Taking card payments late!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

piper4

Feline & Veiltail Techie!
Two Elms left & One Oak north of Pixie Wood on the
Hi everyone

If this is been mentioned before Oops.

I have noticed over the last few items I have bought from Qvc I have received the item and the payment has gone through 3 or 4 days after that.
That latest one was my Charlie bear it showed on my bank account that it had gone through, I looked two days later the payment had vanished and the amount was back in my account then two days later it was there again and this time it went through, gosh I hope I'm making sense.
When I spoke to my bank they said it was a "ghost payment" it was in the system that it had gone but was still pending at Qvc's end, they said this sometimes happens when the receiver has a problem at their end taking the money.

Fortunately I keep track of what I'm doing with Qvc and my bank is really helpful.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best wishes

piper

Yes Piper, it's happened to me a few times. Now I just assume the money has gone from my account whever I order and try to remember there is less in the bank than my balance would have me believe- does that make sense? :)

I know that with easy pay the second and further payments does seem to go out days after the day it should. Example you buy something and the first payment comes out on the 25th but it could be the 31st for the next payment to come oout.

I know things are taking ages to actually despatch these days. It can be up to 3 days for things to leave the warehouse even though the payment came out on the day you ordered. They always say we don't take payment until despatch.

Since this is about payments etc thought I would let you know the banks are going to do away with cheques!!!! I read it in a newpaper finance pages, the banks say there are no needs for cheques in the modern day. No set date but next year seems to be the time frame. So anyone who pays QVC by cheque or puts things on cheque will be in for a shock.

Latest posts

Back