Snow gripper thingys

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Wonder why Q is not plugging them this year! is there a problem with them, does anyone know? I have a pair but only worn them once.

I have never had a problem with mine (both the old Yaktraks and the updated ones with the straps over the tops. I've had plenty of problems without them! Perhaps they have reached a saturation point and there are only so many people who will buy them? Last year I did notice that several high street shops near me had begun to stock similar items, perhaps that's it?

Hi I've got several pairs from various places . Got 1st ones from qvc , but even the £1 shop sell them now. I wouldn't be without them in snow and ice . They really do work . The ones that fasten over the top of your shoe are better though , as they can come off when your walking in snow . I've had them come off a few times .

Yes, that's probably why. The-get-a-grip ones are my best purchase ever from Q, they were not so easy to find back then, now they are everywhere.

Hi I've got several pairs from various places . Got 1st ones from qvc , but even the £1 shop sell them now. I wouldn't be without them in snow and ice . They really do work . The ones that fasten over the top of your shoe are better though , as they can come off when your walking in snow . I've had them come off a few times .

Mine have never, so far, fallen off, but I do prefer the newer ones, since they are easier to fit on and so much easier on my dodgy thumb tendons!

Seen both WinterTrax and the get-a-grip ones on Q lately with the usual waking on a block of ice demo. I hadn't seen the get-a-grip ones on QVC before the showing last week. It does bug me a bit though as they always used to say how WinterTrax's coils were better than ones with spikes, then stand there gushing about the get-a-grips which use spikes!

I bought some Wintertrax a couple of years back and they've been invaluable. I'm pretty clumsy and accident prone generally and as soon as it was the least bit slippery outside I was always skidding and clattering to the ground every other minute. I dreaded the tiniest bit of snow or ice because I didn't know if I'd be able to go outside without breaking my neck. It's been such a relief having the Wintertrax, totally liberating to be able to go outside and walk at a normal pace, not shuffle along at a snail's pace taking hours to get anywhere for fear of hurting myself. I love them, one of the best inventions ever.

I have the ones with the spikes bought over two years ago, they don't make the WinterTrack ones in size 3.

Fantastic things, when we had the big freeze here in Northern Ireland I lived with them on my feet. I wore them in shops going up moving stairs in shops no problem. Had to take them off of course in houses as the can damage wooden floors.

I have got some with the spikes on the bottom and I would not be without them. They are invaluable in both snow and ice and they have given me real confidence to go outside when its slippery. They even work on black ice and when you get that awful freezing rain. People were sliding about in awful conditions last year and I was walking without fear. The only thing I would say is that you have to be careful when you go into shops with tiled floors as they can be slippery in there. I would recommend them to anyone.

I have a number of these and like the other posters would never be without them. They can be a bit of a pain to tug on, if your feet are less than small!!!, but are a terrific confidence boost. I also saw an article in the paper a couple of years back about these and similar items to help you in the snow, and they raved about the Nordic pole. I found them in Mountain Warehouse where they were on a two for one offer so am now seriously well stocked (at least for someone who barely goes out in bad weather, tee hee).

I wouldn't be without mine either. They're great on snow and ice, but I find them slippery on slush.

A few years ago it was snowing here in London and the pavements iced over for a couple of weeks. I thought I would be clever and set out to go to Morrisons wearing football boots. No sooner did I get outside I went promptly skating into the gutter, badly bruising my hip. I think those grip things are a great idea. Better to pay £19.99 than get a bone fracture! I don't know where I put mine. I might try and buy some more, or I might just put elastic bands on my shoes. That seemed to help.

There is a company that sells all manner of gadgets and things, called Coopers of Stortford. I'm sure they will have them. I love those funny little gadget catalogues that sell very QVC-esque products! Here's their website.

www.coopersofstortford.co.uk

I went out in golf shoes which had spikes on them and they worked okay except that I wasn't very popular clattering about in the shops ruining their floors. I have rubber things with spikes now and I take them off when I get to the high street because it is usually well gritted.

I bought a pair of the spiked ones from Q many years ago and they have been fab. Treated myself to some new ones from Amazon last year and again would never be without them now.

Latest posts

Back