Stop it Jill, you sound so stupid.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's fine to write a blog that says how happily married you are. I don't recall Jill ever going that far on air.

Her presenting style is as it is. I find Jill, Julia, Catherine, Carmel and Pipa much more entertaining than Debbie Greenwood.

I personally am bored with a whole hour of talk about inanimate objects. Imagine "look at this eyeshadow. It is applied like this, isn't the colour nice. It will last all day, and won't come off til you take it off."

Instead , how about a smiley presenter going something like " now THIS eyeshadow is amazing. Remember when I started here every bit of eyemakeup I ever wore was brown! I'm so glad you talked me into electric blue. Whenever I wear it people go WOW look at her eyes! It has become my signature look."

Much less boring, IMO .

Jill must have a few suitcases full of make up in her house. I would like to see an HONEST show with presenters bringing in their own qvc products that they use at home. The real ones not brand new ones from the warehouse.

Last edited:
I think it's fine to write a blog that says how happily married you are. I don't recall Jill ever going that far on air.

Her presenting style is as it is. I find Jill, Julia, Catherine, Carmel and Pipa much more entertaining than Debbie Greenwood.

I personally bored with a whole hour of talk about inanimate objects. Imagine "look at this eyeshadow. It is applied like this, isn't the colour nice. It will last all day, and won't come off til you take it off."

Instead , how about a smiley presenter going something like " now THIS eyeshadow is amazong. Remember when I started here every bit of eyemakeup I ever wore was brown! I'm so glad you talked me into electric blue. Whenever I wear it people go WWO look at her eyes. It has become my signature look."
Much less boring, IMO .

Jill must have a few suitcases full of make up in her house. I would like to see an HONEST show with presenters bringing in their own qvc products that they use at home. The real ones not brand new ones from the warehouse.

They do that all the time and thats when they lose credebility imo, they say it to often about most products. eg. I had the misfortune of catching Chuntley the other day doing the Mally show. I stuck with it because i wanted to see the TSV. Catherine's words were "This is my mascara of choice, I wear it all the time" Now if i remember she has always said CID mascara is the only one she wears regularly. She is certainly not the only one but it was the most recent one i heard
Thats why i wish they'd say less as it just becomes less believable with every porkie they tell.

Fair enough LEL. I guess I was just giving an example, but of course I would want them to be saying the truth. If they don't use a product then think of something else to say.

However in Catherine's defence Mally mascara only became my mascara of choice about 9 months ago. Before that I would have said I used Bobbi Brown snd Laura Geller because I had them both on the go at the same time.

Fair enough LEL. I guess I was just giving an example, but of course I would want them to be saying the truth. If they don't use a product then think of something else to say.

However in Catherine's defence Mally mascara only became my mascara of choice about 9 months ago. Before that I would have said I used Bobbi Brown snd Laura Geller because I had them both on the go at the same time.

The proof of the pudding will be on the next CID show.

In general they get freebies, get a discount and are sales assistants so they will wax lyrical. What p*****s me off is that they think we dont realise it.
One thing i will say about JR is that if she hasnt tried a product she will say so.

From reading this thread its quite obvious that we want more product info and less chat and waffle. Problem here is that the product reps are not often employed by the company but are instead models/presenters who simply dont know and certainly in some instances seem to know less than even the presenters!! There is still air time to be filed so instead we get rubbish about their lives and constant reminders how to order.

Latest posts

Back