The Great 'Size Small' Debate....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
Someone said earlier they had been lurking I must confess that I have been too - and your posts are absolutely hilarious. I especially liked the 'Size Small' debate, I had often wondered about that myself over the years!! I also don't really get the er, 'fashion' thing either that's often discussed but I have learnt which shop the scary clothes you see on the street all come from.......

Welcome to the forum Aragorn0130 - qvc and ideal world are the height of fashion - most on trend. You will probably see Posh or Kate Moss in a indigo moon jacket on the front of the papers soon.....:52:

Shame on me.....

You see, I feel ashamed now. I bought a jacket and t-shirt that I thought looked really nice (not a size small I might add) and then had to sell it on Ebay because when I got round to trying it on, it looked a bit like a 'tattie sack' (as we say here in Aberdeen) upon my person.......... Thank you for the welcome - that's very kind.

Warm welcome to the forum, aragorn0130. You'll find it's really addictive...the forum, that is, not the fashion
lgh21.gif

Welcome to the forum Aragorn. I think you'll get on well here as you show such disdain for QVC 'fashion'. We love that!

I still wonder - if all of us dislike the wonderful qvc fashion who the feck is buying all this crap????

Thank you - I've noticed how kind everyone is and it's much appreciated (having never joined a forum in my life!). I wouldn't like to dismiss people's taste in clothing but have often wondered who decides that some of these things are desirable? Kim & Co's flowery concoctions being one (my apologies if you like matching flower outfits - just not for me) and I've always been bemused by Michele Hope? It may well just be me though and each to their own....:52:

The strangest thing is the presenters wearing all this crap and pretending that they like it. Have you ever seen any of them wearing it afterwards????

Most of the items look awful on the stick thin models - what on earth would it look like on us 'normal' people. There was a cardigan on the other day and it made the thin model look so fat as it was really chunky around the middle and tied up like a sack of spuds!

The strangest thing is the presenters wearing all this crap and pretending that they like it. Have you ever seen any of them wearing it afterwards????

Most of the items look awful on the stick thin models - what on earth would it look like on us 'normal' people. There was a cardigan on the other day and it made the thin model look so fat as it was really chunky around the middle and tied up like a sack of spuds!

When you say stick thin, it's the "should be up to my knee but have fallen down boots that get me". My grandmother had an expression "she looked like she had two sticks in plant pots".... My legs are not so thin, I'm afraid but if they were, coupled with a flowery Kim & Co, I'd be all the bash.....

When you say stick thin, it's the "should be up to my knee but have fallen down boots that get me". My grandmother had an expression "she looked like she had two sticks in plant pots".... My legs are not so thin, I'm afraid but if they were, coupled with a flowery Kim & Co, I'd be all the bash.....

Ah yes. I have legs like that. Trying to find knee high boots that fit me was the bain of my life as they always looked like wellies on me! I gave up in the end. I can't be the only woman in the UK that has this problem. Manufacturers should take note!!

Yep, the fashion bites big time! As for Michele Hope: always comes across self-satisfied, which is guaranteed to get my goat and provoke my ire... here we gooooo: she probably flogs the polyester tat to to the plebs, then swans off with her swag bag of cash to Liberties or Whistles or somewhere to buy the real silk stuff for herself! Hah! Now I feel better.

Ah yes. I have legs like that. Trying to find knee high boots that fit me was the bain of my life as they always looked like wellies on me! I gave up in the end. I can't be the only woman in the UK that has this problem. Manufacturers should take note!!

To this day my dad still teases me sating there are 2 threads hanging from my skirt - no his mistake, its my legs!! Or another favourite when wearing black tights is to describe them as liquorice laces!! No wonder i have a bad self image!!

If only......

I have the traditional british tree trunks - and have no chance of getting fashionable boots to go round my legs - some of the nice offerings on qvc they say have elastic in the top and might fit???

For those of you ladies with either thin or large legs then www.duoboots.com might be worth a visit. Their boots aren't cheap, but they have calf sizes from 30cm up to 50cm. I haven't bought from them because I don't have a problem finding boots, but I discovered the site when I was looking around for boots for a friend.

Julie

Latest posts

Back