South sea pearls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Frazzled , yes I hope they are fabulous . I think you are right about the wow factor when you open the box. In the past I have kept things I should probably have sent back but this is too expensive for an impulse buy . I will update next week. Meanwhile I must stop looking at Last Clicks and Ebay !

cost per wear is one way of working out the true value of something. If you truly love something and wear it loads then it can work out very inexpensive compared to something you like the look of, buy and then it never sees the light of day. I think that if all your bills are paid and there is food in the house and enough to get you through the month without having a stress attack then buy it! But wear it and love it too.

Yes silversequin , you are right . I do get a lot of pleasure from my jewellery but I occasionally think to myself what on earth are you doing buying this expensive jewellery when probably I could wear pretend diamonds and pearls which in fact look far more perfect than the real thing. Everyone spends their money differently though don't they
and I don't spend much on anything else .

I#ve often heard the expression "pearls and twinset", but what is a twinset, and why are they linked together?

Sigh. A twinset is a matched outfit of a sleeveless top and cardigan. A certain kind of posh woman in the 60s and 70s would traditionally wear a twinset and a string of white pearls.

Well folks I have done the deed , hoorah ! After returning from a couple of drinks at the local with friends , I switched on my laptop to discover that the necklace was still available (now waitlist) so after telling my husband who always says "its up to you" I ordered it . The 30 day MBG does give you confidence doesn't it.
Thank you all for your valuable input and for understanding these crazy slightly obsessive desires we have be it for jewellery, handbags or whatever .
Those pearls look lovely, mayday. I hope they are as nice as seen on the web page, or even nicer.

Mayday do update us when your pearls arrive :nod:. I have to say having done some research into south sea and Tahitian pearls on the open market I think QVC's prices are very competitive. Hope they blow you away!

Yes it was Item 604481 and although the necklace is a high priced item it does seem to be a competitive price for golden south sea pearls . Hope they are as good as the looked on the telly!
I'll keep you updated when they arrive .Thanks for all your comments.

We are waiting to hear your first impression, you always have your 30 day MBG! that would be a lot to return with the insurance! I can't go there ( SS pearl prices) but as I said before if they give you pleasure every time you wear them & can really afford ---great!!!

Well the necklace has arrived and is a beautiful champagne gold colour , large pearls with virtually no flaws or pits . The colour is not as deep and rich as my stud earrings and pendant (both from QVC ) but nevertheless a good match .
I'm now looking forward to wearing and enjoying them!

I"m glad you really liked them Mayday, a happy person, and good to let us all know. Enjoy wearing them :happy:

Latest posts

Back