This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SparklyBarbs

Guest Shopper
Regarding the trouble Graham has been having, i've been checking out the QVC Facebook page, and its
not much different than this forum. There's a lot of dissatisfied customers on there and they give off
about prices, post and package, and much the same as we give of about. In fact someone asked about the
Thorntons TSV and the reply was to check it out here. They're actually giving out places where you can
buy items cheaper than the Q, and websites with special offers on. At least when we do it here its moved
to the drop, but its on their facebook page for all to see. Really stupid. So why are they doing this to
Graham and this site. ????

Last edited:
Regarding the trouble Graham has been having, i've been checking out the QVC Facebook page, and its
not much different than this forum. There's a lot of dissatisfied customers on there and they give of
about prices, post and package, and much the same as we give of about. In fact someone asked about the
Thorntons TSV and the reply was to check it out here. They're actually giving out places where you can
buy items cheaper than the Q, and websites with special offers on. So what is the difference. Why are
they penalising poor Graham, when their own Facebook page is full of unhappy customers. ???
They are selling big boxes of Thorntons at Tesco garages for £6 instead of £12 and the price was the same last year too.

QVC need to accept that they can't censor their online presence. If they want the marketing advantages of being online in various places and allowing participation then they aren't going to like everything written. Totally agree it is illogical to target this forum, maybe they are just taking it out where they can since they can't close their facebook. Very unfair and foolish too I think.

I don't 'do' facebook but last week I got my son to log onto his account so I could have a look. I had to laugh because most of what I read was not positive. I thought QVC have the cheek to say shoppingtelly wasn't a site for QVC fans. Didn't look like their facebook page was either.:giggle:

I am glad Graham put the 'cheaper than QVC' on the main forum for everyone to see instead of in the drop.

Last edited:
Yes Sparkly I`ve noticed the negative comments on Q`s facebook too but as soon as someone makes a complaint, an online CS advisor jumps in and tells them to get in touch. It`s a double edged sword really, people might makes complaints but it also gives Q a platform to say yep but look at us we`re on the ball and we tell people we`ll sort it. Then that person often writes oh thank you Q, you`ve sorted out my problem so I think you`re wonderful.
They can`t do anything about people saying stuff is cheaper elsewhere but I suppose that`s a cross Q has to bear.

its easier to pick on shopping telly forum than facebook can you imagine telling facebook not to print unfavourable stuff (lets filter comments) qvc just have to take the rough with the smooth like everyone has to on face book.

Suppose the difference is that they're in control of the FB page, unlike here.

I posted a link to the thread about sending out used goods as new on FB and a couple of people said they liked ST.com but wished people would post complaints on FB because they were more likely to get a response from QVC there.

i think it was mentioned god big brither or what....
My original post was not about removing posts from facebook, it was that there's not much difference in this forum and the facebook page, but yet Graham is being penalised for it. And as i like this forum and respect what Graham has done, i thought maybe a bit of support and more comments might help

My original post was not about removing posts from facebook, it was that there's not much difference in this forum and the facebook page, but yet Graham is being penalised for it. And as i like this forum and respect what Graham has done, i thought maybe a bit of support and more comments might help

my post came out wrong i meant it was a bit big brother of qvc sorry folks

i understand that barbs. i posted that because someone had said they had no control over facebook.

moneysaving expert forum always direct people here as its very informative on qvc matters and products more so than facebook .qvc just have to realise freedom of speech is part of social networking. thats where my comment on big brother comes in!

Latest posts

Back