Such a load of rubbish!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought Del Boy but she hasn't been back that long unless she has erased the break from Q

QVC are great at smoke and mirrors - the presenters CV's expand in a very short space of time - Mical(SP!!) went from a chocolatier to QVC presenter and then a stylist within a very short space of time and of course they have all the authors(i use the description loosely!!) - Julia and Debbie( bless!) and Jackie K but i i think i'm right in saying she has an actual publishing deal? It does make me smile though.

I would have thought Debbie, but hesitated over the start date. Debbie rejoined around 2008 after being away for a few years. I dare say a trawl through her blog/website/social media would give the precise dates of the gap in her time with QVC, but I can't be bothered.

That CV doesn't chime consistently with the sweetness and light on screen.

I think the creative thing is all the presenters jockeying for position to get their "own" shows. Debbie nabbed a pre-Christmas gifts under £X which ran for a few weeks. Julia has had her fashion on Friday for ever. Ali Young has had In the Salon with Alison and various different re-boots. Kathy has her "Style" show. At one point Catherine had her "Tech" show.

The one that is worth seeing is the rarely-seen Dale and Charlie jeweller double-handers. They are very entertaining together... but I wonder how much selling actually takes place.

Anyone presenting a CV is going to make sure it reflects them in the most positive light, even if the truth gets a little stretched or strained in the process. Many jobs are very competitive indeed... and as long as there are no flat-out fabrications, and you can demonstrate what you put in your CV, you would be OK. For presenters, they will also undoubtedly have showreels to send out to any prospective employer.

I think that most, if not all, QVC presenters (like the guests and models) have other strings to their bows and don't solely rely on QVC as their source of income.

I'm sure all the presenters get involved in the HR side of things - how else do they screen-test prospective presenters and guests if they don't draft in the current presenters? Catherine is just making the most of something which must actually be a commonplace necessity in her line of work with QVC, and fair play to her.

Another load of rubbish is of course Jill Franks, she's just been slagging off the shops for having Easter Eggs in the shops now, oh no how she's horrified, this from a woman who works for a company that celebrates Christmas in July! :mysmilie_15: also she's mentioned, for the first time that I know of (can't stomach her for longer than seconds) her friend in Colorado, of course her Winter is unbearably cold! Well of course it would be the perfect time to mention her, whilst selling over priced fleece throws, the woman's insufferable that's why after thirty seconds, over the channel goes.

Latest posts

Back