Steam Mops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
would you?

i seek the perfect fast cleaning implement for a combination of wood laminate, laminate and tile.

the thing that puts me off is that the demo always shows them moving the mop v e r y s l o w l y across the floor. i assume therefore that they dont work very well if you use a normal mopping action.

i dont have that kinda time on my hands... or am i wrong?

I've got one of the earliest steam cleaners sold by QVC. It is the type that looks like a cylinder vac, with a hose, a floor attachment and various nozzles.

It does NOT clean cookers like QVC demonstrate, I suspect that their "burnt on grease" is actually dried brown sauce!

Also I get hot and sweaty using it (because of the steam, obviously) and all the windows steam up, and probably cold corners of rooms too, causing mould.

i haven't seen the demo but i got one from qvc years ago the same shape as the tsv - you have to wrap a flannel thing round the bottom. i don't have solid floors, only carpet and it's totally useless - doesn't do a thing. it's in the heap in the garage somewhere.

steam mops just freshen up floors and carpets. on a hard floor some boiling hot water and mop would probably clean just as well and much cheaper.
steam cleaners are good for kitchens and bathrooms as they blast grime away from corners and crevices on hard surfaces.

Won't be without mine. Fantastic for hard floors and they dry in a jiffy. Use mine for windows too.

I have a home tek steam mop and I would'nt be without it, it cleans my kitchen laminate floor ,tiled bathroom floor,old fashioned quarry tiles in my front porch and I have real parquate floors throughout the main hall I live in a bungalow and it goes straight through with a quick mop head change depending on the amount of dirt and from which part of the bungalow I start my cleaning in I have never done the couple of carpets I have with it I just vacuum them.It leaves my floors almost dry and is really easy to use and you dont need to push it around really slowly either I'd say give it a go and if you dont get on with it send it back.

I have the Shark steam mop, love it. Does my laminate a treat and the cushion lino in the bathroom. Cleans it so fast and the muck on the pad thingy is horrifying to behold!! It came with three heads including a trianagular one that is wonderful (oh lordy am gushing like a QVC presenter!) for cleaning in akward corners. Floors dry almost as soon as you have cleaned them, I actuallly enjoy using it, which is a bit tragic! I got is from QVC when they sent me one of those easy pay vouchers. Have a little hand held streamer that I got cheap in Aldi and it is great for worktops, the cooker and was an absolute boon cleaning up after recent building work.Also use it to speed up defrosting my freezer.

I have the Shark steam mop, love it. Does my laminate a treat and the cushion lino in the bathroom. Cleans it so fast and the muck on the pad thingy is horrifying to behold!! It came with three heads including a trianagular one that is wonderful (oh lordy am gushing like a QVC presenter!) for cleaning in akward corners. Floors dry almost as soon as you have cleaned them, I actuallly enjoy using it, which is a bit tragic! I got is from QVC when they sent me one of those easy pay vouchers. Have a little hand held streamer that I got cheap in Aldi and it is great for worktops, the cooker and was an absolute boon cleaning up after recent building work.Also use it to speed up defrosting my freezer.

Do you hire yourself out ss? Not that I'm a slob or anything :blush:

Latest posts

Back