stick thin models for shapewear show - WHY?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Just tuned into qvc whilst tackling the ironing and noticed how incredibly thin the two models are. I'm not saying they look unhealthy, despite having not an ounce of fat between the two of them, they don't....but they're modelling shapewear ffs!!! Perhaps they're trying to make us believe they're actually size 18 when they take the shapewear off lol! But I'm actually quite surprised at qvc using models that are that slim but for a shapewear show - I have no words!

the american model with the long hair (her name escapes me) is only a size 10 but has a g cup. i can see the model she may be the same size but is not so heavy busted

the american model with the long hair (her name escapes me) is only a size 10 but has a g cup. i can see the model she may be the same size but is not so heavy busted

Deborah-Ann is her name. I think she's too thin, personally... I believe the only thing that could possibly make her a size 10 is her bust... I think the rest of her is probably a size 8.

I think QVC uses models that are listed for underwear. You tend to see the same models turning up for the shapewear as used to turn up for other underwear when they did it.

I don't think any of them really dare to use women with the issues which would probably lead them to resort to shapewear. I tried a shapewear slip, in the correct size, and looked like a sausage! I've come to my senses. I buy my true size in underwear as well as outerwear. I might not like that size, but I'm comfortable in my clothes without any extra bulges where I don't want them.

I would think squashing your body into shapewear of any kind on a regular basis is not a good thing. As for that waist cinching thing from JML that is being advertised words fail me.

I wondered if it was because of the rather naughty youtube comments that followed a shapewear presentation-when they used Deborah Ann and a fuller figured model called Sammi.

It will be out there somewhere but I remember seeing it posted that it was a bit risqué for QVC!

I wondered if it was because of the rather naughty youtube comments that followed a shapewear presentation-when they used Deborah Ann and a fuller figured model called Sammi.

It will be out there somewhere but I remember seeing it posted that it was a bit risqué for QVC!

There are some weird fetish people that post bits from QVC featuring feet etc. Very odd indeed - but if Marjolain Brugman's "Aces of Spades" bakes their biscuit, so be it, I guess!

I remember a few years back now they did a shapewear hour featuring "real women" who had real issues. The American guest seemed to take delight in yanking off their apparel only for the the muffing-tops to splurge out in all directions like a controlled explosion of pastry dough! It was quite cringeworthy and I remember watching awkwardly through my fingers! I remember the cellulite thighs looking like giant heads of cauliflower.

Was that Ellis Ward who used to be on TJC? She was SO unbelievable OTT she used to make me laugh with the ridiculous pitches she used to come out with. I actually quite miss her in an odd sort of way. She was fun - a bit like a kids' TV presenter. Nowadays they have that awful Chloe Marshall on there, trying to be all posh. I rather suspect she's as common as muck!

I would think squashing your body into shapewear of any kind on a regular basis is not a good thing. As for that waist cinching thing from JML that is being advertised words fail me.

"waist trainers" they call them. What's so different from the corsets of yore? Just the materials they are made of. They still risk the same health issues - prolonged extreme compression of one part of the body cannot possibly be healthy.

"waist trainers" they call them. What's so different from the corsets of yore? Just the materials they are made of. They still risk the same health issues - prolonged extreme compression of one part of the body cannot possibly be healthy.

I can't imagine it would be good at all. When the garment is removed there could be a sudden drop in blood pressure which could cause problems. After I had surgery to my shoulder I had to wear a pressure garment and I hated it. I could hardly breathe.

stick thin models for shapewear show - WHY?

Because quite simply, if they used fat models for the shapewear they wouldn't sell any because we'd all see that they don't actually do much for larger amounts of skin and flab. The only ones that do anything are the really tight control suits and they are so uncomfortable you just can't wear them for more than 20 minutes.

CC

Latest posts

Back