Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon climate protester 246780669_10160166.jpg

YET MORE PROBLEMS

Got up at 4 am for loo and found radiators were very hot, they should have gone off at midnight.

Went downstairs to investigate, the power cuts had affected the timer which was why the heating was on.

But when I was in the hall, I could hear a clicking sound. Then discovered it was water dripping from the ceiling, the ceiling was saturated, there were multiple drips everywhere, and water was running from the vinyl flooring onto the carpet into the hall and dining room.

I turned the stop tap off, but it didn't work fully, so I had to find the stop tap in the pavement by the water meter.

It's been off an hour, but still dripping from the ceiling.

I'm covered by British Gas Homecare, it took ages to get through, then a plumber called back and said he'd only just gone to bed after working all day on emergencies.

He said it would be much better to get a "fresh" plumber later, but that could be perhaps 6 hours and he couldn't even promise that.

Eventually he said he may as well come, as he was now up.

In the meantime, I've discovered that the leak is under the bath from a previous job they did, which looks like a bit of a bodge.

So I've got no water or heating, not even water to drink. And it doesn't look an easy job. Now 0615 so been up 2 1/4 hours. And I was going away to stay with OH today.

YET MORE PROBLEMS

Got up at 4 am for loo and found radiators were very hot, they should have gone off at midnight.

Went downstairs to investigate, the power cuts had affected the timer which was why the heating was on.

But when I was in the hall, I could hear a clicking sound. Then discovered it was water dripping from the ceiling, the ceiling was saturated, there were multiple drips everywhere, and water was running from the vinyl flooring onto the carpet into the hall and dining room.

I turned the stop tap off, but it didn't work fully, so I had to find the stop tap in the pavement by the water meter.

It's been off an hour, but still dripping from the ceiling.

I'm covered by British Gas Homecare, it took ages to get through, then a plumber called back and said he'd only just gone to bed after working all day on emergencies.

He said it would be much better to get a "fresh" plumber later, but that could be perhaps 6 hours and he couldn't even promise that.

Eventually he said he may as well come, as he was now up.

In the meantime, I've discovered that the leak is under the bath from a previous job they did, which looks like a bit of a bodge.

So I've got no water or heating, not even water to drink. And it doesn't look an easy job. Now 0615 so been up 2 1/4 hours. And I was going away to stay with OH today.
I am so sorry Strato, what a nightmare.

If I hadn't got up and found the radiators were hot then I would have gone back to bed and not known about the leak until much later when I got up.

So it was "lucky" that I had 2 power cuts last night which upset the boiler timings and caused the radiators to be hot at 4 am., causing me to come downstairs.

Tried putting some buckets down, but the drips are everywhere, and kitchen ceiling has gone black.

If I hadn't got up and found the radiators were hot then I would have gone back to bed and not known about the leak until much later when I got up.

So it was "lucky" that I had 2 power cuts last night which upset the boiler timings and caused the radiators to be hot at 4 am., causing me to come downstairs.

Tried putting some buckets down, but the drips are everywhere, and kitchen ceiling has gone black.
Oh noooo. Is this all as a result of these jokers in your garden?

Don't think so, except they were bashing the ground with the huge JCB bucket to flatten the earth, I could feel the earth shaking below my feet, possibly enough to cause the leak, but absolutely no way of knowing.
Oh my word I had no idea you were in such a mess.
Thinking of you and sending you some 🤗🤗🤗.
How are things today?
Are you able when sorted and let things dry out whilst staying at your OH.
Could you film these things and send to say something like Watchdog or Citizens Advice or Age Concern, could they do anything to help and advise?

Oh my word I had no idea you were in such a mess.
Thinking of you and sending you some 🤗🤗🤗.
How are things today?
Are you able when sorted and let things dry out whilst staying at your OH.
Could you film these things and send to say something like Watchdog or Citizens Advice or Age Concern, could they do anything to help and advise?
I'm on the phone at this very moment, on hold, to the plumbing firm (British Gas) to see if they will reinstate my ruined ceiling.

And a gardening firm is doing estimates for the water company to reinstate my wall, fence, and lawn.

Latest posts

Back