Sudden Change in Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

candycane

Registered Shopper
Has this happened to anyone else? I put a ring in my basket which was £21 plus P&P then my phone went and it was a few minutes before I went back to the basket to buy the ring. In that time the price had changed from £21 to £30 plus P&P. I've had this happen to me on Amazon where the price goes up if I don't buy right away but never before on QVC. Needless to say I didn't buy!

CC

Has this happened to anyone else? I put a ring in my basket which was £21 plus P&P then my phone went and it was a few minutes before I went back to the basket to buy the ring. In that time the price had changed from £21 to £30 plus P&P. I've had this happen to me on Amazon where the price goes up if I don't buy right away but never before on QVC. Needless to say I didn't buy!

CC
Yes, it's happened to me. Several times. I keep my eyes open as sometimes the price will come down again but if it doesn't I won't buy.

With Amazon, stuff almost always comes back down, sometimes lower. I don't buy from Amazon unless I've checked Camel first and will always wait for the price to reduce again.

CC
That's disgraceful. Shame on QVC.

There is a well known perfume site which has been doing this for years. Nono something. You look at something, the prices seem good you decide to think about it go back less than 5 minutes and the price will have jumped sometimes by quite a bit. So I haven't bought from them for a few years because of this.

On-demand pricing, just like Oasis and airline tickets etc.

As I said recently on another thread, I watched an 8 minute presentation about some lights, they kept saying they were £18 for 2, but when I tried to buy them, they were £25 :(

I think the thread I started was called "Big Deal - NOT".

ALWAYS record when you're thinking of buying.

They've done this a few times with things I've considered buying.

I also keep recordings of items I've bought. A few have come in handy when items have arrived and been completely different to the presenter's description. They tried palming off a Kipling bag that wasn't as described not long back (I ordered Indigo, they sent Bleu). I'd taken a screen-shot of the order and had the recording. I went through two CS reps before one asked to send the screen shot before they'd send a label out.

I wonder how many people just accept this?

I always record the product I’m ordering just to check the product is exactly what the presenters described it as. Also useful if you’ve bought something on auto delivery and you can’t remember what will be in the next orders as in the case of nail polish, Easiyo etc. once everything received and checked recordings are deleted. I also keep a screenshot of my order. This was after I thought I’d ordered the wrong Shay & Blue perfume. It turned out I had ordered the correct one but they’d all been packed wrongly in the warehouse. Got discount if I kept wrong one which I did.

So not just me thinking I was seeing things then. I must remember to double check next time I buy something.

CC
I've never heard of this or noticed it. I'm going to be really careful in future.

On a different note, I was booking hotel rooms at work the other day (we have an approved list and have a limit we can spend). I found something suitable but had to go to a meeting. Went back to book it an hour later and it was about £60 a night dearer😳. Needless to say had to start searching again...

So not just me thinking I was seeing things then. I must remember to double check next time I buy something.

CC
Years ago, when I used to buy from Gemporia and occasionally Q, I used to always take screen shots, and include the item number in the screen shot. I wanted it to be clear it was the specific item number I'd ordered, as I didn't want to be palmed off with anyone saying what I'd received was actually what I'd ordered from on-screen under a different item number.

Good idea to make sure you've got some proof - and although I don't now buy from Gemporia, I think we've all learnt that you need to cover your back as much as poss. when buying.

I've never heard of this or noticed it. I'm going to be really careful in future.

On a different note, I was booking hotel rooms at work the other day (we have an approved list and have a limit we can spend). I found something suitable but had to go to a meeting. Went back to book it an hour later and it was about £60 a night dearer😳. Needless to say had to start searching again...
I got an insurance quote on-line yesterday. Re-visited the site today to check a few details - I changed nothing - and the price had gone up by over £40. So they can stuff that where the sun don't shine.

I got an insurance quote on-line yesterday. Re-visited the site today to check a few details - I changed nothing - and the price had gone up by over £40. So they can stuff that where the sun don't shine.
I always haggle my insurance quotes. I tell them I am leaving for a better quote. They either match it, go lower or offer something in kind, like free key protection. I think the quote is a starting point for a negotiation. They give in because the know I can go elsewhere, same with gas and electric and broadband.

Latest posts

Back