Surely not another....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Northern shites TSV. Couldn't be bothered to find my original knock knock thread!! There is one on 23 December and one 3 weeks later on 13 January. Yet again we ask the question how much bedding and snoozie adams can we take. What with this and Yankee candles and the same week in January also has cashmasoft yukwear.
So the New Year kicks off with the same old same old, watching QVC is like groundhog day although not as bad as IW, halogen ovens/steam cleaners/pressure washers/moira c and La Dea shapewear ad infinitum

Whatever the NN TSVs are I bet Craig has both of them!

Seriously though how much bedding do we need?

I suppose they must sell loads and/or make good margins on them with NN being their own brand so that's why they come up so often.

I feel exactly the same way you do about beauty products and Alison Young, guess what I do to cope...I don't watch. It's not compulsory you know, fredab.

I don't actually watch QVC much anymore - just look at the TV listings, which is why I don't watch a lot of it!

I feel exactly the same way you do about beauty products and Alison Young, guess what I do to cope...I don't watch. It's not compulsory you know, fredab.

She never said it was, did she? I believe she was merely commenting on the repetitive nature of their scheduling.

What's wrong with having a moan about endlessly repetitive Northern Nights TSV's? I agree with the OP. How much bedding do they think we need?

It always happens when someone has a good old moan..someone else will pop up to say why watch it then? As if the op had never thought of that bright idea. Never fails.:yawn:

Makes you wonder what people think a shopping telly forum should be for: just to kowtow to the various channels and blindly agree to everything they do and say?

IW has always been rather repetitive IMO, but QVC never used to be THIS bad. Nothing wrong with pointing that out: maybe the QVC people who read this forum will take the hint and do something about it?

As a male viewer I'm intrigued by the multitude of beauty ranges that QVC stock; just what is the difference between them? They're all "luxurious and prestigious", but just what does each range do? If it's simply a case of buy which products you like (which is basically what AY seems to actually and literally say half the time), then why bother shelling out for an expensive product that might make your skin clean but have no more benefits than a bottle of cleanser bought from the dreaded high street (or even, *sharp intake of breath*, the supermarket)?

i read on craig's FB that his (poor tatty quilt owner of a ) sister is getting married and pray he buys them both for her pressie *rollypollyeyes*

I know we can choose to not watch, but I want to watch.....something different, innovative, interesting, something I don't have or even thought I needed. I'm ready, willing and able to spend some money if I ever again find anything on QVC that I want to try.

I know so much about NN that I could present it, and I know I don't need any more linen (of that sort anyway) - airing cupboard is full.

i read on craig's FB that his (poor tatty quilt owner of a ) sister is getting married and pray he buys them both for her pressie *rollypollyeyes*

And just what's wrong with that Mrs J ? I am going out right now to hunt down a potential husband so I too can snare him, get him down the aisle and hopefully receive a 300TC quilt set in a pale vomit colour.

If they want us to watch northern nights, perhaps they could invest in a new film about how they 'hyperclean' the non-allergic feathers. In the one they have on ALL the time, the women are dressed as if they are in the 1940s. Probably are.

If they want us to watch northern nights, perhaps they could invest in a new film about how they 'hyperclean' the non-allergic feathers. In the one they have on ALL the time, the women are dressed as if they are in the 1940s. Probably are.

That's because the process NN use to hyperclean the feathers is a by-product of the fabled 1940s Manhattan Project to split the atom: thanks to nuclear warheads we are all now literally able to sleep more comfortably in our beds!

Though this may be a complete and utter fib... :smirk:

And just what's wrong with that Mrs J ? I am going out right now to hunt down a potential husband so I too can snare him, get him down the aisle and hopefully receive a 300TC quilt set in a pale vomit colour.

Only 300TC ? Selling yourself short love. Is that a lighter shade of taupe ? Make sure your bottom sheet has a deep gusset. :cool:

Thank the Lord for NN bedding: it's what all the BEST mental institutions are using these days.

:headbang:

You can get through beauty products fairly quickly though, e.g. a cleanser might last a couple of months so people probably buy quite often but the sheets I'm using are over ten years old and still going strong. Do people just bin perfectly good bedding to make room for more or are there QVC viewers with the european NN mountain in their airing cupboards?

I actually really like NN bedding - but do think the amount they have/show is beyond ridiculous - there is only so much bedlinen a person can have.

All I can think,is that hope to catch some "new" viewers,who haven't watched before.

(Just like the Markon lady which they wouldn't mention as the Markon lady - and just hope exsisting viewers won't notice)

I do think QVC is just on one repeative loop lately.I haven't much "new" for christmas - just a shed load of exsisting stock on easy pay.

Ideal World is more repetitive because they dont have as many products at QVC. Whatever products they show alot you will upset someone as we dont all like everything. I like the kitchen products so wish there were more of them (one on at the moment) but cant bear Alison Young and the beauty hours, not because I dont need make up and skin products but because she is such a patronising mare to all her guests.

Right rant over, back to my kitchenaid

As a male viewer I'm intrigued by the multitude of beauty ranges that QVC stock; just what is the difference between them? They're all "luxurious and prestigious", but just what does each range do?

Hi,
the only product that has ever been PROVED independently as making a difference to anti-ageing (that I've heard of) is a Boots serum.

Other than that its what you believe and what feels nicest/gives "best results" on your own skin.

I like Elemis PCMC becuase it makes my skin very soft and smooth, but a fair number of ppl seem to be allergic to some of the ingredients.

Cheers,
Karen

Latest posts

Back