Spelling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

logfire

Registered Shopper
What on earth is a 'morsal' ( more sall ? ) I wondered. Q have a mini morsal pan for sale WITH pressing tool . Do I need this? I've survived a long time without one but you should never be closed minded . You can fit 24 of these 'morsals ' in a pan so that sounds like a good deal to me . And there's a stick sorry pressing tool if the ' morsal 'is reluctant to go into its little groove . Must go . Off to source them at M ' sons . :grin:

spelling aside, this is a lovely little set. It's very sturdy, not at all flimsy and worth the money.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Baking-Boutiqu...-Wooden-Pressing-Tool.product.801096.html?sc=[Ljava.lang.String%3b%4031ce31ce

I bought one last December and so many things can be made with the set - little pies, mince pies, mini quiches, yorkshire puds, all sorts - I would suggest that the wooden pressing tool is dipped in flour first before pushing the pastry down, or otherwise, it can stick to the pastry case and pull it out of the tray again.

This is a good price as a very similar one is on the Lakeland site for £17.59

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/12514/My-Kitchen-Cook-and-Bake-Mini-Morsel-Set

What on earth is a 'morsal' ( more sall ? ) I wondered. Q have a mini morsal pan for sale WITH pressing tool . Do I need this? I've survived a long time without one but you should never be closed minded . You can fit 24 of these 'morsals ' in a pan so that sounds like a good deal to me . And there's a stick sorry pressing tool if the ' morsal 'is reluctant to go into its little groove . Must go . Off to source them at M ' sons . :grin:

I see it also makes 'volovants'

I'm going to make "horse d'oeuvres" with mine

Thanks for the link DD!

:mysmilie_508:

Don't you mean "horse's doofers" Frazzled? It's what I overheard someone say once when reading a menu out loud....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

This thread reminds me of when I was in York several years ago with the children. We were outside a tea rooms - I'm sure it was Betty's - and a very posh sounding lady said to her equally posh sounding companion " have you decided what you are buying yet? I'm having one of those Qwickies" - pointing to a cheese quiche. :grin:

Well spotted LogFire and Von2! And the possibilities are "endlist" so says a Q Reviewer in the link. :wink: SnarlyLovedSpelling

The best one for me many years ago, was a junior colleague studying her forthcoming wedding breakfast menu, seriously ask what crudites (as in luddites) were.

There was much frivolity! :grin:

A seriously unpleasant Australian former colleague of mine who thought she was something of a gourmet and that all English people were complete dimwits tried to order a "Nick-o-eeeze" salad in a French restaurant. Apparently everyone else present was falling over themselves to correct her pronounciation of Nicoise.

I doubt one I heard years ago will ever be beaten. Did I want "mucrons" with my soup?! And that in a hospital canteen. No I did not and I've never looked at a crouton in the same way.

My "mini morsal pan" turned up this morning, I am very impressed with the quality, this is a good buy at the clearance price.

I can't wait to get "morsalling"! :tongue:

I have said it before, but this ony goes to prove that QVC's computer department is staffed by work experience students in Yr 10

And pickcher LEL.

Many moons ago in a shop window we read ice cream coronets. It tickled Mum no end.[/QUOTE)

Oh yes pickcher every year without fail.:grin:

This isn't spelling but i did a lesson on verbs and the children had to write a sentence and underline the verb. To my surprise i read.
"My grandpa came on a virgin " :eek:
A little bemused i asked the child to tell me about it.
"My grandpa came to see us on the train at the weekend" was the answer. I was a little relieved!!!

Kids don't you love them.

Latest posts

Back