Smashbox tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I already had the Halo inlight but didn't use it as it was too light. So thought I was being mad ordered the TSV in medium.
Mixed the light and medium today FAB just right and it is true after a few minutes it kind of does soemthing and makes your skin look amazing.
I use BE and Laura Gellar and think (at the minute) I prefer Halo.
Never thought I'd say that.
Love the blusher 2 but only need small bit on the brush.
Def a keep for me
Mollymoo

Mine came today - I already had the halo in light and medium - use the light in the winter and medium in summer and then mix a bit of each as above in between. I grate a bit of the light and pour into the top of medium case then grate a bit of that - perfect colour. I LOVE the halo and used to use BE but halo is way better and the grater system is soo much easier and not messy.

The other products look good but havent actually put it on yet as I was already 'done' for the day - will have a good play in the morning - can't wait.

The good news is there was not a mascara in this kit as I never like any that come in kits. I am very fussy about them.

I am having the same problem! Got the TSV in light and have been using the Bare Escentuals Medium Tan (as i am trying to hang on to any summer tan)I looked half dead!! I usually use Medium Beige so went for the light as per other peoples advise. I think i like the look and feel but not sure about the colour. I have now ordered the Medium to see if mixing them will be right as i do like the delivery system! Will let you know how I get on!

Got mine today and have to say I love love love the Halo, haven't tried the highlighter yet, love the gloss, love everything in fact and I use my beloved 19 brush for the Halo.

I got my Tsv today and I adore the Halo, at first I thought it looked too pale and powdery but the as some other people have said, something happens to it on my skin and it is just perfect. I soooooooo wish I had ordered two TSV's so if anyone wants to sell a halo in light or medium I am up for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for my TSV to arrive.For some strange reason it was only despatched on the 1st :11:
Just wanted to say that Halo is priced at €65 (£50) in the Smashbox concession shop in Arnott's dept store in Dublin.
It was demonstrated on RTE's Afternoon Show on Thursday & the makeup artiste gave it a huge thumbs up.Likewise,the BE foundation & eye shadows :43:

Marzy Halo will be £45 up Northern, its on intro at the moment for £36 in House of Fraser.

Hi Donna,£36 is a good price,isn't it?
Smashbox isn't in our HOF,only Arnott's,which is a shame as I'm far more likely to be in HOF rather than Arnott's which is north of the city.
BTW The reason our price is £50 is because we're still not getting the corrrect exchange rate against the pound which is disgusting.The UK stores over here aren't showing the Sterling prices on labels anymore,just the Euro price which is a real con.
I was looking at a John Rocha cardi in Debenhams on Friday & the price was €70(£57) but the Sterling price is only £45 :11:
I don't mind paying an extra couple of euros but €12 on one item is way too much.
No wonder the stores aren't busy!!!!

Had a play with mine for the first time this morning and am loving it!! I'm very pale and went for the palest option (can't remember which one it was - fair?!) and it's just perfect!

The eyeshadow is completely different to what I'd normally go for (normally use warmer pinky/browns) but works really well and I'm a massive fan of Smashbox liners so of course I adore that! The blush looks a bit scary in the pot but goes on quite a nice natural peachy colour and the lipgloss is fab! I like the highlighter but need to go easy with it or just end up looking a bit sweaty!

I've not used the primer yet as I'm still using up the ones from the last TSV. Buki brush is cute but a bit small for anything more than a quick touch-up IMO!

I still used my BE (though less than usual) and put the halo on as a finishing podwer - seemed to work well but will experiment a bit more!

Em xXx

Tired mine today - as above I thought that the blush looked a bit scary in the pot but just put a small amount on and loved the colour. The eyeshadows looked very green in the pot but looked good on. Everything else was great except for the buki brush but this would be ok for a touch up. Rather use the big brushes which come with the halo on its own. Overall I think the best smashbox tsv by far - wish I had bought a couple.:5:

Ive never used smashbox before but i love this set, might be a bit pale at first but i think it changes on the skin, it does make you look like you have 'dewy skin' not sure I want that at my age but i like the smooth look i get with the halo.
Love the packaging and the halo delivery system and if you use the other brush it works well as a concealer.

This arrived this morning , lovely presentation box.
It is going straight back!

The Halo is thick and chalky, the colour (light) is just like chalk, made me look like a corpse. the medium looks far too dark for me, and it seems just like bare escentuals, too powdery, and you really have to work it in. seems far easier to use a liquid foundation to me. got the powder all over me and dressing table. it is not for me.

Did it look chalky after 10 minutes or so? I noticed I looked a little Elizabethan when I first put it on but after a few minutes, you couldn't see it - it left a nice healthy glow on my skin (no demarkation or anything). Still not sure on it though but that's more to do with the fact that I don't think it gives me enough coverage (have red rosacea marks from earlier this year that nothing seems to cover / fade!).

haven't tried the rest of the kit yet.

Well.....my flu is getting better and although still alittle crusty I have now tried my TSV.

I have to say that I think I like it,they halo seems to give a nice light coverage which for me is ideal as I hate the heavily made up look,especially during the day.It does seem powdery when it first goes on but does settle to a more dewy look....dunno how it does it but it does!!

The lipgloss is fab and the blusher is lovely and peachy.I have not really worn eyeshadow for years but I like the highlighting sweep that the pale eyeshadow gives so it may encourage me to wear it more often.

I have never used cream eyeliner before so haven't really got the proper knack yet of applying it,but I am giving it a go and hopefully in time will master the art!

All in all I am very pleased with my first QVC purchase and smashbox will be a cosmetic I will look to first in the future.:1:

can anyone tell me how to keep the eye liner from dissappearing.....made up my face using most of the TSX & then by the time i had grabbed my bag etc the last quick look in the mirro & bang,the eyeliner had gone.......loved the highlighter & the duo...will reserve my thoughts on the halo........loved it at 1st but i really dunno about this at all ....any tips ladies please re liner

Iggylover Where do you put it? In the inner rim of the eye or outside???

I use a eyeshadow base then eyeshadow and it stays on me. The cream eyeliner is not for inner rimming just the Jet Set version. On the lower eye I use Laura Mercier brightening powder over my concealer and it hold the cream eyeliner in place too.

thanks donna
i put it on my OUTER eye anythiing ive tried except kanebo in the inner rim washes straight out with me.......grump.....

Well i never.... I've received my first compliment on my skin today. I've used everything under the sun that was reccommended by "our resident beauty expert" and the first time I go to work with the Halo on I get told my skin looked loads clearer. I did get told i looked "spotty" last week though but i think I can overlook that for now:33:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back