Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived in Fair and DD's in Light too. Everything is lovely and just as expected. I can't understand how the models looked so caked because the CC stick thingy goes on really smooth and can give a very sheer cover if buffed to blend, even applying a couple of layers I couldn't get a thick coverage like the models. I already knew the mascara and brush would be good, we're sharing one of the bronzer compacts so I may ebay the spare. The shadow quad is excellent too, even though I have many many taupey colours already. The label says 1.6g x 4 so the info on the Q website was a bit misleading. I thought it might turn out to be an under-filled made-for-qvc palette but it's roughly the size of the various Benefit boxes: Dandelion, Hoola etc.

I might keep an eye on ebay for a spare CC stick in Fair as people start to list them.

Hooray mine is on its way, although it'll be tomorrow by now. Is there a lot of difference between the fair and light? I went for light in the end but was going to go fair until last minute. Sometimes light is too dark for me, other times it's fine. The one and only time I went for porcelain in B&B left me looking like a ghost :( Although, there's so much pink in it I am using it as a blush/highlighter lol so not all is lost.
I've a feeling I probably should have gone for fair this time round......oh well we shall see. Hope they don't lean too much towards pink undertones as I am neutral/yellow. The other foundations they have are yellow toned so suit me well. I'm surprised so many don't like Tarte as I love it?
Oh god, must stop coming on here as it's costing me a fortune. Can't believe I'm already trying to find out what's in the Bareminerals TSV......I need help :mysmilie_13:
Oh also, just wanted to mention that the USA TSV with the new foundation in it looks lovely. Hopefully ours will be very similar.

What shade did you girls go for in the end? I took ages to decide and went for light rather than fair in the end. Hope it won't be too dark.

I went with the 'light' too, as I wear Laura Geller's 'fair' in bnb.

Mine has arrived this afternoon at work. I'm going to do my make up in it tomorrow, but on first inspections the cc primer looks dark for 'light'. As it's only a primer though, it could be fine. I'll report back tomorrow.

Mine arrived today as well. Ordered 2, one for my daughters birthday in a couple of weeks. Haven't tried anything yet. Will have a go tomorrow. Probably won't use the eyeshadows ( not really my colours) or bronzer/blush compact, so will eBay those. Presented nicely in a co-ordinating gift box, which is nice, especially if for a gift.

I bought this kit and the contour pen with brush. I discovered this range a while ago on holiday in America and i love every product i have used in the past. Delighted with the tsv and cannot wait to receive it.

I used this collection this morning, adding eyeliner, finishing powder and a bit of LG bnb to complete my usual look.

I like all the products, apart from the cc primer (didn't really get it) and I was surprised how much I liked the eyeshadows because I really didn't think I would.

I've fallen in love with the lip crayon too. I thought I would like it because I love lipstick (hate liquid lipstick & lip glosses) but I love it. lol!

I must admit though, I think I prefer the finished look I get from Laura Geller to Tarte :(

Hooray mine is on its way, although it'll be tomorrow by now. Is there a lot of difference between the fair and light? I went for light in the end but was going to go fair until last minute. Sometimes light is too dark for me, other times it's fine. The one and only time I went for porcelain in B&B left me looking like a ghost :( Although, there's so much pink in it I am using it as a blush/highlighter lol so not all is lost.
I've a feeling I probably should have gone for fair this time round......oh well we shall see. Hope they don't lean too much towards pink undertones as I am neutral/yellow. The other foundations they have are yellow toned so suit me well. I'm surprised so many don't like Tarte as I love it?
Oh god, must stop coming on here as it's costing me a fortune. Can't believe I'm already trying to find out what's in the Bareminerals TSV......I need help :mysmilie_13:
Oh also, just wanted to mention that the USA TSV with the new foundation in it looks lovely. Hopefully ours will be very similar.

Hi Honey, did your TSV arrive?

Right, more colour confusion... I got Fair and dd got Light, and I tried the Fair yesterday as my fake tan had faded a little and it looked really good; I like the fact that I can still see my few freckles through it, and I can spot cover the odd age spot with concealer (the big Doll10 one in Light or the Judith Williams one). I must have looked ok because DD asked to try the Fair (I can see where this is going!). So last night I put on a layer of face self tan (the Judith Williams one in the square tub) and also used self tan all over after my shower this morning. I fully intended to try the Light but it's in DD's bedroom and searching through her stuff was too off-putting so I tried the Fair again expecting it to look a bit ashen over the imitation vacation...not so! It still looks perfect, probably because it's sheer unless you trowel it on. So there you have it Fair is definitely the colour I'll stick with. I'll still give the Light a whirl, maybe if a add another layer of faux glow on my face this evening.

So what do I deduce from this? That it's very forgiving colourwise, goes on sheer but could be built up to more coverage. The Light seems slightly more yellow based and the Fair more neutral. I don't need to change colour if I get a tan. And there's every chance that both sticks will disappear into the DMZ of my daughter's room, never to be seen again!

I used mine this morning. I went for light. I'm usually between fair & light with most products. I'm quite pleased I went with the light as I don't think its too dark at all & blends really well. I used a little of the Mally foundation from the TSV a few days ago ( which I purchased in the fair) over the top and have to say impressed with the results. Didn't try the bronzer or eyeshadows. Mascara ok but nothing special (Prefer my Eyeko black magic one, as love the shape of the brush). Lip crayon ok, colour not that great on me so put another over the top, but good for lining. Love the brush that comes with the kit. Not sure whether to keep or not. Will probably keep it for the brush & cc primer as I like both of those.

... but on first inspections the cc primer looks dark for 'light'. As it's only a primer though, it could be fine. I'll report back tomorrow.

I'm quite pleased I went with the light as I don't think its too dark at all & blends really well.

Having now applied the cc primer twice (yesterday & today), I agree I don't think 'light' is too dark either. It looks dark in the casing of the product, but when on my skin it's not and I also agree it blends well.

My problem with this product though is, I don't get it or understand it! I don't think it's for me. I definitely won't be buying it again. I do love everything else in this kit though, so won't be returning it.

I think the problem lies in the name "CC Primer" which suggests that it's got more colour corrective properties and the word "Primer" suggests it's always going to be covered by some other type of base of foundation. I really like that it gives very sheer coverage but it does improve the look of my skin and is very natural looking, and I like the fact that it doesn't need any powder on top to set it. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do from the way it looked on the TSV airings. If I want more coverage I'd use a different product.

Still no sign of mine and still showing as 'In Progress' ordered it on Sunday as soon as it went live so was expecting it today at the latest. Hope I have it for the weekend...

Got mine today, had a little play with it. I think it's going back, the CC thing looks a bit weird on my skin (I bought light) and to be honest I can't see the point of it. The lipstick doesn't suit me and the eye shadows are very similar to their eye crayons that I already have. Sorry for such a negative review, I hope everyone who bought it enjoys theirs :)

Mine has just arrived. I have tried the lipstick, blusher and the cc primer. Pleased with the lipstick and blusher but not sure about the primer. I hope the mascara lives up to my expectations when I try it tomorrow. Can't say that the eye shadows are exciting, I would have preferred a couple of eye crayons instead.

Mine has just arrived. I have tried the lipstick, blusher and the cc primer. Pleased with the lipstick and blusher but not sure about the primer. I hope the mascara lives up to my expectations when I try it tomorrow. Can't say that the eye shadows are exciting, I would have preferred a couple of eye crayons instead.

Thanks everyone on this forum for the heads up on this collection! I remember someone mentioning on here months ago that Tarte were having a tsv in June! I kept that in mind and kept checking back on here! :)

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work! Nice surprise after a busy day! I first cleansed my skin and then tried on the new Tarte makeup! I have never purchased any Tarte products before but have wanted to for a long time! Not very economical for me though if not in a set! I got an incling it would be the only tsv from Tarte this year as Leigh said it would be the best value offer from them this year.

I would have preferred a proper foundation and amazonian clay blush in the kit but I am still pleased. I ordered the fair and it is a really good match! I got a bit confused because Leigh was saying it had pink undertones but I don't detect that at all. I have yellow/neutral undertones and it is fine. In comparison I am Fair in Mally liquid foundation, bare minerals golden fair/ fairly light, Bobbi brown warm ivory, doll 10 fair, illamasqua skin base 3 or 135 in the light liquid.

The cc primer is an unusual product. It looks darker swatched on skin than when applied. It is a light coverage, not .something to cover up a lot of redness with but it helps. Not good on dry areas, becomes patchy but may work better if used after moisturising skin well. Ayer application my skin felt silky smooth. I would usually put something over the top but didn't tonight as was just trying it out at home! Would've been nice to have some instructions with the kit on how to use the products.

I love the packaging and certainly stands out! Nice makeup bag. Used the bronzer/blush - how pretty! Would use colours seperately I think as pinky brown is not good look for all over the face! It doesn't take much as I am v pale to give me colour. Pretty blush shade but don't think I like it as much as my bare minerals ready blush in 'the whisper' which is gorgeous for pale skinned gals and lasts all day!

Eye shadows - very shimmery especially the gold shade. Creased a bit on me, not as easy to blend as others I have! Didn't like the ivory shade but others were quite nice. Not my fav bit still nice. First impression only so will b have to try more and see how they wear.

Lip creme - pretty shade, similar to other lip products I have from other brands. Creamy but a bit drying I thought. Prefer doll 10 lipstick which I have been using constantly ever since I got it in the tsv months ago!

Didn't try mascara, as have others open and don't like to open more than 2 at a time! Lovely packaging though, most premium I think I've seen on a mascara! Overall a nice set - will use again tomorrow!

I've been wearing the Tarte TSV for the last three days and although I can't get on with the cc primer (which I used the first two days, but not today) I do this this TSV. Will definitely buy more from the range too. One thing I have noticed too, which I haven't with any other make up range I've tried is the eyeshadows stay on all day, until I remove it at night with cleanser, love that.

I wanted to love this TSV but dislike the CC Primer and also the lipstick colour is just not me. Really like the Bronzer but can't justify keeping the set on that basis so it's going back. If anyone doesn't want the Bronzer could you send me a pm please?

I like the mascara, the CC looks a bit orange
I'm still unable to apply eyeshadow without looking like something Picasso painted
The bronzer is nice but in my opinion should have been classed as a blusher not bronzer
The brush isn't great either despite all of the gushing over it
Hx❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back