Stuff and nonsense

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Anyone else listen to the nonsense that these skincare people spout and think "what a load of...."?!!

I find it amazing that the people behind the brands truly do believe the speil. They're either brainwashed or incredibly stupid. The presenters are worse!

Apologies for such a negative post but have just turned on Gati-no and all I can hear is "woo woo" from Mr Camp and JF - enough to turn anyone sour :confused:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Ageing means loss of collagen, elasticity, wrinkles, lines :sad: ..... and other signs of aging skin.

But WAIT!
I have the answer. It's all in the structure around the ears & I have developed a precious oil which when used on the ears regularly, will hoik it all up!
Called "Look Ear!" the oil is ready, I'm just adding a few bits & bobs - as you do - to make it smell nice & I'm working on the very expensive packaging.
Can't fail. No one has thought of treating the ears before. Mark my words, it will be big.

Its psychology look professional, use scientific terms and they will buy.

Its all about selling the dream, the hope. Ageing is a dirty evil condition according to the media, magazines etc. Women are not allow to do it, or some paper with have photos of the gods forbid a well-know celeb going out for a pint of milk with no make-up and looking her age.

I agree with all that's been said about the rubbish they spout about beauty products. Anti ageing is is a load of bunkum, but my GP surprised me recently when she said well done for moisturising your skin as it really helps the healing process when you have injuries etc.

Don't drink, smoke, have greasy fry-ups or processed foods. Do not allow yourself to get under weight. Moisturise, yes, but to condition the skin. I have never understood the "science" of putting chemicals on your skin to prevent wrinkles. Collagen loss is collagen loss. The obsession with chemical peels to reveal more beautiful skin terrifies me for the future of devotees, they will be so intolerant of normal sun exposure. Revealing skin not ready to be revealed will do untold damage in the long term, and will most probably age quicker too. My lay opinion only, but our skin acceleration rate is being messed with with todays style of skin maintenance. Chemical peels have to damage the normal oiling process of the skin.

Did anyone see the pictures of Nadia Comaneci carrying the Olympic torch? I wonder what she uses as she looked fab!

Last edited:
moisturiser can cost as little as 99p and does the job. dermatologists if you have a burn or skin condition will give you a peroleum based product that costs pennies to produce they will not give you a scented cream with lots of additives and essevtial oils...

Just started using a RoseFaceCream and I can read and understand! the ingredient listing (English not the Latin!). Oils, organic-rosehip, jojoba, raspberry seed, pomegranate, rose otto, ylang ylang and lavender. Best before date of Dec13. So, that would solve the hoarding and stockpiling instinct! At £15 for 50 ml, I hope I am on to a winner and not tempted by Qs potions with unpronounceable names, chemicals and nasties. x Snarly

Yes i rarely tune into a "beauty" show (unless make up's involved :happy: )

I wear suncream every day without fail on my face due to roscea.My hospital dermatologist says its the best thing you can do for your skin plus drinking water.

Alison agrees when its an ultrasun hour "all you need.End Of.You don't need expensive moisturisers" she said once.I lost all respect for her in that instant moment.

I appreciate shes a "sales assistant" showing us around her "department store" but she really does come out with a load of old twoddle in the beauty hours I have sat through.

I also appreciate that if its all for you,it works and you can afford,go for it...everyone has a shopping weakness....all these pots of creams and lotions and potions are just not mine.

Some of these ingredients are very toxic & that's man-made and organic products.
Some perfumes - synthetic & organic - are irritants.

I've read that there has been a rise in sensitivity reported by women who have been using anti-ageing creams so it is good practice to check out ingredients when possible and read product reviews.

Have you noticed how careful they've become over words used for Revitalash products? It's all "the look of longer fuller lashes" and "help to give the appearance of thicker fuller brows"...... All of this is wrapped up with a lot of twaddle about who is using it, how they use it, when, what their lashes look like and other cobblers which takes up the majority of the time spent in presentations.

At no point do they actually say "this products makes your lashes grow". I wonder why. The really clever part is saying that it can take two months before you see the full effect, thereby reducing those pesky MBG returns.

I know some people have had results with these products but I wonder what would happen in controlled experient where lashes were "conditioned" with some other substance not costing £50 for a few mis. Let's face it, how often has anyone put anything on their lashes except stuff that will potentially damage them, like waterproof mascara ? It's not hard to believe that if you actively start to look after something it will flourish.

I wish I could come up with an idea like Revitalash.

I know some people have had results with these products but I wonder what would happen in controlled experient where lashes were "conditioned" with some other substance not costing £50 for a few mis. Let's face it, how often has anyone put anything on their lashes except stuff that will potentially damage them, like waterproof mascara ? It's not hard to believe that if you actively start to look after something it will flourish.

I give you... Revitatodge. Actively look after your precious member with an haute couture skincare mix of chipfat and WD40. Allow it to breathe, a la Commando Charlie, and it will soon be knocking your glasses off.

I can't comment on RevitaLash, but RevitaBrow does work.

I would be too afraid to use RevitaLash because of an eye sensitivity issue I have, but I have noted that Alison, who uses the conditioner & boasts about the length of her lashes, is also growing some mighty fine eye bags.
Just wondering.

Have you noticed how careful they've become over words used for Revitalash products? It's all "the look of longer fuller lashes" and "help to give the appearance of thicker fuller brows"...... All of this is wrapped up with a lot of twaddle about who is using it, how they use it, when, what their lashes look like and other cobblers which takes up the majority of the time spent in presentations.

At no point do they actually say "this products makes your lashes grow". I wonder why. The really clever part is saying that it can take two months before you see the full effect, thereby reducing those pesky MBG returns.

I don't know if youre really that interested Burlz but Revitalash have stopped saying that the product "grows" the lashes because it's not FDA approved and anything that claims to affect you in someway ie: growing - has to be FDA approved before they can make the claim.
I still hear naughty Natalia slipping it in every so often tho... but they have definately changed the emphasis. (Another Ultrasun scenario sounds like!)

Also Revitalash used to use an ingredient that was used for people with eye disease and the side effect was lash growth but it also caused iris discolouration etc. Revitalash used to have that ingredient but they got taken to caught over it because it was already in another eyelash growth treatment so hence it had to be taken out and reformulated and TADA!! - Revitalash Advanced. So many people have complained that it doesn't work the way it used to and the reason is, because the main ingredient that worked has been taken out! lol. :doh:

Ive tried the advanced as I had a few gaps from rubbing my eyes too hard and pulling my lashes out -and it did make a difference albiet VERY slow.. and other people would only see the dfference when I wear mascara, but it did work even without it being the original formula..?!

And as for the comment on the conditioning of lashes to make them grow.. i've just been doing some research on castor oil rubbed in lashes brows and scalp to make hair grow. Apparently has great results! So... £70 for 3.5ml Revitalash, or £7 for 100ml Castor Oil. Which one would you go for!? Just wish I had known sooner.. :rolleyes:

Ageing means loss of collagen, elasticity, wrinkles, lines :sad: ..... and other signs of aging skin.

But WAIT!
I have the answer. It's all in the structure around the ears & I have developed a precious oil which when used on the ears regularly, will hoik it all up!
Called "Look Ear!" the oil is ready, I'm just adding a few bits & bobs - as you do - to make it smell nice & I'm working on the very expensive packaging.
Can't fail. No one has thought of treating the ears before. Mark my words, it will be big.

Oh dear. I must be weird as I've been extending my moisturiser to my ears and neck since I started using Pond's and Nivea at 13. I was always horrified by an aunt's long, stretched-out lobes and probably used to rub more on my lobes than my face and neck.

I don't know if youre really that interested Burlz but Revitalash have stopped saying that the product "grows" the lashes because it's not FDA approved and anything that claims to affect you in someway ie: growing - has to be FDA approved before they can make the claim.
I still hear naughty Natalia slipping it in every so often tho... but they have definately changed the emphasis. (Another Ultrasun scenario sounds like!)

Also Revitalash used to use an ingredient that was used for people with eye disease and the side effect was lash growth but it also caused iris discolouration etc. Revitalash used to have that ingredient but they got taken to caught over it because it was already in another eyelash growth treatment so hence it had to be taken out and reformulated and TADA!! - Revitalash Advanced. So many people have complained that it doesn't work the way it used to and the reason is, because the main ingredient that worked has been taken out! lol. :doh:

Ive tried the advanced as I had a few gaps from rubbing my eyes too hard and pulling my lashes out -and it did make a difference albiet VERY slow.. and other people would only see the dfference when I wear mascara, but it did work even without it being the original formula..?!

And as for the comment on the conditioning of lashes to make them grow.. i've just been doing some research on castor oil rubbed in lashes brows and scalp to make hair grow. Apparently has great results! So... £70 for 3.5ml Revitalash, or £7 for 100ml Castor Oil. Which one would you go for!? Just wish I had known sooner.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Crystalcakes, I've just looked into the benefits of castor oil and brow growth too! I like what I read. I think I will invest in a bottle tomorrow and give it a go! Not that I want Dennis Healy brows of course, just the gaps to be filled out would be nice :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I always laugh at how they say a product will "work on" those fine lines, or "target" those wrinkles! I mean, what does that actually MEAN? NOTHING! They never say "this product will completely get rid of fine lines," or "this product reverses the sagging effect!" I also wonder how putting a load of gloopy cream under the eyes can reduce puffiness?! My grandmother used to get some arnica tincture, soak some cotton discs cut in half in the tincture, then freeze them. Each morning she would put a semicircular frozen (but slightly thawed) cotton disc half under her eye. Now THAT really did work! I really dislike Lulu and her stupid Time Bomb. The old cow is so botoxed and carved up it's a wonder she can open her mouth!

(mum writes)

AY has always claimed to use Revitalash but recently went into a panic because she couldn't get hold of the Ojon mascara and conditioner. It turns out she has been using that since it was launched, used both for a while but hasn't used Revitalash for some time now. Confused? Yes! Which product has actually worked for her then?

I don't know but I always used to pop a little dab of vaseline on my eyelashes each night. I'm now 69 and still have lovely, long lashes. It's not hereditary either as both of my sisters have stumps! I wear waterproof mascara too, with a layer of ordinary stuff underneath.

It's all a load of bunkum anyway. Such as claims for not having mineral oil in products but GH Lip Lift has it listed as the fist ingredient. I only found out by accident when I bought one on ebay, that came in a box QVC don't supply and that had the full ingredients on it.

Just as a footnote, has anyone noticed that most of the cosmetic products QVC are selling feel and seem to be watered down or somehow diluted? Nothing seems to work the way it used to., even though the prices are creeping higher and higher. I've noticed this especially with Decleor.

I always laugh at how they say a product will "work on" those fine lines, or "target" those wrinkles! I mean, what does that actually MEAN? NOTHING! They never say "this product will completely get rid of fine lines," or "this product reverses the sagging effect!" I also wonder how putting a load of gloopy cream under the eyes can reduce puffiness?! My grandmother used to get some arnica tincture, soak some cotton discs cut in half in the tincture, then freeze them. Each morning she would put a semicircular frozen (but slightly thawed) cotton disc half under her eye. Now THAT really did work! I really dislike Lulu and her stupid Time Bomb. The old cow is so botoxed and carved up it's a wonder she can open her mouth!

And all her songs were shi$e

Shout my ar$e

Latest posts

Back