Stan herman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Has anyone tried this range ?

Have just ordered the pretty lilac maxi with cardigan - AND have reported that the website is bonkers again so its being reported - this item is referred to as a maxi dress, but the description is for a nightdress and wrap !!!! however the fabric is viscose and elastene, hardly bedworthy. So I'm chancing it. (item 134772)

I've never heard of it till now but 3 of the 7 items are on Last Clicks. Has it been around long?

I was just looking at that and thought it looked like a nightie.

Off to have another look....

I quite like the look of this item http://www.qvcuk.com/Stan-Herman-Ik...IO_ProdDetail-_-1&relType=IO_DO&refLocation=1 but I'd probably have to shorten the dress which tends to put me off.

I wonder whether the Web YTS yoof just Copied & Paste an old Stan Herman item from his dressing gown days on Q :mysmilie_13: (I see this all the time on ebay...I've done it myself. Even proof reading I've missed glaring typos!)

Could you report back when it arrives Brissles?

Thanks for all that.

If some of you remember this range, then it must have been before I got involved over 13 years ago, cos I cant remember sleepwear other than Carole Hochman. The Q operator maintained that because other items in this 'collection' were not nightwear then it must have been a web error - as who would want to sleep in viscose/elastene.

Anyway, I doubt if I'll wear the cardi, but the dress looked ok, so yes, will report back when it arrives.

From QVC US:
Stan Herman is truly a man of style. His ready-to-wear design savvy is showcased in his comfy, cozy loungewear. You're always confident whether cocooning at home in an ultra-soft plush robe or lounge set, or relaxing outside in one of his signature cotton caftans or dresses.

Well, that's as clear as mud ! can we wear it outside or not ??? Oh dear, I'm starting to wish I hadn't ordered that frock now - maxi dress to me means what it is, a dress for outside wear.

Hmmm quite liked that long dress but I have already bought a Nina Leonard one in the clearance so must resist. My opportunities to wear these things are very minimal.

CC

I think the maxi dress you've bought was briefly on the morning show this morning but with the wrong details on the screen. The guest was wearing the maxi dress that matched the details. Neither looked like a nightie to me. The one I think you've bought in the purple colour way was really pretty.

Well, that's as clear as mud ! can we wear it outside or not ??? Oh dear, I'm starting to wish I hadn't ordered that frock now - maxi dress to me means what it is, a dress for outside wear.

Well, to me, it says he makes nightclothes and also casual clothing for outdoors. I guess you will be able to tell instantly when you see it whether you think it is suitable for daywear or not.

I know top models and those of a slimmer disposition can wear their 'slips' as clubbing dresses, but a size 20 mid 60's woman trotting up the Co-op in her 'nightie' could look a bit suspect !!! I live in hope til it arrives !

I know top models and those of a slimmer disposition can wear their 'slips' as clubbing dresses, but a size 20 mid 60's woman trotting up the Co-op in her 'nightie' could look a bit suspect !!! I live in hope til it arrives !

I would say you're safe. They've changed the description now so no mention of it being a nightgown but based on photos, video and description, and the fact it's with a cardigan, I would say it's certainly for outside wear. It looks to me like some of his stuff is 'loungewear' (not necessarily this item) which often means it's just casual and comfortable for around the house and out and about...

Mind you not sure why you wouldn't sleep in stretch viscose? I have several chemises and pj pant sets in viscose jersey and they're designed for sleep and are amazing to wear in bed - soft and drapey!

Wasn't the woman presenting also the woman that covers for the Carole Hochman guest when she can't make it? Doesn't matter if it's a nightie or loungewear, if you like it and it's comfortable then wear it out, I've seen some lovely loungewear/nightwear that you would never be able to tell the difference that and regular wear.

Only this weekend I saw a lady sashaying around the supermarket in a long 'dress' available to purchase from their nightwear aisle. I only knew this because I had bought it a few weeks earlier for lounging around at home. I think you can get away with anything these days. Did make me smile though.

I think it is the photos on the website which make it so difficult to ascertain which catagory it falls into - the cardy is about 20 sizes too big for the model.

Anyway you are unlikely to see anyone else out in it unlike a supermarket item (see Snooze post).

BTW according to Q they have zillions of new customers every month and then they say that "no one else is going to have this unlike DHS items where everyone else is wearing them" now you cant have it both ways - either zillions are buying and we will eventually run into a fraction of them at some time or no one is buying.

Somehow I think all their new customers are for the beauty bargins only.

When it was aired, Simon said you could wear it as a nightie or dress......that didn't clarify it for me!

:mysmilie_13:

interesting reading here http://community.exacttarget.com/forums/fashion-talk/topic/455532/stan-herman-is-carole-hochman.aspx

especially this one " Last year I ordered a Stan Hermann house dress...much to my surprise the tags read Carol Hochman. I contacted QVC..no one had an answer. They insisted I had ordered a Hochman product. I wrote to Stan and he replied with a confirmation that in the UK he is under Hochman label. Everyone was shocked that I had received a piece from the UK. My thought..all made in the same place with every designer getting a grab. "

Excellent bit of sleuthing SCW! So many recent posts suggesting Q clothing ranges seem to have a common origin...very suspicious!

Latest posts

Back