Swapping introductory price for sale price!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To be honest I don't think " fair" comes into it. If they can sell stuff at that price then they will. I'm useless at remembering previous prices and so I buy if I'm happy with the price and value for money.

The only thing is whether they are contravening trading standards - I've no idea how they work but you sometimes see signs near sales goods in stores about sale prices.

I thought exactly the same yesterday when fashion was on. The reductions are negligible and as Clairella says, probably around the same as the introductory price. When it's a sale it should be 50% off as in most of the 'dreaded high street stores'. They keep going on about things not having been tried on and the fact you can still send sale items back but isn't all that covered in the over-the-top P&P charges?

There's a whole library of names for the same price - Sale Price, Anniversary Price, Gold/Gem/Beauty Day Price, Special Price. They just tack them onto an item to disguise the fact that the price hasn't changed at all. And that OTO promise - 'you'll never see it a lower price, ever' - is b*ll*cks. I've watched 'QVC price' change dramatically on some items, occasionally to less than the OTO price.

Latest posts

Back