So what's the plan for New Year's Eve?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
Earlier in the week RainbowDottie kindly invited us to hers for a New Year's eve party but she's gone real quiet since lol, but it got me wondering what others are planning for the evening.

I personally find it a bit of a depressing time of the year, we lost a close family member on 30th Dec many years ago and she is always in our mind at this time. I also see it as a marker that another year has rushed past rather than seeing it as the start of something new and exciting - that's for the youngsters I think. So we'll be fairly quiet unless the kids friends from Christmas Eve descend on us seeking food lol....

What will you be doing?
Thinking of staying sober Janie/SparklyBarbs? :mysmilie_501:

DJ x

No its no fun here we will be trying to calm one of our dogs down,he is really bad with the fireworks.Hope everyone else has a good evening

We are going out for a meal and drinks with friends, stopped in last year so looking forward to it. Hope you all have a good time whatever you have planned!

Well i'm working tomorrow to 2.30 then don't start on Tuesday until 13.00 to 21.00 so i think perhaps there might be a

small amount of vodka consumed, but not too much, as i've to drive the next day. I most certainly will not be finishing

the werthers vodka. Its still in freezer :)

Us pair of oldies don`t venture out on New Year`s eve. My husband`s kids and grandkids come around on New Year`s day so I`ll probably spend tomorrow night preparing stuff for that. I`ll crack open the remaining chocolates and if there`s anything decent on telly we`ll watch it but I reckon both of us will be in bed before the clock strikes 12. I can`t say I`ve ever enjoyed New Year, well maybe when I was a teenager.

No its no fun here we will be trying to calm one of our dogs down,he is really bad with the fireworks.Hope everyone else has a good evening

Hi Rubyrat, I'll have the same problem with one of mine - what is it with all the fireworks, we didn't get these before the millennium celebrations but now its standard practice for NYE!!!

Well i'm working tomorrow to 2.30 then don't start on Tuesday until 13.00 to 21.00 so i think perhaps there might be a

small amount of vodka consumed, but not too much, as i've to drive the next day. I most certainly will not be finishing

the werthers vodka. Its still in freezer :)

What is your vodka doing in the freezer?

DJ do you know nothing, thats where you keep it, its speciai stuff, as i learnt. Me and janie might hit the town again,

you never know LOL
The offer to join us is open to everyone :)

Last edited:
We are going to the cinema and then a bottle of champers back home. Both sons are celebrating with mates - older one went home on Thursday, younger one off tomorrow lunchtime. My sister will phone from Hamburg at the time they get New Year.

It is true I know nothing doh! But I do know that alcohol doesn't freeze so why put it there unless you're hiding it? Let me know if we're out on the town and I'll wash my hair and meet you lol

Hubby will be cooking something scrumptious then we will watch a film that we had for xmas. We won't mark NY - it's just another night and NYD is just another day to us! We haven't been out since we've been together, and I was never a fan of it previously. So much hope, anticipation and disappointment over one night, lol!

Babs - what will be your tipple of choice tomorrow then? I haven't had a drop of drink all xmas. It's great! Think I will lay off it all-together. For those thinking I have a problem, it's quite the opposite!! I really don't like alcohol that much and hardly drink. But I haven't missed it at all, and have no desire for it either.

We are going to the cinema and then a bottle of champers back home. Both sons are celebrating with mates - older one went home on Thursday, younger one off tomorrow lunchtime. My sister will phone from Hamburg at the time they get New Year.

That sounds lovely FP - what are you going to see?

The 2D version of 'The Hobbit' - have heard mixed reviews and it is a book I loved as a child. My Aunt gave it to me as a Christmas present when I was 9. Then she started buying the ' Lord of the Rings ' Trilogy for birthday and Christmas. Problem was my birthday is in August and my Dad had started reading them too and he couldn't wait for the 3rd one for my birthday and had to borrow it from the library!

I usually do night duty on New Year , so this is probably first year of in ages, but i don't like new year either, and my

tipple is vodka and white, but i think after tomorrow i'm going to give it up until my birthday (you have to drink on your

birthday) especially this one. Funny but i never started drinking til i was in my forties, and it was socially going out etc.

Now it relaxes me, but i'm getting the old pilates set up again, and of the drink. Thats if OH can put it up, seeing as he's

having trouble putting hopey's play thing up, and he's a blooming builder. Apparently my son put the screws in the bottom

part and there's no other screws to fit the blooming thing, if you believe that he he he

I have a rule SparklyBarbs - no alcohol Monday - Thursday night inclusive and only one on a Sunday. Its a bit like not going out on a school night - old habits and all that! That being said I only have one or two on a Friday/Saturday so I don't drink a lot at any time.

I signed up with the WW App Boxing day because I really need to lose a bit of weight in the New Year and alcohol doesn't help the cause (unfortunately neither does chocolate) so its going to have to stop. Diet starts Monday 7th January when I go back to work lol...

Snarly's on Ownsome. New CH PJs. RealLiveWire, me!
Now snarly i hope they're not the same ones you had on on christmas day, i mean to say, janie and i don;t want to see them again, or Capirossi in her blankeeeeee

Snarly, which ones did you get? I ordered the red flannel ones with the white snowflakes but I was so disappointed they had to go back - first CH return. Rise was too short and the fabric was like cardboard! Lucky I had a back up pair from the 'last clicks'.

Latest posts

Back