T callers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madamgeorge

Registered Shopper
I've wanted to ask this for ages.........Why are they called T callers? What does it stand for?

(It can't be T for telephone, surely?) Well, if it is, please excuse me for being dopey.

As I said, this has been sitting at the end of my "must find out about" list for a few years. At last I've been spurred to action by the recent post about the "500 items of Kim & Co lady".

Anytime I've ordered by phone I've been asked would I like to be put through to the studio. I've always declined.

Sorry but these T callers seriously disturb me. Obsessive collectors, lonely old ladies or saddo's after freebies or even autographs... :eek: I think they bring nothing to the shows and just serve to irritate me. I don't want to hear about other people's problems when I've tuned in to see a handbag or piece of bling. If I hear one more person complaining about their verruca's or saying how product x,y or z has saved their lives then I swear I shall start watching Ideal World... ;)

Sorry but these T callers seriously disturb me. Obsessive collectors, lonely old ladies or saddo's after freebies or even autographs... :eek: I think they bring nothing to the shows and just serve to irritate me. I don't want to hear about other people's problems when I've tuned in to see a handbag or piece of bling. If I hear one more person complaining about their verruca's or saying how product x,y or z has saved their lives then I swear I shall start watching Ideal World... ;)

oh you should deffo do that anyway cos they have fab imaginary callers on there :rolleyes: that the presenters have to improvise from blank pieces of paper passed to them by 'magic hands'

You're so right. There's nothing worse than some old dear telling you all about her operations when all you wan't to do is buy a face cream. And the feigning interest and sympathy from the presenters is quite nauseating.

You should go through to the studio and then you can tell the 'live, to the world..well Uk what you really think of the saddo's that call the show

I switch off immediately. Always hated the calls for the reasons others have already stated but I had the misfortune to hear the infamous spanx knickers T caller years ago and since then if they say there's a caller I'm gone. Great way of keeping your sales and viewing figures up QVC :D

Ooooh I forgot, I did watch the laugh until your sides ache video where the T caller harangued Julia Roberts about Julia's new (and all in the caller's imagination) new baby. Watched it twice tbh.

Last edited:
I think it's testimonial....or possibly tipsy????? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6_bzcAr-Y

ROFL ..PPC that is so funny!!! aww wotta shame they cut him off!! :mysmilie_1451:

Vampyre.. where can I find/view the 'laugh until or sides vid'?? :mysmilie_17:

btw.. I actually (having lost my Mum a few weeks ago) find it quite comforting to hear the sad old ladies and people with aliments talk on the phone, it makes me think how good QVC are to listen to them, and the courage the people must have to speak live on air, then they must have a happy tingly feeling afterwards to know a problem shared is a problem halved..

and yes. it used to annoy me too and Mum, but I understand now how important it is.. it's awful to be lonely :(

i remember a rather wonderful one when a woman phoned in and told AY that she was loud and bossy, It was great! I can't recall the response but I know that up until then I thought the TC were fake. I just hate it when they say things like "oh i could chat all day" when they are thinking "get lost, I've got selling to do"

The Creeping Dead I call them.

I love you(fill in name of presenter). You remember me I have written and phoned three years ago. Presenter nods and smiles with glazed look in eyes. Of course I do,(presenter's nose grows longer).

Oh I have 600 pieces of Kim & Co. Kim looks dazed, thinks 'what the feck I only every have one design but make it in a hundred different colour ways that hurt the eyes! How the hell did my mother get this number, she is suppose to be sudated night and day.'

Wasn't there the famous one where the lady said she was so excited about the TSV, a beauty brand. She tripped over her oxygen tank getting to the phone.:mysmilie_81:

There was a lady who rang in to speak to Tova the other day, who - when was asked how she was by the presenter said 'Very well, thank you...' and then when Tova asked she said 'Well, I'm not very well, I'm dying from an incurable and very rare lung disease..'. Tova then proceeded to ask her to leave her details sho she could get in touch after the show. The lady said that Tova's perfumes where what kept her going!

Although, obviously it's terrible that someone is so very poorly and obviously struggling - there was this bit of me desperate to shout out 'Sitting in a Tova Guff Cloud is NOT helping you, love...'.

There was a lady who rang in to speak to Tova the other day, who - when was asked how she was by the presenter said 'Very well, thank you...' and then when Tova asked she said 'Well, I'm not very well, I'm dying from an incurable and very rare lung disease..'. Tova then proceeded to ask her to leave her details sho she could get in touch after the show. The lady said that Tova's perfumes where what kept her going!

Although, obviously it's terrible that someone is so very poorly and obviously struggling - there was this bit of me desperate to shout out 'Sitting in a Tova Guff Cloud is NOT helping you, love...'.

Ooh you do make me laff Cavegirl! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_61::mysmilie_124::mysmilie_1207:

Ummm off topic but ahs anybody else noticed that one or two of the new smileys are a bit dodgy. One revoltingly so. Ewww!

Last edited:
The Creeping Dead I call them.

I love you(fill in name of presenter). You remember me I have written and phoned three years ago. Presenter nods and smiles with glazed look in eyes. Of course I do,(presenter's nose grows longer).

Oh I have 600 pieces of Kim & Co. Kim looks dazed, thinks 'what the feck I only every have one design but make it in a hundred different colour ways that hurt the eyes! How the hell did my mother get this number, she is suppose to be sudated night and day.'

Wasn't there the famous one where the lady said she was so excited about the TSV, a beauty brand. She tripped over her oxygen tank getting to the phone.:mysmilie_81:

:mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61:

Jillzzz I'm very sorry that this year will be a sad time for you, but it seems you and your Mum got on really well which was a great blessing.
I can't even remember what product it was but a lady (elderly it seemed) was congratulating Julia on her new baby, Julia said politely "I haven't got a new baby" which got a loud very stern response of "I think you do". Julia was very professional but this totally unreasonable illogical woman just made me laugh.

Latest posts

Back