So who buys Bibi Bijoux then....?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With you there, caretodiffer: I like a bit of jingle jangle because it makes me happy too! I think the Bibi looks nice (and I like hearts) - it looks nice and solid - not being silver would be good re not tarnishing and, although it's not precious metal, I think it's a good safe alloy. But I don't have any. (Love Lola Rose and have some of that because I like that it's semi-precious stones and the designs are lovely - a bit of jingle jangle on the toggle bracelets, but also like the 'quiet' stretch bracelets.)

I liked my bracelet simply because of the two reasons that you mentioned, mariecat,the jingle and I am very allergic to base metal, but I was OK with Bibi and I like the fact that they do not tarnish.
I do like that matching necklace to today's TSV, but they have yet not shown how to fasten it (I don't think I will buy it anyway)

I liked my bracelet simply because of the two reasons that you mentioned, mariecat,the jingle and I am very allergic to base metal, but I was OK with Bibi and I like the fact that they do not tarnish.
I do like that matching necklace to today's TSV, but they have yet not shown how to fasten it (I don't think I will buy it anyway)

Oh caretodiffer, i ordered the necklace for my daughter, as a Christmas present, its on advanced
orders, and never thought about how to put it on :grin:

The necklace that matches the tsv has a lobster clasp and an extender chain,
I have go confess I love the bibi stuff. I have two bracelets and a necklace, all with lots of hearts on and crystals. I actually received one and went looking around the local stores to see if I could find something similar but cheaper and have to say that I found nothing comparable. I found cheaper but the quality wasn't there. The bibi pieces really are well made and finished and have a good weight to them. I like things which are different (my friends all think I'm rather eccentric and arty in th way I dress, which I think is a compliment but not sure!!!) and would hate to think of celebrities wearing what I wear, and the presenter woman certainly doesn't endear the brand to me, and can't say I'd be over the moon if somebody recognised it as bibi as the presenter keeps telling us!!
So anyway, in conclusion, I love BB stuff, I do think it's worth the price, but don't the presentation of it on qvc!!

I have to say I've never seen it for sale in any department store or "trendy boutiques" as spouted by the seller, only on the Internet.....

The necklace that matches the tsv has a lobster clasp and an extender chain,
I have go confess I love the bibi stuff. I have two bracelets and a necklace, all with lots of hearts on and crystals. I actually received one and went looking around the local stores to see if I could find something similar but cheaper and have to say that I found nothing comparable. I found cheaper but the quality wasn't there. The bibi pieces really are well made and finished and have a good weight to them. I like things which are different (my friends all think I'm rather eccentric and arty in th way I dress, which I think is a compliment but not sure!!!) and would hate to think of celebrities wearing what I wear, and the presenter woman certainly doesn't endear the brand to me, and can't say I'd be over the moon if somebody recognised it as bibi as the presenter keeps telling us!!
So anyway, in conclusion, I love BB stuff, I do think it's worth the price, but don't the presentation of it on qvc!!

Hear hear Diane, very well stated, and thanks for the information about the necklace, which i got for my daughter,
for Christmas. :grin:

I like some of the pieces but I don't to pay those prices when I'm not getting precious metal. If they were silver I may be tempted.

I caught 20minutes of a show today, the first I've ever watched, and while I like the pieces (they feed my inner chav, lol), I think I'd prefer to go to Primark and spend less than a fiver for the same look. I would be tempted if they were silver too, Tinkerbelle!

It is like Lola Rose too, I ordered 3 Lola Rose necklaces as presents for relatives in the USA, and I paid good money for them, but I wish now maybe I should have bought them something from a brand that they were familiar with. They know I won't give them rubbish, but will not know that they are designer stuff.

I have to say I've never seen it for sale in any department store or "trendy boutiques" as spouted by the seller, only on the Internet.....

Both the above points are what I mean - in fact it was little miss jingle jangle herself that got me thinking originally, when she said about giving someone the TSV as a pressie (at its marvellous knockdown, bargain price! lol) & they would know you had bought them the equivalent of a 50 quid bracelet......& (as with Lola Rose), I couldn't help thinking....but would they? Then when DD said 'Who?' it really made me wonder....! :thinking:

Give someone Pandora beads or something & chances are they'll know instantly what you've spent on them but I wonder just how many brands on QVC you could say the same for? Same with the beauty stuff, how many friends/rellies would really guess that those two tiny bottles of whatever might retail on the brand website for gawd knows how much, or would they look at them & mentally price them up at BodyShop prices....or lower?

Makes you think though, doesn't it, especially at this time of year when the presenters are pushing us to buy even more things for our Xmas pressie drawers & such like?

There is an upmarket department store very close to where I work which stocks Bibi Bijoux, as well as Links, Pandora, Thomas Sabo et al. The prices are just as high as on QVC. Personally I prefer my Pandora double braided leather bracelet which I've added real silver Pandora charms including a dangly one. I wear it on my left wrist along with my watch and it has a nice jingle jangle to it. I buy the charms from an authorized online Danish stockists which is much cheaper than here. I am not prepared to pay Bibi prices especially as the pieces aren't silver.

i like bibi its very heavy and it does not tarnish and looks nice. if it were silver it would cost a fortune and silver does tarnish.

I only have one piece. It's the breast cancer care bracelet from last year. It's lovely. I like today's TSV but I'm trying not to spend.

I know lots of people don't like silver because of the tarnishing but it doesn't bother me in the least. But of a once over with a silver cloth and you're done. And lots of silver these days is coated anyway so it doesn't tarnish as quickly.

I'd rather have silver than any other white metal because of the look combined with the price.

As I've said several times ... and here she goes again ... I love the bead bracelets with the charm look. I wear one or two silver bead bracelets most days. They're not as weighty but I put the charm on myself and it's a solid silver heart. Not quite BiBi but definitely TinkTink.

I liked the Bibi TSV alot and thought the price was quite reasonable for Bibi. Managed to resist buying it.

I like some of the understated pieces and really liked the TSV. However, I can't justify the price.

Having said that I do like some of the understated Quacker stuff so what do I know LOL *runs off before fashion police arrive*

There's a sterling silver bead/ball bracelet in the 6pm hour if anyone wants a precious metal pared down version of Bibi.

Is it only me that finds yer woman's insistence on calling them "ball" bracelets irritating. They're beads, woman, beads. Balls are things you kick or hang on the Christmas tree.

I like layering bracelets but so far only have my pandora bracelet and nowt else as I have returned most of the other bracelets I have tried. Bibi is way over priced for what it is.

I liked the teal and pink bracelets that Pipa was wearing today. Anyone know what they are?

Latest posts

Back