Soho

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone remember Beth Terrell, I had a couple of her pieces and they were quite nice? I also had a couple of Mickey bracelets years ago, but that brand didn't last long either. I can't remember the name but it was Italian sounding and they did some really lovely jumpers.
So many brands come and go with QVC but I think there was more choice years ago, it all seems so samey nowadays.

Mikey Jewellery is now loverocks

Anyone remember Beth Terrell, I had a couple of her pieces and they were quite nice? I also had a couple of Mickey bracelets years ago, but that brand didn't last long either. I can't remember the name but it was Italian sounding and they did some really lovely jumpers.
So many brands come and go with QVC but I think there was more choice years ago, it all seems so samey nowadays.

Mikey Jewellery is now loverocks

The creator of LoveRocks was the founder/creator of Mikey Jewellery but Mikey Jewellery is still available but under new ownership!

there are many things you don't see as often if at all these days, i miss Joseph Esposito too, he had some very nice things, Tacori went, came back and seems to have gone again, i loved that brand too.

Joan Rivers vanished a few years back and Suarti silver doesn't feature much anymore... there has been many handbag brands that have come and gone too.

Lime tree pantry was replaced by simple simon.

I'm also sure that QVC did sell Lindt chocolate for a show, maybe two and also Lily O'Brien has gone too.

They certainly did CMQ. That is when we first met Miceal as he was the guest presenter.
Apparently he was a chocolatier at the time.

Obviously this was before he completed a 2 day course for QVC which now enables him to market himself as a 'Fashion Expert'. Who knew that learning to put a handkerchief in a jacket pocket was all it took? Ha Ha

Just one of the shows that have disappeared (Small Office Home Office).

I've just found a 2010 TV guide.

Others were-

Home baking heaven

Uri Geller Jewellery

DIY on Sunday

Loads of craft and pilates shows

What others do you remember?

Mojave Magic, Ultraglow, Breezies (Bras), IlRe Gold

alexandra elliot and her exclusive collection of jewellery, alexandra was very posh, but knew her stuff.

the woman who would have a roly poly tsv like every other week, she was american but seemed to appear so often roly kits, were like a bits and bobs thing but rolled up.

the guy who selled the brite bites

They certainly did CMQ. That is when we first met Miceal as he was the guest presenter.
Apparently he was a chocolatier at the time.

Obviously this was before he completed a 2 day course for QVC which now enables him to market himself as a 'Fashion Expert'. Who knew that learning to put a handkerchief in a jacket pocket was all it took? Ha Ha

No he did a fashion course was it two or four weeks at a fashion school in London the Principal of which appears as a` fashion guest` on Q from time to time .... so that's where he learned where to put his hanky ..... and the time old cliché`s that are trotted out all the time!! He`ll be a stylist next dressing the rich and famous!! :(

Hagit Gorali - really lovely jewellery and still going strong on qvc.com. Please bring her back. I also liked Robert Lee Morris jewellery. All his pieces are in clearance across the pond so no chance of seeing him again I suppose.

Hagit Gorali - really lovely jewellery and still going strong on qvc.com. Please bring her back. I also liked Robert Lee Morris jewellery. All his pieces are in clearance across the pond so no chance of seeing him again I suppose.

I have several pieces too and whilst they were never inexpensive I would be more than prepared to pay the extra for a bit of quality and something different.

Now I don't have anything against Eek, I have a few pieces, but FGS it's never ****** off the schedules. Lazy lazy Q, get your finger out.

What happened to the floating candle/wicks lady?

You floated oil on a bowl of water and then lit the wick I think.....

Lindt was brilliant, chocs came direct from them and were the freshest/best I have ever eaten......and I have eaten a lot of everything.....oopss....Lindt!!

:mysmilie_5:

I used to love the very entertaining Chateau d'Argent shows & some of the silver & gemstone jewellery featured on them . David Sigal's current range is not at all to my taste . Also I really miss the Silver Shows that used to feature Smoky Quartz or Mookite jewellery etc . Perhaps these are no longer fashionable .
Bronze jewellery seems to have taken over !

David Sigal, silver jewellery from Canada. Some nice stuff. Susie B jewellery from California. Prescriptives make up with a guest called Gary who really knew his stuff and was calm, quiet and very informative.

Lunch at the Ritz had some fabulous and different jewellery - they still have a website, but eye watering prices. They only did a couple of shows, they were as mad as a box of frogs, and poor old Anne Dawson was shell shocked when she presented them. Never been seen again.

Even some of the diamonique ranges which are rarely if ever seen... Tacori?

Even the ranges they have still got seem to have scaled back what they offer on QVC (probably because of QVC demand).

Great thread, really taking me back. Anyone remember the Wish Pearls (I think they were called?) where you got your very own dead mollusc to dig around in to find the pearl which you then put in it's little caged pendant - used to make me gag at the thought.
Also the touch lights, they used to have a big display spelling out the letters QVC and then rush round the set switching them on and off!

There was a show called ' Property of a lady' I can't remember much about the jewellery... but the guest was rather nice lol. I still have loads of the 'tap lights' I have no idea why I bought so many of them, the same goes for the lock&lock...Who can forget the DIY show every sunday back in the day, imo more enjoyable than the hours of the garden gnome we get now.:mysmilie_10:

diy on sunday was once the most popular regular slot they had, it was julians show really, he presented it most weeks.

him and harry greene, you could tell they were genuine pals, then after harry you had orlando.

I loved DIY on Sunday and bought far too much stuff, but most of these were things I'd never heard of before.

I always coveted the toolbox that miraculously morphed into a powered workshop, with drill, circular saw, and many other tools. It was a superb design, but was very expensive.

Also the drill attachment for spinning paint rollers and brushes to wash and dry them, but didn't get one of those either.

Actually after jewellery DIY would have been my next biggest buys - although mostly for Mr L and most are still in their boxes in the shed - big clear out this weekend and it will be interesting to see all the unopened items he thought was going to "come in handy"

I have LOADS of weekly bargains from Lidl that "may come in handy one day", and most of these are also still unopened.

The trouble with the Lidl weekly bargains is that you don't know when they will come back again, if ever, many are "when they've gone, they've gone"

one of my best buys was out of Lidl a few years ago but now Ive seen them in B&Q and Amazon etc.
It is a switch remote control which I use everyday with my electric Yankee Candle melt warmer because the plug is far too awkard to get to. Infact I think there was either 2 or 3 handsets in the pack and only cost a few pounds.

Latest posts

Back