Thorntons Chocolates on QVC. HOW MUCH!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
Looking at the 24 hour review of the products and looking at the thorntons hour. I was shocked at the prices. I love Thontons chocolates as much as the next person but there is no way I would buy them off qvc.

I agree they are quite pricey as is the P & P. Just been on the Thorntons website, added three expensive things to basket totalling £108 and the P & P was showing as standard P & P of £3.95 for all of them! Note to everyone either go to store or Thorntons website

I worked out that qvc are charging £2.49 each for a bag of the classic chocolates. Sur they are cheaper in store plus I've looked online too and the classic bags are 2 for a fiver.

And nowhere near as good as Hotel Chocolate :tongue:

How boring was that guest presenter? :dull: Why do they chose presenters with monotonous quiet voices? I know I was knocking Abby the other day, but it's like one extreme to the other! A little bit of personality would be good guys, come on :confused:

A Thornton's TSV that may be tempting:mysmilie_14:
Failing that it's cheaper to go into Thorntons as they usually have offers on in their shops.

41CCqsceZxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon have an offer for £30 with free delivery.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001M4LW3C/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Q have totally lost the plot. :mysmilie_854:

Yeah I agree. WTH are they thinking? They dont seem to be competitive on a single thing these days and their postage is now the second most expensive of all the main shopping channels!!!

Rich

And nowhere near as good as Hotel Chocolate :tongue: :confused:

Couldn't agree more! :nod: I was amazed when QVC starting selling Thorntons - they're available on virtually every high street and online for those who can't get to the shops. Most importantly, they are sooooo inferior when compared to Hotel Choc! QVC think of themselves as a retailer of luxury products and having tried Hotel Choc Thorntons can never be seriously considered luxurious again. Perhaps when QVC started considering selling chocolate Hotel Choc weren't a big enough concern to do a deal with (I've been munching their stuff since they were just The Chocolate Tasting Club run out of Thirlwell's back bedroom) but now they have a good online presence and branches across the UK. There are plenty of things I'll give up in a recession but I tell you good chocolate ain't one of 'em :giggle:. Give them a try Forumites, you won't be disappointed (I'm not on commission, just a chocohollic :tongue:)

and yet they must obviously reach their sales target. So who buys them? People not in aposition to check prices on internet? people convinced by QVC's value and convinience?
I just do not get it:taphead:

and yet they must obviously reach their sales target. So who buys them? People not in aposition to check prices on internet? people convinced by QVC's value and convinience?

I think it was rainbowdottie who recently wrote on here that QVC relies for its customer base on people who can't use Google. I think that's the most brilliant synopsis of QVC's business strategy that I could ever hear :rock:

I don't get it either. The only possible answer is that people either don't bother to check prices elsewhere or that hard sell works.

QVC spend on average 5 mins per product, during that time the words quality, luxury and value are mentioned repeatedly.You're told how many thousands of people have bought it before. During that 5 mins the viewer becomes convinced this is a product they must have or else they're somehow missing out on something special.It reminds me a bit of time share sales.

Latest posts

Back