Things they (the presenters) say

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catherine Huntley saying whatever it is she is trying to flog, has only had 5 star reviews ... often this means it's had 1 review (which was 5 stars) or it's had mixed reviews with a few 5* thrown in. Very irritating.

Jill Franks classic yesterday

The brilliant thing about craaaaftin is that is costs you a fraction of the price of cards on the high street.

Yer right Jill, you obviously don't have a craft stash at home !!!

Glen: great price point to buy into this story for autumn.

So.. you mean it's cheap and there are similar ones up the shops?

Charlie - "feature packed" and "ticks all the boxes"

Jill Franks - yesterday with Dawn, said "for you" 3 times in one sentence

They all use "incredible value" and "phenomenal" far too liberally

"Malleable" is used to imply soft, foldable, when really it means able to be hammered or otherwise shaped by force/pressure

Said to viewers "please call (guest's name) and I", when it should be "...and me"

Dawn pronounces "prussian blue" (as in colour of embossing powder, glitter etc) as "prewsian blue"

Anne -" you know"

ME- I'M ON A ROLL NOW

Beth - silly giggle and fluttering of eyelashes :5:

"buttery" is used to describe: the colour of their gold, the softness of their leather and Lime Tree Pantry's pastry

The woman Jo that did Clientele for a few months last year - "power packed"

Sarah - "I'm loving that it is (so soft, so stylish, so buttery, etc)"

All - "you've got the blue, you've got the green, you've got the brown, you've got the red, you've got the teal, you've got the black"

All to T/callers "what do you think of the quality of QVC's items?" I'm waiting for someone to say "rubbish", to such a leading question

Charlie on the Premier Tanzanite show " the prestigious Birmingham assay office"

Jill to Dennis Basso "I can't live without my wraps"

Basso to Jill " animals can't live without their skins" (sorry, made that one up)

Guests selling bags always have to find room for a bottle of water and their oyster card

I'm going to bed now!

Linda

I am not a 100% but I belive it is some sort of LOndon Travel card.

You are correct it's a card that you can top up and then when you get on the tube or bus you just swipe it and walk straight through/on , its often much cheaper than buying tickets individually, and is really quick and convenient!
Bleedin eck i sound like a sales woman , but it really is great ( i live in gloucestershire but have one for when I visit London)

Oh lord, I love how Anne Dawson raves about a produc then says ‘oh yes, and these results are atypical of this product’..haha! Clearly doesn’t know what atypical means!

Ali Young:

Deteriate instead of deteriorate

Muriad instead of Murad

‘use this shadow on the eye area’ where else would one use it?

‘it’s selling out now for you’ it’s selling out for me? Really??

‘your niece, your sister, your mum, your best friend who’s been poorly….’

Ali Young - "literally" :17:

Glen Campbell - "team this up with a little black top or a little pair of boots." Why is everything little?

Jilly Halliday - "superb"

Jill Franks and Sara G - just talking about themselves endlessly!:15:

And "This would make a great teachers present". The last thing I saw that they used this phrase for, cost £29!!! Unfortunately I've forgotten what it was. Seriously - do people really spend that on a teacher?! Back in my day we never gave the teachers anything.

All - "you've got the blue, you've got the green, you've got the brown, you've got the red, you've got the teal, you've got the black"

If only. More like:

"You've got the midnight, you've got the emerald sage, you've got the chocolate, you've got the scarlet sunset, you've got the ocean spray, and of course the classic black"

"Let's have a *little* look"

"Apply to the wrist, neck, eye, *area*"

"This would look great with a white shirt and a pair of jeans"

"It's so affordable at ten million pounds on 2 easy pays"

And "This would make a great teachers present". The last thing I saw that they used this phrase for, cost £29!!! Unfortunately I've forgotten what it was. Seriously - do people really spend that on a teacher?! Back in my day we never gave the teachers anything.

The only thing we ever gave our teachers were viruses and backchat.

The phrase that has me reaching for the remote (apart from Craig ~ he just doesn't fit!)

It's proving to be very popular ~~~ they all say it about everything

:rolleyes:

Debbie Greenwood on Item 140692 (which has a few rivets as far as I can see)......

"A nod in the direction of biker chic"

I have heard her say this about bags many times and often all they have is a small metal stud or some such thing.

Bet

Latest posts

Back