The Down Memory Lane thread...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't think Wimpys have changed that much.
They stillhave one in my favorite holiday town in Dorset- and everything still much the same. Though I am convinced that the "knickerbocker glorys" are half the size they used to be. :grin: And not half as exciting.

What town would that be, madaunty?

Don't think Wimpys have changed that much.
They stillhave one in my favorite holiday town in Dorset- and everything still much the same. Though I am convinced that the "knickerbocker glorys" are half the size they used to be. :grin: And not half as exciting.

they still exist? whouda thunk....

how about wagon wheels? theyre definitely half the size and the choklit's transparent.

i love swanage. don't remember the wimpy. lol

i completely forgot gonks!! we used to make our own from cloth and felt.

Cor yes I thought of bread & dripping for this thread when I was lying unable to sleep last night, and of course had forgotten all about it by this morning!

This thread is such a good read.
I remember when we first got a colour tv in the 70s. My mum invited all the neighbours in to watch princess Anne:s wedding in colour. It was such a treat. I spent the rest of the day with my friends, raiding the dressing up box and re enacting the wedding. I was Anne because it was my house.

...but have you changed your hairstyle since LEL? Princess Anne hasn't!

Jude xx

Anyone remember a fleeting craze for bunchies and pony tails tied with fluorescent coloured really thick wool? Wanted wanted WANTED! Didn't get! circa 1970

Jude xx

Swanage, Disenchanted.
Went for the first time about 8 years ago and at first sight decided that it was a "proper seaside town" and now go down at least twice a year.

Love the Dorset coast too - we often go to Milford on Sea, Highcliffe etc but have never quite made it to Swanage. Will have to have a look next time - Feb, I think/hope.......

I had a Purdy haircut too - had competely forgotten that!!

Last edited:
Love the Dorset coast too - we often go to Milford on Sea, Highcliffe etc but have never quite made it to Swanage. Will have to have a look next time - Feb, I think/hope.......

I had a Purdy haircut too - had competely forgotten that!!

gosh those places are local to me :)

The Ken Paves thread in the forum triggered this - does anyone remember "squirrel tails" must have been around late 60's early 70's?

I loved mine, thought I looked bees knees!! :rock::giggle:

The Ken Paves thread in the forum triggered this - does anyone remember "squirrel tails" must have been around late 60's early 70's?

I loved mine, thought I looked bees knees!! :rock::giggle:

I was just a little girl with bunches in 1970.

Latest posts

Back