Sometimes it's the cheapest, dullest purchases.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its actually an old kit (no probs there as they are brushes) - we have been selling them for about 3 years (although we have been out of stock for a while - more en route)
Smashbox have recently taken them off their website so I suspect this order will be our last and they are discontinuing
It is a really good price from QVC - esp with free p and p. Worth grabbing and great for gifties

Many thanks kitten-with-claws for starting this thread. I've wanted some travel brushes for trips away for a while but decent quality ones not the naff ones I've come across in my local shops. This website is brilliant for picking up all sorts of useful information!

I am going to give a shameless plug here but I do like the ultimate brushes from JBD and their travel set is really cool too. But they are as well as not instead of my beloved smashbox.

KWC, the ultimate brushes wouldgo down a storm with the camera lens cleaning husband :D
:64:

........that please the most!
Smashbox Travel Brush Set arrived this morning & I adore it! I can even fit the Halo brush in the holder & the brushes are so sweet & just the right size for me, I am so happy with them! :)

I have a collection of mismatched, scruffy old brushes, mostly rubbish tbh & am more than halfway blind so full-length ones are hard to manage & wasted on me as I'm always approximately 2cm from the mirror anyway! lol
(Can't focus on much at all close up, eye make-up & nail varnish is more luck than judgement if it lands in the right place & that which does is mostly down to a steady hand & muscle memory! I have a magnifying glass next to me for applying nail varnish so I can check each nail as I do it, takes forever to do all 10 nails! lol)

As I say, only a small thing but I am so chuffed with these little brushes, they've really cheered me up! :)

I think you are an inspiration, my own eyesight is failing slowly, and its crossed my mind on many occasions as how to manage,nails and cosmetics [ive always loved makeup and ive always had long nails which im proud of] and the thought of letting things slide is not an option! good for you for not throwing in the towel!!!!:40:

I think you are an inspiration, my own eyesight is failing slowly, and its crossed my mind on many occasions as how to manage,nails and cosmetics [ive always loved makeup and ive always had long nails which im proud of] and the thought of letting things slide is not an option! good for you for not throwing in the towel!!!!:40:

There is a lovely poster on these forums who is completely blind but manages to apply lippy & gloss! Now that I couldn't do if I couldn't see!

Don't give up Roxy - I recently bought the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit, (dead easy & non-messy to apply & very flattering colours for the no-longer-in-her-30's lady who doesn't see too well!), the LG 4 piece Baked Indulgences Collection (not tried that yet though!) & of course the travel brushes, all hopefully to make life a bit easier, yet still make me look 'nice'!

The nail varnishes are a problem sometimes & it's infuriating to apply a base coat, then varnish, then realise you've made a hash of it & have to start all over again but worth it to wear all the lovely colours, which unlike eye make-up, don't really have an 'age limit' so anything goes! lol

p.s. I find it easier to apply nail varnish outside in the garden, in full natural light! I look a bit odd sitting on a bench surrounded by all my bottles but I don't really care!

Pandora - you're welcome! The brushes really are fab & you don't even have to take my word for it, virtually everybody loves them, worth every penny & if you want to add a few more in the shorter travel size, JBD sells quite a few individually!

vampyre - I saw the Ultimate brushes on JBD's site & thought they might make a fab pressie for a DD! (Or several DDs! lol) :)

I went for a set, so thanks kwc. And just as you suggested jbd, they're going in the pressie drawer. :)

KWC I think the Ultimate brushes would be a great gift for anyone's DD, the price really doesn't reflect the high quality of the product. As someone who would appreciate it the texture of these brushes, in particular the whisper range which is a dual fibre, is incredibly soft.
One tip that I am sure you and others are familiar with but just in case it helps anyone- when using anything like Halo, Bare Escentuals or any powder that requires swirling the brush in it remember to change direction a few times and it will make sure the brush is evenly coated with product.

I would sooo love to have a swirl of the new Christopher Drummond stuff. He uses the Ultimates and I just know it's got to be a lovely range. :64:

One tip that I am sure you and others are familiar with but just in case it helps anyone- when using anything like Halo, Bare Escentuals or any powder that requires swirling the brush in it remember to change direction a few times and it will make sure the brush is evenly coated with product.

Ooh yes, thanks for the reminder vampyre - I'm not overly familiar with 'swirling' & I'm pretty sure I do this now (*imagines doing it in head....!* lol) but I will make sure I do it every time as I love my Halo brush!
(I don't expect it will last as long as it should as I'm constantly fiddling with its soft fluffiness, I have to remember to keep putting it away out of sight! Simple things, eh....? lol)

........that please the most!
Smashbox Travel Brush Set arrived this morning & I adore it! I can even fit the Halo brush in the holder & the brushes are so sweet & just the right size for me, I am so happy with them! :)

I have a collection of mismatched, scruffy old brushes, mostly rubbish tbh & am more than halfway blind so full-length ones are hard to manage & wasted on me as I'm always approximately 2cm from the mirror anyway! lol
(Can't focus on much at all close up, eye make-up & nail varnish is more luck than judgement if it lands in the right place & that which does is mostly down to a steady hand & muscle memory! I have a magnifying glass next to me for applying nail varnish so I can check each nail as I do it, takes forever to do all 10 nails! lol)

As I say, only a small thing but I am so chuffed with these little brushes, they've really cheered me up! :)

I really appreciated what you were both saying, I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and have to have the mirror right up to my face, for make up.

It got me thinking about desktop magnifiers, I sure i've seen them before but can't think where. Anyway I just went looking and found this site, which has allsorts!!!!

http://www.magnifyingglasses.co.uk/...ogue_Hands_Free_Magnifiers_and_Stands_12.html

I have an excellent small magnifying mirror with a light that I got from HQhair. ;64:

Latest posts

Back