Stop It Debbie!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Debbie has said about ten times so far that today's TSV is exclusive to QVC - it bl**dy isn't!!!! you can buy all three of them at YankeeScents4U and she should not be allowed to say such untruths, grrrrr!

I have just phoned CS and asked them to tell her to stop saying it as it is unfair on the lady at YankeeScents and it is also misleading to the QVC viewers, they have said they'll tell her but we'll see, I bet they will still be saying this at 8pm tonight.

Price is obv different but QVC do not hold the exclusivity.

Chuntley is getting on my t**s now , talking about the 'Dancing Flames' Tart Warmers she said all the reviews are 4 & 5* , well I've just found 3 3* reviews... Think she needs to take a trip to specsavers:nod: .

They are also available from a place call Village Gifts so certainly not exclusive to QVC.

I heard one of the Yankee guests saying that the Beach Scape set was exclusive to QVC as well, i popped into town this afternoon and what did I see? The 3 Beach Scape candles. I had a smell of them and they were lovely, especially the sun one. I came home and ordered them! :happy:

I think the exclusivity was probably promised to QVC by the supplier. It is not really down to the presenters to check on the information they are given. Is it?

I think the exclusivity was probably promised to QVC by the supplier. It is not really down to the presenters to check on the information they are given. Is it?

I think the Trading Standards Agency would disagree with you: QVC are not allowed to make claims about their products (be it price, specification, performance or even exclusivity) that are not true.

So yes, I WOULD expect QVC to check on the information they get from suppliers, and I would expect the presenters to prepare for their shows in order to provide us viewers with sufficient TRUE information so we can make an informed decision to buy or not.

Yes I agree QVC should do their homework and prep the presenters correctly. The presenters can possibly demo many products in one day they can't really be expected to research every product.

Yes I agree QVC should do their homework and prep the presenters correctly. The presenters can possibly demo many products in one day they can't really be expected to research every product.

Not if you listen to what they actually say. How many times do you hear a presenter say:

"I've tried/used this and it's AMMMMMMMAAAAAYYYYYZIIINGGGGG": often said by presenters about a skincare range AFTER they've declared their love for a competing range;

"I've worn this and gotten SO many compliments";

"I love this so much I have one in every colour";

"I have bought this for myself, my mum, my kids' pilates teacher, and next door's cat".

There are presenters who, if they are not lying, claim to have used every product in a show. *AHEM* Craig Rowe *AHEM*

I do hope you're not suggesting he's saying porkies?

But presenters don't have to have used every product they sell (unless you think Mr Mogadon Brook had more fun with the pelvic floor exerciser than he's been letting on?).

All they have to do is not make extravagant claims about what they're flogging in order to get people to buy: is THAT too much to ask?

IMO JF dropped a clanger in her YC show when the aromatherapy sampler set was on , She was rambling on about how she was burning one of the Tangerine & Vanilla (True Bliss) votive's at home and then pointed to the same fragranced votive and asked Cassie "What fragrance is this one?" :doh::headbang::mysmilie_847: . Do your prep presenters please and STOP lying!!!

Cassie said something along along the lines of her bessie trying a candle the other day for the first time and loving it! how on earth can u be bessies with someone who works for YC and never have tried them before??? stoopid lies :dull:

I caught five mins of a show yesterday evening and heard the guest (Cassie?) recalling a ‘conversation’ she’d had with her partner when he came home to find her burning a new candle. I quote:

“He came in and he was like “what’s that smell?” And I’m like: “It’s the new candle.” And he’s like: “oh my god, that’s so lovely”. And I’m like: “I know, isn't it?" And he's like "yeah, it is." And I'm like: "It’s new”. And he’s like: It’s really nice”. And I’m like: “I know”.”

Personally I’m all for the quiet life on the domestic front, so this kind of emotionally tumultuous and linguistically stimulating relationship would be just too exhausting for me. Rock n roll :rock:

Latest posts

Back