target audience ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Despite spending ‘trillions’ over the years with this company, I have finally decided I AM NOT their target audience.

FASHION
I don’t go straight out to dinner from work. I’m retired, and never did that anyway (went home and changed)

I don’t do capsule wardrobe packing. Prefer to neatly pack 2 bulging suitcases

I don’t meet the girls for lunch. My friends either work or look after grandkids

I don’t do the school run. Haven’t got kids.

I DO cruise, but so does Art-escape, Indigo Moon, Michelle Nohope et al. Therefore qvc fashion on holiday is a no no.

THE REST
I don’t buy teacher gifts. No kids.

I don’t go to dinner parties. So don’t buy candles, tv’s or Lola Rose as visiting gifts.

I don’t possess endless worktops to accommodate all the kitchen gadgets

I don’t “escape” to my bedroom. I live alone and just sleep in the bed.

I dont need Pilates exercise machines. I walk my 2 dogs.

Oh I could go on.................... so I do wonder what exactly I have spent my money on during the past 8 years !!!!!!!!!!

(mum writes)

Brilliant thread. I often have similar thoughts myself. I'm sure everything is just geared toward the young things of the world. I'm not that but I like to imagine I still am, just with more taste, as I wouldn't been dead in most of their fashion or jewellery. I used to be an avid watcher but now it just bores me.

I am trying to wean myself off watching QVC, just as I have successfully done with Coronation Street.

I am one of the 1000's of viewers who have stopped watching Corrie after many years because of the newer storylines, lack of humour, old characters gone, and new unattractive ones arriving.

The same is happening on QVC eg hardly anything for men these days, even the DIY show is sacrificed for fashion. The technology stuff is the same old, same old (cameras, clickfrees, TV's, computers).

I used to see loads of innovative stuff on QVC I'd never seen before, which I would buy elsewhere if possible, or else buy from them.

I no longer miss Corrie, I'm not even reading the synopses in the TV listings any more, as many of the names I don't recognise.

However, I still turn to QVC for a quick look if there is nothing better on TV, and I am trying my best to give this up too!

It is obvious that MEN are NOT a target audience.

Last edited:
Despite spending ‘trillions’ over the years with this company, I have finally decided I AM NOT their target audience.

FASHION
I don’t go straight out to dinner from work. I’m retired, and never did that anyway (went home and changed)

I don’t meet the girls for lunch. My friends either work or look after grandkids

I DO cruise, but so does Art-escape, Indigo Moon, Michelle Nohope et al. Therefore qvc fashion on holiday is a no no.

THE REST

I don’t go to dinner parties. So don’t buy candles, tv’s or Lola Rose as visiting gifts.

Oh I could go on.................... so I do wonder what exactly I have spent my money on during the past 8 years !!!!!!!!!!

you probably do not really want to know - :confused::giggle:
as long as you enjoyed some of them:giggle:

FASHION

THE REST

What about their health taboos hours, surely you meet their target audience there?

Good post Brissles. I've often wondered too. There are extremes with qvc which cover £4000 pearls at one end and naff ornaments at the other. As for the rest, I would say beauty is a notch above middle of the road and fashion is generally well below. The target watcher might be housebound and bored who will watch too much and eventually be convinced to try something which might then lead to buying stuff they would never have dreamed of before. They try and make everything seem suitable for everyone - from the poor nurse who can't wear this or that, to the busy mum who can conveniently stock up on shedloads of nonsense, to the successful businesswomen who dash off to meetings and cocktail parties. In the end though, how many rings or blouses or blushers does anyone need? I'm sure they conduct exhaustive studies on their customers' buying trends and I wouldn't mind peeking at the results.

Good post Brissles. I've often wondered too. There are extremes with qvc which cover £4000 pearls at one end and naff ornaments at the other. As for the rest, I would say beauty is a notch above middle of the road and fashion is generally well below. The target watcher might be housebound and bored who will watch too much and eventually be convinced to try something which might then lead to buying stuff they would never have dreamed of before. They try and make everything seem suitable for everyone - from the poor nurse who can't wear this or that, to the busy mum who can conveniently stock up on shedloads of nonsense, to the successful businesswomen who dash off to meetings and cocktail parties. In the end though, how many rings or blouses or blushers does anyone need? I'm sure they conduct exhaustive studies on their customers' buying trends and I wouldn't mind peeking at the results.

Well they haven't got me right either. My purchases are drastically reduced, including my viewing time. I don't consider my choices to have changed over the years and now find their offerings/hours extremely boring. I also think I have become immune to their sales tactics, in part thanks to this forum, and would much rather mooch around the shops fending off High Street sales assistants.

Nor me, Loveinamist.I very rarely buy anything these days. I usually only watch when there is nothing decent on the main TV channels and then it's only for the comedy value QVC provides.

Brilliant thread Brissles! I think though, by rattling off all these "busy mum/woman about town" scenarios, even if it doesn't apply,they hope we'll aspire so much, that we'll be banging on the neighbour's door asking to borrow their kids, so you can run 'em to school (in full Indigo Moon), and be the talk of the playground.Not only for that, but for the lavish end of term gifts you bestow on the teacher....Whilst you can also be making a stash of electrical items/crockery/lawnmowers ready for when they "Go off to university!"

Meet the girls for lunch? Don't know any girls? That's no excuse Brissles...Put on your best Michele Hope ensemble and hot foot it down to the nearest "little coffee shop"..plonk yerself down...someone'll talk to you. (You'll be talked about, that's for sure!)

Latest posts

Back