Specially Made for QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brubalu

Registered Shopper
When something is specially made for QVC is it a selling point for you or does it put you off ?
For me it's a minus point I always think it must be substandard if it's not on sale anywhere else :wonder:

Yes, it tends to put me off, because it doesn't have the same cache as buying though a 'proper' outlet. Call it being narrow minded but I still have this 'thing' about being known to shop on qvc !

Until I read some of the recent threads on here, I thought 'Specially Made for QVC' was a nice touch, a bit of individuality.
As I wrote, "before I read some of the recent threads" ....

Definitely when it comes to Kipling "exclusively made for QVC" bags. I remember buying the Jacqueline when it was a TSV and couldn't believe what tat is was when it arrived. Nothing like normal Kipling bags that are fully lined. It went straight back. I'm still amazed to see the Q still selling it, and its over £50 now! The people buying it must be first time Kipling buyers who don't know any better about the usual quality of Kipling bags. It took 3-4 times of succumbing to the "exclusive" Kipling TSV bags to learn that "exclusive" was a euphemism for compromise in quality. I steer well clear of them now. I am hoping the same meaning of "exclusive" doesn't apply to the recent Clarisonic TSV I purchased.

Looks promising Flamenco:

Meet the company behind Clarisonic At Pacific Bioscience Laboratories, we have a passion for bringing great new ideas to life. Our mission is to develop and market technically advanced and clinically proven products that make a clear difference in skin care.

With Clarisonic, we aim to revolutionize skin care in the same way sonic technology forever changed how millions care for their teeth and gums. Pacific Bioscience Laboratories was established by scientists, engineers, and the primary inventor of the Sonicare toothbrush, one of the best-selling sonic-based consumer products of all time.

Sonicare is a registered trademark of Philips Oral Healthcare Inc., which is not affiliated with PBL or Clarisonic.

Last edited:
Agree with you completely on this, unfortunately I kept the Jacqueline bag and have always regretted it and never use it because it is so thin and floppy as only half of it is lined. Whereas they usually bang on about the bag's being fully lined, failed to mention the lack of a lining on this occasion. As soon as I hear 'exclusively made for QVC' in relation to not only Kipling, but anything, I steer well clear!

Definitely when it comes to Kipling "exclusively made for QVC" bags. I remember buying the Jacqueline when it was a TSV and couldn't believe what tat is was when it arrived. Nothing like normal Kipling bags that are fully lined. It went straight back. I'm still amazed to see the Q still selling it, and its over £50 now! The people buying it must be first time Kipling buyers who don't know any better about the usual quality of Kipling bags. It took 3-4 times of succumbing to the "exclusive" Kipling TSV bags to learn that "exclusive" was a euphemism for compromise in quality. I steer well clear of them now. I am hoping the same meaning of "exclusive" doesn't apply to the recent Clarisonic TSV I purchased.

It totally puts me off, mainly because I think they will have not made it to the usual standards (especially if it is for a TSV).

I always think that exclusive for QVC means something has been produced to be sold at a certain price and this might result in a compromise in some other area e.g. Less detail or cheaper materials.

Made for QVC puts me off too. I also bought the Kipling Jacqueline bag when it was a TSV. It was my first Kipling bag so I had nothing to compare it with quality wise. I was not impressed but kept it anyway. I have since bought two smaller Kipling bags and I love them. The quality is far superior than the Jacqueline, which lives under the bed holding my stash of skincare.

Puts me off too. "Made for QVC" = "made to a specific price", in my mind. I think of the mass produced B&W bags etc where the quality is so inferior to the jewellery he used to make and sell in his own shop.

Another vote here for the 'it puts me off' camp. But it only applies to brands that also sell elsewhere, like Kipling and Butler and Wilson rather than brands that solely sell on QVC, whose products are all presumably made 'specially for QVC', but are more likely to be all at the same quality level, be it poor or otherwise.

Another vote here for the 'it puts me off' camp. But it only applies to brands that also sell elsewhere, like Kipling and Butler and Wilson rather than brands that solely sell on QVC, whose products are all presumably made 'specially for QVC', but are more likely to be all at the same quality level, be it poor or otherwise.

Not so sure about that. The NN range is made in factories worldwide and there's a noticeable difference in quality when it's made in China.

Latest posts

Back