Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She was a lovely dog SB. Gentle natured , obedient, loved water, mud, sniffing out pheasants and other wildlife and so well behaved. Even as a puppy she learned so quickly and she was a star. Today our vet sent us a sympathy card with her paw print inked inside it and a small phial of her fur.
View attachment 20766
I just popped in to see if there were any jokes posted (thanks, Strato!) and saw your post. Just wanted to say, what a fabulous vet. The story made me cry but in a warm and fuzzy way.

RIP your beautiful doggy and all the beloved pets of other forum members.

She was a lovely dog SB. Gentle natured , obedient, loved water, mud, sniffing out pheasants and other wildlife and so well behaved. Even as a puppy she learned so quickly and she was a star. Today our vet sent us a sympathy card with her paw print inked inside it and a small phial of her fur.
View attachment 20766
Our vet sent a card with the Rainbow Bridge poem but I can't bring myself to read it. It is filled away with all of Charlies other papers.

My sister didn't open any of the cards or letters she received when my brother in law died, she put them in a basket in the spare room & I suspect they went on a bonfire, she said that she didn't need to be reminded of what she'd lost. She's had a bad week after watching Finding Derek, I can't tell her what to do but I really wish she hadn't done that.

I was in M&S this morning, going to food hall. They had a stand with some new own brand bath and shower gels. The fragrances and the design are dead ringers for Molton Brown.

I bought a merino wool jumper as 20% with Sparks, so I thought oh lovely pale soft lemon. Get it home and the label says pale cream, still looks like soft pale lemon to me.

When I got Zanzi and Delilah's ashes back there were the cards in them. I started to read one and never again I was a sobbing mess.
Yes I made the mistake of reading the Rainbow Bridge card that the vet sent when Millie went. Oh how I wish I hadn't! I had heard of the Rainbow Bridge but didn't know that there was a poem. When we knew that Charlie wouldn't be coming home from his last trip I was adamant that I would ask them not to send it for Charlie but I am afraid that I was too much of a sobbing mess to form any coherent words 😔

There is a beautiful poem called 'If it should be' about the dogs point of view of going to the vet's that last time, I haven't put it here because it is very moving and I don't want to upset anyone but here's a link...

My sister didn't open any of the cards or letters she received when my brother in law died, she put them in a basket in the spare room & I suspect they went on a bonfire, she said that she didn't need to be reminded of what she'd lost. She's had a bad week after watching Finding Derek, I can't tell her what to do but I really wish she hadn't done that.
When my BiL passed his wife gave out postcards printed “I remember ......... and asked each person to write a memory, normal , definitely not funereal as he was a real happy joker. Many nights when she couldn’t sleep she picked a few cards out of a box and read them.

There is a beautiful poem called 'If it should be' about the dogs point of view of going to the vet's that last time, I haven't put it here because it is very moving and I don't want to upset anyone but here's a link...

Lovely poem and not unlike a poem I wrote when Copper died. I often read it when I think I've seen him. Dumb I know!

CC

When my BiL passed his wife gave out postcards printed “I remember ......... and asked each person to write a memory, normal , definitely not funereal as he was a real happy joker. Many nights when she couldn’t sleep she picked a few cards out of a box and read them.
That is such a lovely idea.

CC

Lovely poem and not unlike a poem I wrote when Copper died. I often read it when I think I've seen him. Dumb I know!

CC
It's absolutely not dumb, it was a lovely thing to do

I just remembered when I had my last dog called Patch so it would be about 15 years ago, the bloke I was seeing actually told me that I had to choose between him and 'the dog'

I didn't give it a seconds thought, I told him to shut the door behind him on the way out and let me know where to send his stuff.

The look of shock on his face was priceless :LOL:

It's absolutely not dumb, it was a lovely thing to do

I just remembered when I had my last dog called Patch so it would be about 15 years ago, the bloke I was seeing actually told me that I had to choose between him and 'the dog'

I didn't give it a seconds thought, I told him to shut the door behind him on the way out and let me know where to send his stuff.

The look of shock on his face was priceless :LOL:
Mr CC has been here since I first adopted Copper, we went to get him together. There's no contest though, the dogs have always come first for me. They just don't have the capacity to be mean the way that humans do.

People do think you're stupid though when you say you can see/feel dead dogs around you.

CC

Mr CC has been here since I first adopted Copper, we went to get him together. There's no contest though, the dogs have always come first for me. They just don't have the capacity to be mean the way that humans do.

People do think you're stupid though when you say you can see/feel dead dogs around you.

CC
My Patch had very distinctive hair completely different to the dog I have now, and occasionally I will find one on my laptop lid, and it's not because I need to buy today's Dyson TSV I'm convinced she's letting me know she's still around.

Latest posts

Back