Snarly wants ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
I want to treat myself to a pashmina. Are Qs offerings any good? I appreciate the expertise of y'all in-the-know! Somehow, I think I won't stop at one, but it MustBeGottaBe purple! for the first one. Thanks in advance! x Snarly

I am rarely without a pashmina from about now through til March. I've had cheap ones, mid price ones and expensive ones. I've bought them here in the UK and abroad.

My preference is for silk and pashmina. And my preference is for the higher end of the price bracket. In pashmina terms I believe you get what you pay for. The QVC offerings are beautiful and they are a really fine weave. I honestly prefer something a little more heavyweight.

But it depends on how you want to wear it. For every day wear the I think something a little weightier is better.

I have four main pashminas in key colours ... black, caramel, grey and pink. Then I have others that are lesser quality but still good. Some patterned some plain.

My choice would be a similar quality and price to QVC but at £79 from Tie Rack but at least if you buy from QVC you can try it and see if you like it and get the wear out of it.

I've had my caramel one for five years and wear it once or twice a week in cooler weather. Cost per wear is about 40p and reducing.

I've bought from the site Donna recommends and the quality is very good for the price but they're smaller than QVCs offering and feel completely different. Beautifully soft though.

The one I bought is blinding pink. It is lovely but far more eye catching than I'd planned lol.

have a trawl on Amazon Snarly, I bought a beautiful pink one from there last year, think you can send stuff back within 28 days and the reviews are not vetted. Plus there are lots of different suppliers to choose from, happy browsing.

I agree that you do get what you pay for with Pashmina's. My late mother bought me a large pashmina about 12 years ago from Pickets (Bond Street), it is 100% pashmina, cost £130 and is still gorgeous. It has had much wear, has been on every holiday I have had, it does not crease and looks as good as new. I find that some of the cheaper ones do crease when you fold them up in your bag, say. However, I also have a couple from QVC (£79) and I like these too, I think they have a bit of Silk in the mix but they are still good imo and worth the money. I have been given cheaper smaller ones which are thinner and to be honest, I dont wear them because they just look so creased and they dont really have the softness and luxury that a quality one does.

I have one from Q which I bought a few years ago. I only wear it occasionally and keep my cheap one for every day. The one I have from Q is a dark teal colour (but it came on other colours, including purple I recall). It has beaded tassles on each end which are quite heavy and swing from side to side when I move). It came in an oriental style pouch which was beautifully embroidered. I can't remember the make but will check and get back.

I have one from Q which I bought a few years ago. I only wear it occasionally and keep my cheap one for every day. The one I have from Q is a dark teal colour (but it came on other colours, including purple I recall). It has beaded tassles on each end which are quite heavy and swing from side to side when I move). It came in an oriental style pouch which was beautifully embroidered. I can't remember the make but will check and get back.
I have that one also Weathergirl, in black. And i've had it a couple of years, and although it says not to wash, i've washed it in the machine on a gentle wash, and it still looks brill. Would recommend it definately snarly. Barkly x

I think it's the pure & simple one that's in clearance Snarly, going by the description, but it only seems to be available in gold or silver ( which look quite muted and neutral rather than glitzy going from the pics.

Really good point about a pashmina that doesn't crease. That's a real plus point for every day wear. The good ones just don't crease so you can wear them softly knotted, fold them up, bung them in your bag and they still look fab.

I was wearing my grey one today.

I have this one also weathergirl and also the purple one - they look really lovely and the beads add a nice weight so they hang nicely.

I knew you lovelies would answer my SOS! Thanks to each one of you, :mwah: Good to know that MarieCat's GoingShopping with me, too. Again, ThankYouKindly <=^.^=> x Snarly

I knew you lovelies would answer my SOS! Thanks to each one of you, :mwah: Good to know that MarieCat's GoingShopping with me, too. Again, ThankYouKindly <=^.^=> x Snarly

Remember to check country of origin.

Latest posts

Back