The Festive Food Hall TSV 12/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think we are allowed...when we were in full lockdown it was a fabulous excuse not to have her over. When you go past her threshold, the smell of smoke literally takes your breath away, when she's over at ours she doesn't smoke, but you can tell she's gagging for a ciggie and often doesn't stay long after she's eaten dinner, which suits me fine, but she still brings the smell in with her. I'm surprised she hasn't got raging sores all over her body etc but I think she's actually preserved in dirt! Wee is one thing she doesn't smell of, though it might just be that everything else drowns it out. I got a distinctive whiff of parmesan cheese one night!

I have just bought a 400g bag of Lebkuchen mix: brown gingerbread glazed
and partial covered in dark chocolate £2.25 from My little Waitrose at the top of my street nearly half a kilo :)

I think this is a strong case for social distancing Merryone, like 100 miles?
That would be nice! Believe it or not, I actually like her as a person and if you manage to get over the stench (increasingly difficult) she's great to have a good natter with. Before covid, we'd take her along to things with us like the open air theatre and pub quizzes, but because her smoker's cough and asthma has got so bad, there's no way she can go to any kind of performance. Just before full lockdown last time she ordered herself a taxi to go shopping, and when the driver turned up at her house and heard her coughing..he literally said "f*ck off - and drove away!"
She refuses to accept any proper help from anyone, refuses to acknowledge that if she wants repairs, cleaning and clearance to her house she will have to pay for it, and I'm sure she's got the money, she had a brilliant job before she took early retirement. She refuses technology...so won't get a mobile phone or laptop...but continues to bemoan her fate. She keeps saying that the fella who owns two floors above her would love to get her out and own the whole property...I suggested that she should bite his ****** hand off, sell it to him for scrap value and get herself a little warden assisted flat. Her place is right near the station, and shopping areas it's large,it's freehold, it has a garden, is close to great schools and in good condition I reckon it would fetch at least £300,00, so if she sold it off for half of that, she'd have enough to buy herself something else. There's a warden assisted block in walking distance from here and there's one going for £120.000, and looking at records, one recently sold for as little as £91,000..they're lovely and modern. Yes, a buyer would have to do an awful lot to hers to get it up to a liveable standard but I reckon someone would snap it up pronto!
There's no helping people who won't be helped...when I suggested to her that she should sell it to the guy...she just said...he can "f'ing do one"!

Some people just cannot be helped they seem to be in victim mode.At the very beginning of lockdown I tried to offer an elderly friend advice on coping with the situation.I was met with a brick wall at every turn and at a time I was in no position to cope with it, I had to retreat.

...and with these new lockdown measures all her current avenues of pleasure will be closed to her once again. No daily trips to the local pub to chat to all the "bar flies", no weekly trip to have favourite cafe for her omelette and chips, no coming over to ours - and not that she has ever been one for going out for walks and sitting in the park but that won't be an option 'cause we're coming into cold and wintery weather. Now, under this new regime people are allowed to visit others to help them. I will still have to work, but I'm only part time...OH will be furloughed once again, so he'll have time on his hands and between us we could make massive inroads into making her house habitable again. It will give her some focus and maybe some hope! I think I will make the suggestion. I pretty much know what the answer's gonna be, but it'll be a last ditch try, and though I know I shouldn't be nasty to someone who's obviously got problems...I'm gonna have to be blunt and say "You obviously don't want to be helped out of this situation, and if you insist on wallowing in filth and misery - so be it! She said a while back that if she was told to shield again, they can "bleep off" cos she's not doing it, but with a full lockdown, even if she does ignore the advice, where can she go...the Co-op that's about it!

...and with these new lockdown measures all her current avenues of pleasure will be closed to her once again. No daily trips to the local pub to chat to all the "bar flies", no weekly trip to have favourite cafe for her omelette and chips, no coming over to ours - and not that she has ever been one for going out for walks and sitting in the park but that won't be an option 'cause we're coming into cold and wintery weather. Now, under this new regime people are allowed to visit others to help them. I will still have to work, but I'm only part time...OH will be furloughed once again, so he'll have time on his hands and between us we could make massive inroads into making her house habitable again. It will give her some focus and maybe some hope! I think I will make the suggestion. I pretty much know what the answer's gonna be, but it'll be a last ditch try, and though I know I shouldn't be nasty to someone who's obviously got problems...I'm gonna have to be blunt and say "You obviously don't want to be helped out of this situation, and if you insist on wallowing in filth and misery - so be it! She said a while back that if she was told to shield again, they can "bleep off" cos she's not doing it, but with a full lockdown, even if she does ignore the advice, where can she go...the Co-op that's about it!
lockdown and mental health is not a good mix imo

I`m surprised Q haven`t stocked any of these so avid Chrimbo Day Q followers won`t miss anything by having to go cook a dinner.
christmas tinner.jpg

Just the main course T and the Christmas dinner in a tin actually exists though God knows why anybody would want to buy it let alone eat it, there`s also a veggie option and a vegan option, all cost around £2 each.
Thank you, I'll pass. How's your son & his family today?

Thank you, I'll pass. How's your son & his family today?
Son rang me this morning and was still coughing badly and said he often felt breathless. His sense of taste and smell hasn`t returned yet. My DIL says she has slept the whole week away and feels wiped out. The kids are both fine, oldest girl only showed minor symptoms for a day or so, younger girl had no symptoms at all. Thanks for asking x

They will all be fine hun my niece had it really bad fully recovered and still annoying lol x

Well, we had the smelly woman over for her pre lockdown meal, and whilst oh had popped out to collect the takeaway, I asked whether she’d had any joy finding a duvet cover for her new bedset.. “neh “ she said, it’s still in the box in the hallway. I suggested that during lockdown me and oh could give her a lot of help as we both have plenty of time on our hands. You’re alright she said, I’ll get through it. I said “I know, but wouldn’t it be lovely to lie on a nice new duvet ?” Not really, she said I like my 6 inches of bed space ( that’s about all she’s got cause of all the rubbish on the bed, and from what I saw she’s sleeping on a sheet less and shabby mattress). I said “you win- I give up”. She smelt worse that usual and I was heaving” used half a can of air freshener after she left. Anyway that’s that...I tried!

Attachments

• Hotel Chocolate TSV 1.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 2.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 3.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 4.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 4.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 5.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 5.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 140
So this is the huge lot of hotel chocolate chocolates that was delivered to their joint dressing room for Dale that Charlie was going on about on Tuesday evening.
So Dale has done well for his family this week chocolates and Elemis beauty products.

perks of the job the items don't cost a lot to produce giving them away is no hardship ...

I still don’t understand why giving the presenters loads of freebies helps us. So what if Craig has used the Le Creuset pans , or Debbie Flint has yet another vacuum cleaner ( no wonder she needs 2 homes no doubt to store it all ). If anything it makes me more resistant to buying anything. I am not going to be persuaded to buy something by someone who has had it gifted to them. Shouldn’t all these freebies be declared to HMRC? Maybe not? I really don’t see how they are essential to the job they do. How can hearing about toiletries, chocolates, household items the presenters have tried be any use to me as the consumer? They would say it’s all great because their money is still in the bank. Also fed up seeing photographs of their houses with Dyson fans etc appearing all over the place. It used to be the Vitamix!

Latest posts

Back