So so bored

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
No idea if it's just new year but am sick and bored of everything on QVC . Their outlets carry the same non selling trash and the other stuff is the same .Same old diet chef and some excercise machine that starts beginning of the year and the fizzles down and not to forget the trashy clothes like Join clothes or Yong Kim ( sorry for those who like them ) but nothing interesting in them .Gosh I must be in one of those moods .sorry for the rant .

I agree. I think we should become TV pirates, storm the studios, lock everybody in, raid the trolleys, sort out the cr*p selly telly presenters, and run the show ourselves. One of us could show AY how to do her makeup, another of us could dress the models, someone could man the producer`s mike and shout " stop blinking, shouting, hand waving, finger pointing etc " through it and best of all we could examine the goods beforehand and refuse to put the rubbish ones on air. It might be a short show but at least it would be a good one !

I confess to total boredom with shopping channels overall since before Christmas. In Q's defence (unusual for me!), I think they are not the only channel who need a kick up the rear. Seems to be concentration on mainly the same few gemstones on jewellery channels (and I'm bored with tanzanite and its' supposed rarity), no exciting new designs coming through, even more tat on TJC interspersed with the occasional decent bit of jewellery, and ruddy diet, fitness and exercise bikes on IW and Q, plus overpriced "fashion". Vienna's takeover bid is a good idea - how could we possibly do any worse? I think we'd jazz things up.

Last edited:
there are other channels to watch and other places to shop. qvc is boring but qvc should never be our life (not totally anyway)

And I'm darn sure we could get the colour choice descriptions right, too, unlike some of the current presenters. I know my Grotty Green from my Lousy Lime all day long...
I agree. I think we should become TV pirates, storm the studios, lock everybody in, raid the trolleys, sort out the cr*p selly telly presenters, and run the show ourselves. One of us could show AY how to do her makeup, another of us could dress the models, someone could man the producer`s mike and shout " stop blinking, shouting, hand waving, finger pointing etc " through it and best of all we could examine the goods beforehand and refuse to put the rubbish ones on air. It might be a short show but at least it would be a good one !

there are other channels to watch and other places to shop. qvc is boring but qvc should never be our life (not totally anyway)

I agree, QVC is a shopping channel not an entertainment channel or a way of life, I watch Ideal World because it's not snobby, or pretentious or trying to be something it isn't, plus if it's something you want to buy you get a whole hours presentation to watch it and decide.

No idea if it's just new year but am sick and bored of everything on QVC . Their outlets carry the same non selling trash and the other stuff is the same .Same old diet chef and some excercise machine that starts beginning of the year and the fizzles down and not to forget the trashy clothes like Join clothes or Yong Kim ( sorry for those who like them ) but nothing interesting in them .Gosh I must be in one of those moods .sorry for the rant .

Sounds like you've hit a wall, it happens to all us all. If you've been with QVC from day one or for a long time, you get to a point that even though they throw several items an hour at you, you get to a point when it all becomes repetitive and a bit of a joke, well if you can call them ripping you off a joke that is. When I hit my wall I closed my account and never looked back, I shop at IW, Amazon and the rest of the net when I want something, I've saved lots of money and only watch QVC now while channel hopping for a laugh. :mysmilie_14:

For some reason I get AY's Beauty email thing? So today I thought lets click and read, strobeing(sp), is her new buzz word. Which in fact is actually just a new name for bog standard highlighting :dull::dull::yawn::yawn: So you can expect to have this rammed down our throats on QVC and AY have her usual landing stripes glowing on her face.

Sounds like you've hit a wall, it happens to all us all. If you've been with QVC from day one or for a long time, you get to a point that even though they throw several items an hour at you, you get to a point when it all becomes repetitive and a bit of a joke, well if you can call them ripping you off a joke that is. When I hit my wall I closed my account and never looked back, I shop at IW, Amazon and the rest of the net when I want something, I've saved lots of money and only watch QVC now while channel hopping for a laugh. :mysmilie_14:

Yes I think I have .Nowadays when I want something I look for better deals .Dont try to get taken up with their sales patter and true ,there are more than enough channels fir entertainment .I try watching other stuff now and hardly QVC is in the background .can say I have hit the wall with boredom with QVC .

It's been a dreadfully dull January on QVC so far, particularly the TSVs, but then it is the time of the year that people spend less and often cut back, so I imagine they'd struggle to get vendors as keen to do shows to sell in January than later in the year.

Look - I am their ideal customer:

I live in the sticks so dont have much access to good (make that any) shops other than Tesco
I currently have a decent disposable income and dont have anyone to answer to
I am in their age group
I could shop for England if it was an Oplymic event I would get gold
Amazon etc are ok but you need to know a specific brand - just picking a handbag from a bad photo isnt for me

AND I CANT FIND ANY BLEEDING THING TO BUY

I totally agree.......it would be great to find out if their sales are down. For almost three months I've not really watched and only bought the Elemis TSV to split for Christmas gifts. I have put aside the money I would have spent and have over £500. The only weakness I've had is I bought a set from all boxed up. I only heard about ABU on this page and loved it.

Come on Q give us something new and of Quality in fashion especially.

I totally agree too. I used to go through the listings and pick out shows to record that will interest me later. Recently though, I find it hard to record anything worth the time. When I do record shows, I tend to find that the second and third are essentially just repeats of the first, so I end up deleting a lot unwatched. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get to that dreaded high street and I'm not 'net savvy (my son deals with that for me) so I rely on selly telly to some extent, but, as LATI says above, there is nothing to buy at all! Too much of the same stuff on a carousel - Bose, Dyson, gardening, the same three beauty brands, bedding... on and on it goes.

I prefer to watch IW. It's more fun, there are fewer egos shouting at you and models are allowed to join in and have fun, which makes for better viewing. Better offers and deals all over the place make it more attractive for those on a lower budget. I wouldn't dream of paying for most of what QVC sell now, which is a shame, as I have been there as a customer since day 1. The whole company needs to be turned upside down and shaken up. It used to be good, so there is no reason why it couldn't be again.

Good point, I think it's probably also something to do with this time of the year when we all feel a bit 'flat' post-Christmas and New Year, and with the long, dark evenings. I'm doing a couple of online courses, so I'm concentrating on them as my New Year's resolution, in preference to flicking on the Box so much and watching selly telly. Although this does mean I'm suffering acute 'Poward' withdrawal symptoms, but no pain, no gain..:mysmilie_19:.

Good point, I think it's probably also something to do with this time of the year when we all feel a bit 'flat' post-Christmas and New Year, and with the long, dark evenings. I'm doing a couple of online courses, so I'm concentrating on them as my New Year's resolution, in preference to flicking on the Box so much and watching selly telly. Although this does mean I'm suffering acute 'Poward' withdrawal symptoms, but no pain, no gain..:mysmilie_19:.

Ah that true H, it must be attempted gradually :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back