Strictly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When my local Debenhams was still open, we had a MAC counter. I like their lipsticks, they never go off, I saw a number of trans buying their makeup and for some strange reason they all reminded me of Ann Widdecombe. Dressed very frumpy, like 70+ women with no sense of style. Part of me was always tempted to just tell them, stop dressing like your granny, in fact she will have better fashion style. They were around late 40s, early 50s interest in fashion makeup but dressed ancient.

The last 2 comments about either dressing like a pantomime dame or an old fashioned granny, really proves the point that despite blokes wanting to trans or be a cross dresser, they STILL have a male psyche not a female brain ! so they get the form of dress totally wrong !

I love gay men, BUT some do over exaggerate (what they think) are feminine movements. I have yet to meet another woman who waves a limp wrist, or stands with a bent arm on the top of their bum at the back. It doesn't happen, so why do they think it does ???

The last 2 comments about either dressing like a pantomime dame or an old fashioned granny, really proves the point that despite blokes wanting to trans or be a cross dresser, they STILL have a male psyche not a female brain ! so they get the form of dress totally wrong !

I love gay men, BUT some do over exaggerate (what they think) are feminine movements. I have yet to meet another woman who waves a limp wrist, or stands with a bent arm on the top of their bum at the back. It doesn't happen, so why do they think it does ???

I always chuckle to myself that cross-dressers are always called 'Tiffany' or 'Brandi' ... not many 'Karen's' or 'Sandra's'. :p

Scotland is losing the plot. The head of the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre is a man. Who wears a dress. Who would not have a clue how a rape victim feels.

Period dignity my arse! As a young teen, I would have been horribly embarrassed to be in the same room as a bloke talking about periods. WTF are they thinking?!
I've read that some schools are changing their toilets to gender neutral. Can you imagine being in a cubicle and a boy in the next cubicle climbing up to see a girl having a wee, and of course filming it on their phone. I'm convinced my mum would have kept me off school permanently if they had done that in the 70s/80s when I was at school.

The world is going to hell in a handcart - courtesy of minority groups. I'd be interested to know exactly how many trans kids there are in schools throughout the whole of the UK, and yet schools are expected to pander to maybe a few hundred (if that) compared to the hundreds of thousands of other kids. Its actually ****** scandalous.

The world is going to hell in a handcart - courtesy of minority groups. I'd be interested to know exactly how many trans kids there are in schools throughout the whole of the UK, and yet schools are expected to pander to maybe a few hundred (if that) compared to the hundreds of thousands of other kids. Its actually ****** scandalous.

My dear old Mum works as a librarian and has to deal with (I won't say his/her name), a drag artist who does 'storytime' with the under 12s. It's to promote 'inclusivity' I think ... she says half the kids are freaked-out. :rolleyes:

Jack, one of these 'artists' was being interviewed on the box, and this business of reading stories to kids seems to have manifested from the States. I blame entirely those who do the actual booking of these people, and ask them, why ??? In defence this 'artist' said would there be as much controversy if it was a Clown doing the reading, well I would say yes, because to some kiddies Clowns are equally freakish. Watching a grown man with a frock and make up more suitable for adult humour is insane.

I don't know where society has gone wrong. Children are to be protected, so what next ? will they all be sat in the Hall watching performances of a stripper doing pole dancing ? because its only a small step away from Drag Queens.

Don't these men who identify as women look at women and realise women don't dress like pantomime dames in real life??
What I find objectionable is transgender men wanting to use women's toilets and showers. Sorry but any pervert can don a dress and wig to gain access.
Transgender men are legally women. They have had the op on their genitals. Men who have not had the op and who wear women's clothes are 'cross dressers.' There is an important difference here.

Stratto. This is what the famous pink beret wearing Eddie Izzard said " being a transvestite simply meant being transgender without physically transitioning."

So there you have it ! :unsure:
Do you remember when Eddie Izzard ran all those marathons a few years ago? My colleague's child saw him on TV and said "daddy, why is that man wearing a dress?" and the answer he gave was "he's just run 8 marathons, he can dress how he wants"🤣

Transgender men are legally women. They have had the op on their genitals. Men who have not had the op and who wear women's clothes are 'cross dressers.' There is an important difference here.
My point was that anyone can say they are Transgender wether they really are or just perverts.
There are some truly horrid people out there.

What concerns me about mixed gender toilets in schools is the subject of periods. Most girls at that age are worried that people will ‘know’. The rustle of opening a pack of tampons, STs in a stall, the disposing of them and heaven-forbid any leaks, are not the sort of thing they are comfortable about in the presence of boys. How could they chat to their friends about them in the privacy of the girls loos when they don’t exist ?

I've read that some schools are changing their toilets to gender neutral. Can you imagine being in a cubicle and a boy in the next cubicle climbing up to see a girl having a wee, and of course filming it on their phone. I'm convinced my mum would have kept me off school permanently if they had done that in the 70s/80s when I was at school.

It's already happened. It's also happened in public toilets and swimming pool changing rooms. My mum would have had to have home-schooled me because I would have refused to go. I was embarrassed enough to be the only girl in the school with body hair breasts and periods.
My point was that anyone can say they are Transgender wether they really are or just perverts.
There are some truly horrid people out there.

That's the problem. I've no doubt that some (very few) men are genuine and will pay themselves (and not kick up an almighty fuss on Twitter because they can't get immediate access to NHS funding for what is a non-essential service) to 'transform' into a woman (impossible however they feel).

Unfortunately, allowing any bloke to use women's facilities just because he 'identifies' as a woman (today! But is a man any other time!), is bringing out the perves in a big way. I read a website called trans crime UK (not giving the address but if you search without a gap between the words you'll find it) and it is truly horrifying how many men are being taken to court and/or convicted (and then insisting they're women so crime figures are skewed).

I'm unwilling to post a link to the above website as the Twitter mob trawls websites looking for mention so they can threaten anyone who speaks out against the cause.

I've said on here before that men who identify as a woman only think they know what it is like to be a woman.

Most women are ruled by their hormones from pre-puberty to post menopause and as men, no matter how feminine, will never have to deal with the monthly hormone cycle they really haven't a clue what it is like to be female, the same as I will never be able to understand what it's like to deal with testosterone as a man.

Apparently though the latest fad is to identify as an animal, I think those that do call themselves 'furries' (sp) and adopt the 'fursona' of the animal they choose to identify with, including yelling at people who accidentally step on their invisible tail.

There are times I'm glad I am nearer the coffin than the cradle, I'm tiring of this crazy, woke, mixed up world!

I've said on here before that men who identify as a woman only think they know what it is like to be a woman.

Most women are ruled by their hormones from pre-puberty to post menopause and as men, no matter how feminine, will never have to deal with the monthly hormone cycle they really haven't a clue what it is like to be female, the same as I will never be able to understand what it's like to deal with testosterone as a man.

Apparently though the latest fad is to identify as an animal, I think those that do call themselves 'furries' (sp) and adopt the 'fursona' of the animal they choose to identify with, including yelling at people who accidentally step on their invisible tail.

There are times I'm glad I am nearer the coffin than the cradle, I'm tiring of this crazy, woke, mixed up world!
Does this mean councils will have to provide litter trays and newspaper in the public loos ?😳

Years ago I worked with someone who was convinced her husband was having an affair because he`d regularly be away overnight or at weekends on "business". We were quite envious of her because her husband was always taking her shopping and took a real interest in her clothes and jewellery. She was always spouting "oh B has bought me this or B has bought me that"
Anyway after another so called business trip meant he`d be missing again, she decided to follow him. It seems he drove to a place called Aylesbury, parked outside a house and disappeared inside. She waited a while and had worked herself into a right state thinking he was tucked away in a secret love nest. Eventually she calmed down and went to knock on the door. Suffice to say she didn`t find him with his lover but with several other men all dressed as women him included.
The shock affected her so much she jumped back into her car, drove home in a fury and trawled the house for evidence. She went through his wardrobe, drawers, the garage, the shed and found nothing but she`d never climbed into the loft, he`d always told her it was too dangerous but that particular day she climbed up there and found suitcases filled with womens clothes, shoes, wigs, makeup etc. He`d obviously been cross dressing for years and that was why he`d always shown such interest in her clothes etc
She threw the whole lot out of the upstairs windows and when he arrived home she refused to let him in, had locked all the doors and told him she never wanted to see him again. He was her second husband and thankfully her kids from her first marriage which actually did end because he`d had affairs, were grown up and lived away.
She came back to work after taking some sick leave and the poor woman was a shadow of her former self and we didn`t know what to say to her.
I forgot to add this was back in the 1980`s when people weren`t as accepting as they are now.

Last edited:
Have times really changed now though ? I think anyone today would still be equally as shocked as your friend if they found their other half in a house full of cross dressers ! I don't think many wives would be 'accepting' and say "oh goodness, come home dear we'll talk about it", more likely to say "wtf are you playing at ? "

Social mores have been imposed upon us, but human reaction will barely change in a given situation.

Have times really changed now though ? I think anyone today would still be equally as shocked as your friend if they found their other half in a house full of cross dressers ! I don't think many wives would be 'accepting' and say "oh goodness, come home dear we'll talk about it", more likely to say "wtf are you playing at ? "

Social mores have been imposed upon us, but human reaction will barely change in a given situation.
Yeh B I agree that partners or wives would be equally as shocked today but I was meaning Society is often more accepting nowadays as my online facebook clothing brand group proves. The 3 cross dressers/transgenders on there feel quite at home. Men nowadays live as women 24/7 and go out in public wearing womens clothes, back in the 80`s I can`t ever recall seeing that. I think it was all happening behind closed doors.

Latest posts

Back