Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So sorry to hear about your cat Vienna.

The one positive I can find, is that as this was a sudden illness, there was no period of suffering/loss of dignity & you made that so for your cat. That is a real blessing. Hard to see that, I know. Lots of love.

So sorry to hear about your cat Vienna.

The one positive I can find, is that as this was a sudden illness, there was no period of suffering/loss of dignity & you made that so for your cat. That is a real blessing. Hard to see that, I know. Lots of love.
Thanks SB but it was our dog, our black lab which died. We do have a cat as well though. She`s always been tiny, was obviously the runt and her and her siblings were found dumped as tiny kittens. She may be small in stature but she`s huge in attitude and is now a grumpy old gal of 14. She`s never been what you`d call a cuddle cat and has always been quite aloof, she`ll sit on you and let you stroke her but only whilst it suits her and then she`s off, loves the outdoors and is a born hunter killer. As the vet once put it "she may be small but oh my goodness she`s fast !" as he tried to catch her for her jab after sinking her teeth into him.

Vienna, I’m so sorry, what a terrible shock for you. I have an idea of how you probably feel now and sadly for quite a while yet.😢

I lost my old moggie Eric in 2019 and he has left such a large hole in my heart and in my life. Never more so than during these lockdowns. it’s amazing how pets endear themselves to their humans, such a close but inexplicable bond.

Only now nearly 2 years later have I started to think about adopting another cat but it’s very difficult with Cats Protection and other rescue places working under such tight restrictions. I expect that once we are “back to normal”, people who bought cats and dogs during the first lockdown will find them an unwanted responsibility and give them up to rescue centres. 😢

Vienna, I’m so sorry, what a terrible shock for you. I have an idea of how you probably feel now and sadly for quite a while yet.😢

I lost my old moggie Eric in 2019 and he has left such a large hole in my heart and in my life. Never more so than during these lockdowns. it’s amazing how pets endear themselves to their humans, such a close but inexplicable bond.

Only now nearly 2 years later have I started to think about adopting another cat but it’s very difficult with Cats Protection and other rescue places working under such tight restrictions. I expect that once we are “back to normal”, people who bought cats and dogs during the first lockdown will find them an unwanted responsibility and give them up to rescue centres. 😢
Our Cats Protection never seem to have any cats that can be rehomed with a dog so I Googled cat rescue centres near me. Was very surprised to see one about a mile away from us. Even though it was Boxing Day I emailed and the owner, Billy Devitt, replied. He takes in any cat and has turned his home into a rescue centre. He has very recently appeared in our local press and on ITV national news. To cut a long story short less than a month later we collected Milo from him. It might be worth having a Google for any places near you. Billys is Wisteria Cat Rescue.
I get what you say about lockdown pets being available later but, as you say, the rescue places don't make it easy. Our youngest daughter has been trying to adopt a rescue dog for the last year with no luck. She already has a black lab and a cat plus 2 children and apparently all these are stumbling blocks.
My brother had 2 Great Danes and a Great Dane/Irish Wolfhound x. Unfortunately the x died last August followed by the eldest Great Dane 3 weeks ago at the age of 12-very old for the breed apparently. He contacted the Great Dane rescue and was told that he needs a garden with a 6ft fence which he doesn't have plus he must not have laminated flooring which he does have. He said that he is very experienced with the breed but was turned down flat. He opted to spend £2,500 on a Miniature Schnauzer instead. Madness, he could have given 2 Great Danes a wonderful life.

My youngest son and his partner are going mad trying to adopt a dog. They`re both in their 30`s, have a biggish 3 storey house with a good sized garden. His partner works from home 2 days a week even before lockdown and he`s allowed to take a dog to work with him because he works in a childrens home and the kids are encouraged to be around animals because it calms them and those kids with behavioural issues often respond far better to animals than to humans. His manager takes her dog with her and the home already has its own house cat plus goldfish and a gerbil, all of which the kids take care of. Sadly the animal adoption agencies aren`t happy with that and as my son says, he could go out and buy any dog for an eye watering sum of money and wouldn`t be asked any questions, yet they want to be caring and give an unwanted dog a good home and the agencies hold it against them.

My youngest son and his partner are going mad trying to adopt a dog. They`re both in their 30`s, have a biggish 3 storey house with a good sized garden. His partner works from home 2 days a week even before lockdown and he`s allowed to take a dog to work with him because he works in a childrens home and the kids are encouraged to be around animals because it calms them and those kids with behavioural issues often respond far better to animals than to humans. His manager takes her dog with her and the home already has its own house cat plus goldfish and a gerbil, all of which the kids take care of. Sadly the animal adoption agencies aren`t happy with that and as my son says, he could go out and buy any dog for an eye watering sum of money and wouldn`t be asked any questions, yet they want to be caring and give an unwanted dog a good home and the agencies hold it against them.
Exactly, its madness. Billy tells me that a lot of people have adopted dogs from abroad. Daughter even tried that but didn't get anywhere.

My sister's just told me about a cat who has lost her owner to covid; she's 8 years old & white so needs to go to someone who is prepared to look after her ears during the summer. If Sox wasn't so nervous I wouldn't think twice about taking her but I can't risk him being unhappy.

My sister's just told me about a cat who has lost her owner to covid; she's 8 years old & white so needs to go to someone who is prepared to look after her ears during the summer. If Sox wasn't so nervous I wouldn't think twice about taking her but I can't risk him being unhappy.
Our Millie had a pink nose and spent most of the summer on the shed roof, that's how she developed her tumour.

A friend had a black lab Frodo, she was female but one son a big LOTRS fan. Manic sock eater. My friend used to say do you like Donna Frodo? Overweight large lab jumped on my knee and licked me.
🥰 I nearly collapsed under her weight.
Our daughters black lab is called Carter. She gave Mr Twirl the lead one day and he looked like he was water skiing as Carter pulled him along 😄.

So sorry Vienna regarding your black lab.
Really feeling for you, so very sad and you must be really heart broken.
We have a yellow lab, he’s not good on his legs now.
Take care of yourself and you know we are all here for you 🤗
Labradors are big goof balls, I bet she was a super dog. They love their food.

I used to have a friends black lab when she went sailing (a lot) He was very big, a good line. Ended up on our bed at night, hogging it - we were pinned under the duvet whilst he farted throughout the night, oblivious.

Cartoon specs drugs 164569726_10159063023063.jpg

Labradors are big goof balls, I bet she was a super dog. They love their food.

I used to have a friends black lab when she went sailing (a lot) He was very big, a good line. Ended up on our bed at night, hogging it - we were pinned under the duvet whilst he farted throughout the night, oblivious.
She was a lovely dog SB. Gentle natured , obedient, loved water, mud, sniffing out pheasants and other wildlife and so well behaved. Even as a puppy she learned so quickly and she was a star. Today our vet sent us a sympathy card with her paw print inked inside it and a small phial of her fur.
162401705_10159821982146189_1646455134785195869_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back