves to a meal out let alone buy a swanky handbag. If their buying power is so great could they not get some of these designers to design a range especially for QVC at more reasonable prices. Just a thought.

its funny about the charlie lapson bags. i like some of them as they look good and are at least leather and usually cost around £150 but i have noticed the prices creeping up to £260 which is really pushing it.

I agree. Some of them were lovely but the price is just way too high. Some of the paitent ones didn't even look like leather to me - I've obviously been watching the KVZ shows too much!!!

I was tempted by a few of his bags.
These bags must sell othwise QVc would not have so many shows of them.

Yet again QVC have failed to realise that a lot of people out there who a struggling to pay their mortgage and have no spare cash to treat themselves to a meal out let alone buy a swanky handbag. If their buying power is so great could they not get some of these designers to design a range especially for QVC at more reasonable prices. Just a thought.

But these are the bargin ranges from these designers.:11:

its funny about the charlie lapson bags. i like some of them as they look good and are at least leather and usually cost around £150 but i have noticed the prices creeping up to £260 which is really pushing it.

I thought that when I was watching last night as I actually like a lot of his bags. Even on EP I couldn't justify that cost. Not when you've got electricity bills to pay etc
I think Pippa loved them too. I wonder if they get freebies? They must do, musn't they?

Thats the one range of bags QVC flog that I dont mind, at least they are leather and not plastic...........................

I agree, there were some that I really liked and they seem better value than Lulu Guinness and less tacky than KVZ.

However I did think they were taking the proverbial when they (Pipa and CL) showed a clutch bag at over £100 and described it as "affordable luxury". I would call that extravagance and whilst I don't object to them selling expensive items I would just like them to acknowledge that times are tough for many people at the moment.

Although the CL range are not really my style I have to say they do look good quality and I was almost tempted by one of the red patent bags. They obviously only have small stock levels as they were going limited with only a small number left. For a special bag I don't think they're extortionate if the leather is as good as they claim. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has one.

I recently bought a B Makowsky bag at £150 and have to say I haven't seen such good quality soft leather in a bag before, it feels almost like suede. It's giving me a lot of pleasure and much better value than the Radley bags I have. I shall certainly watch his shows in the future.

Although the CL range are not really my style I have to say they do look good quality and I was almost tempted by one of the red patent bags. They obviously only have small stock levels as they were going limited with only a small number left. For a special bag I don't think they're extortionate if the leather is as good as they claim. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has one.

I recently bought a B Makowsky bag at £150 and have to say I haven't seen such good quality soft leather in a bag before, it feels almost like suede. It's giving me a lot of pleasure and much better value than the Radley bags I have. I shall certainly watch his shows in the future.

Do you sit and stroke it, BC...:54:

Do you sit and stroke it, BC...:54:

embarrassed.gif

I do have a passion for handbags and purses and I am always drawn to leather for quality.

I did recently purchase a couple of kiplings which fitted a specific purpose and I am pleased with them. But all my other bags are leather

But, though I did like the look of the leather and the colours too, I'm not a big bag or lots of hardware fan.

But my gut reaction was that they were just too expensive for many people.

I loved the bags too but i agree even on easy pay it would be a no i do think they loose the plot sometimes come on QVC get real with the reality of people struggling to afford things were not all on Julia Robberts wages:28:

Latest posts

Back