Storage Solutions TSV 13/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This looks like the old design of Grip To Me hangers that they had before they put the little hooks onto the hangers themselves.

makes me wonder how many hangers do QVC think we need? The slimline hangers are great and really make a difference but I still have a box of them in the loft room...I think I overdid the ordering on one occasion, either from QVC or IW :thinking: ..... Given a box to my DD and DS already. They are good, though.

I agree Tiddly but they seem to come with some separate hooks maybe to compensate?

I agree Tiddly but they seem to come with some separate hooks maybe to compensate?

Grip To Me hangers used to come with those add-on hooks before they change the design to include the nipple type hook on each hanger... they just seem like an old design re-hashed.

I am a Grip to Me addict - awash with purple ones - and these new ones do look very familiar.

Grip To Me hangers used to come with those add-on hooks before they change the design to include the nipple type hook on each hanger... they just seem like an old design re-hashed.

I am a Grip to Me addict - awash with purple ones - and these new ones do look very familiar.
Thanks Tiddly mine must be even older then as I didn't get any hooks with mine. :mysmilie_506:

Thanks Tiddly mine must be even older then as I didn't get any hooks with mine. :mysmilie_506:

I'm going to sound really sad now but here goes... when Grip To Me first came to QVC they only offered a dark grey colour and they were just hangers on their own. A while later they introduced the over the hanger cascading hooks. About a year later they added the hook to the actual hanger and introduced lots more colours.

That said, for this new item, the hooks look like the old design but the hangers are slighly more sloping in their shape.

I sound like a real 'spotter' don't I :cheeky:?

yep, I have some of the black, grey and purple hangers. One set had skirt clips that attached to the lower bar of the hanger - waste of time - they either broke or fell off. I threw the last of the clips away recently but the hangers are ok.

i bought loads of these from primark 12 for £4 and they do make a difference spacewise

i bought loads of these from primark 12 for £4 and they do make a difference spacewise

Got mine from there too so please dont waste ur money on this TSV many highstreet stores sell these now at a fraction of the price

I don't get the point of these slim hangers at all.

However thin the hangers are, it's the CLOTHES that take up the wardrobe space, not the hangers, especially with men's jackets and suits etc.

However thin the hangers are, it's the CLOTHES that take up the wardrobe space, not the hangers, especially with men's jackets and suits etc.

I've always said this. Adrienne seems to shove them all as close as poss so she can cram more in. I like a space between my blouses in the wardrobe to let air circulate, make it easy to take one out and so they don't crease.

I like pretty padded hangers and I'm embarrasssed to confess that I have colour-coordinated my clothes with their hangers ! My wardrobe looks a picture.

Linda xx :blush:

I've always said this. Adrienne seems to shove them all as close as poss so she can cram more in. I like a space between my blouses in the wardrobe to let air circulate, make it easy to take one out and so they don't crease.

I like pretty padded hangers and I'm embarrasssed to confess that I have colour-coordinated my clothes with their hangers ! My wardrobe looks a picture.

Linda xx :blush:
Pictures ...... please :cheeky:

I think they are great... if you have all of your hangers in the same design then they all sit at the same angle and so fit together better.

I use them for all of my stuff from summer to heavy winter items and coats. When I changed over, it did create a lot more room.

However, my other half is a tall and large (ex rugby player) size and he only uses the hangers for his shirts - they aren't wide anough for his jackets so he uses the big suit hangers for those.

As to the ones you can get in Asda and TK Maxx... I haven't tried them because the one's from Q worked out as a good deal when I bought them on a multibuy... also, the Q ones are colour fast which is essential when using them to hang wet clothes... not sure I'd want to risk some of the bargain ones.

Good point about colourfastness Tiddly...I bought some cheapies from Morrison and although they look similar (just different colour really) they snapped at the neck - not saying all cheapies will be the same but I've not had the same problem with the Q ones.

i have the primark ones for 7 months now and all are still fine. i dont hang wet clothes on hangers so these are fine for me. very space saving and clothes dont slip.

I still have my huggable hangers when Joy Mangano did them at QVC many moons ago and I've only ever had a couple of them break on me. They definitely do create space in the wardrobe too !

Certainly won't be my next purchase! Joy Mangano is on an infomercial channel with these hangers; I could never understand why she left the Q, as her products did seem to be big sellers. Wonder if she owns the patent for them?

Think she does but maybe it has expired now, hence all the copy cat ones around. I got a job lot from IW once they did not advertise them as huggable hangers but they had the HH label in the box. I remember all her other things too, rolykits, jewellery boxes - I've got those too, the jewellery boxes were great for storage.

Latest posts

Back