Smashbox tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
This arrived this morning , lovely presentation box.
It is going straight back!

The Halo is thick and chalky, the colour (light) is just like chalk, made me look like a corpse. the medium looks far too dark for me, and it seems just like bare escentuals, too powdery, and you really have to work it in. seems far easier to use a liquid foundation to me. got the powder all over me and dressing table. it is not for me.

Halo Heresy

Thank goodness it's not just me then? I was keeping my head well below the parapet but I'm not impressed either; and I so wanted to like it!

The rest of the set is nice enough but most are colours I already own and so I can't justify keeping it on that account either.

The Halo seems neither a powder foundation nor a light finishing powder, but falls somewhere inbetween. I don't doubt that it works perfectly for many but I was soooo disappointed.

I have the same component from models prefer (all different correcting colours) which is simply a finishing powder and it works v well and for some reason isn't nearly as messy as the Halo (and I'm only grating the tiniest amount honest!). I also have the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten which works as a quick foundation and gives a less obvious finish: less powdery, so I'll stick with that.

I thought I'd found the holy grail of foundations (I've been on an insane quest all my life and have tried hundreds) but it just isn't for me.

Jude xx

Mine arrived this morning too,and so far I like it.
I am not a foundation wearer and I found the Halo just gave me a smoothe look rather than obvious colour.
I really like the eyeshadow colour as I have green/blue eyes and it goes on well and looks nice.
So it looks like a keeper for me!

Hi

The first time I used Halo (after reading all the rave reviews on here) I was really disappointed. It looked awful. But 10 minutes later I looked in the mirror again and it had miraculously changed and made my skin look fabulous. I don't know what happens but it changed from chalk into perfect moist skin.

I am now well and truly hooked and after being on waitlist for 2 months have just received 2 more pots. I apply it with the 29 brush so maybe the kabuki in the tsv isn't up to the job (can't comment as my tsv hasn't arrived yet).

While I was on the waitlist I even tried buying halo from ebay and was outbid time and time again so if you want to keep the rest of the tsv you should be able to sell the halo. I've just looked on ebay and a light with the kabuki is currently on £22.59

Mine arrived today too. My biggest problem with it is the highlighter. What do you do with it? Its actually quite glittery and when i put it in the places instructed such as cupids bow, brow bone and inner corners of my eye, it clogs in the hair (and i wax so there cant be that much!!) The halo is also a little chalky on me but i have the BE tinted mineral veil so it was ok under a dusting of that and did leave a nice enough texture on my skin. I never use blusher but i find the colour of this one a bit mad???

I got mine this morning, and I have just had a play with it. I'm not too sure about it. The Halo seems easy to apply (with the bigger smashbox face brush), but I think it makes me feel washed out... Admittedly, I don't feel 100% today, so maybe that's why, though I would expect my makeup to actually correct any complexion problems... The eye makeup is ok, although I can't get a strong enough line with the liner. The highlighter is a bit pointless. Hmmm, I'm just not sure about this. I think I'll continue play with it a bit more next week, but this might be the first beauty TSV that I return...

I received mine today also but as yet I have not tried it,I'm full of a cold and have a sore,scabby nose so I don't think any amount of make up is gonna make a difference!!:52:

I am looking forward to giving it all a try though.......this is my first QVC purchase(where have you been for 15 years you may ask!!).

I understand that there is a 30 day mbg.......can you use the products and then send them back if they don't suit??

Do you get all your money back if the products have been used or can you only send back if not used?

TIA

Hi Tia,

Yes, you can try everything and send it back within the 30 days for a full refund (minus P&P). I hope you'll like it though!:1:

I received mine today also but as yet I have not tried it,I'm full of a cold and have a sore,scabby nose so I don't think any amount of make up is gonna make a difference!!:52:

I am looking forward to giving it all a try though.......this is my first QVC purchase(where have you been for 15 years you may ask!!).

I understand that there is a 30 day mbg.......can you use the products and then send them back if they don't suit??

Do you get all your money back if the products have been used or can you only send back if not used?

TIA

Hi Tia,

You can return anything whether it has been used or not. I've returned things that ive used, and once i sent back something nearly finished and always got a full refund - minus the postage cost.

You just fill put the form, put the return label on the box and pay for postage at post office.

Nicole

Hi Tia,

Yes, you can try everything and send it back within the 30 days for a full refund (minus P&P). I hope you'll like it though!:1:

Wow.....thanks for the speedy response!:1:

That's good to know,ta very much.....I hope I like it too,this is my first smashbox purchase,slapped a bit of the lipgloss on and have to say I liked it very much....it will be my first attempt at putting eyeliner on with a brush so that will be fun too.

Just hope I don't end up looking like this

080501sally.jpg

:D:D

smashbox tsv

Thank goodness it's not just me then? I was keeping my head well below the parapet but I'm not impressed either; and I so wanted to like it!

The rest of the set is nice enough but most are colours I already own and so I can't justify keeping it on that account either.

The Halo seems neither a powder foundation nor a light finishing powder, but falls somewhere inbetween. I don't doubt that it works perfectly for many but I was soooo disappointed.

I have the same component from models prefer (all different correcting colours) which is simply a finishing powder and it works v well and for some reason isn't nearly as messy as the Halo (and I'm only grating the tiniest amount honest!). I also have the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten which works as a quick foundation and gives a less obvious finish: less powdery, so I'll stick with that.

I thought I'd found the holy grail of foundations (I've been on an insane quest all my life and have tried hundreds) but it just isn't for me.

Jude xx
you put it so much better Jude, agree with all you say, have the LB B&B but want something that covers but not cakey. story of my life!

y

I already had the Halo inlight but didn't use it as it was too light. So thought I was being mad ordered the TSV in medium.
Mixed the light and medium today FAB just right and it is true after a few minutes it kind of does soemthing and makes your skin look amazing.
I use BE and Laura Gellar and think (at the minute) I prefer Halo.
Never thought I'd say that.
Love the blusher 2 but only need small bit on the brush.
Def a keep for me
Mollymoo

If anybody wants to return their TSV in light please pm Jabba as I would like another, please bear in mind that I am working all day Sunday and Monday so it will be Tuesday before I get a chance to respond!

ooo mine came yesterday.

there were some bits I knew although probably great products I wouldn't use so selling those but I have tried and so far really love the:

eyeshadow duo - wit woo my perfect combo
highlighter - fab - it is a bit sparkly but i like
Halo - in fair - I know i already love it anyway
kabuki - I'm really impressed with it and find it easy to use and its sooo cute
blush - perfect shade for me - peachy gold I'd say
haven't tried the gloss yet

I don't really get that excited about make-up (skincare is my thing) I just like things that are easy to use and perform and I'm really very pleased with the items I've decided to keep.

The Highlighter does have some glitter effect which catches the light. Use a tiny swipe of the brush on tip of nose and the inner eye. Thats all I used, the top of my cheekbones I used the new Prescriptives quad highlighter as usual.

Halo hmmm. I adore and swear by T.LeClerc Banane powder, no talc but rice. oh. So Halo was a bit different from my usual, the LeClerc always gives me a lovely warm glow. So I put on my Sisley foundation in Poraclein(sp) and I looked really pale then the Halo in Fair and I looked really pale. Bit of a I'm not sure about this one. I don't think the kabuki brush is worth diddly to be honest, if anyone has a proper powder brush or even one of the Ulimate ones Jayne's sells far better. Only turn the dial from 12 to 1 that is all you need. After a short space it seemed to blend into my foundation and give a very soft natural look. I use the Beauty Blender to apply makeup so very smooth sheer finish. Did my usual brows,eyes and lips etc. And the finished look was perfect, I even touched my face and was surprised to feel a soft moist effect nothing powdery.

Mine came yesterday and I love it. I want the kabuki brush in full size. Where is the cheapest I can get this? TIA xx

I love my tsv, I'm wearing all of the products today. I'm slightly disappointed with the kabuki, I think it's a bit cheap and I much prefer to apply my halo with the #29 brush, but I used it to apply the blush and it was fine for that. I really love the blush actually, I thought it looked a bit scary and not my colour at all but it is quite sheer and blends with the other colours really well. I think this may be my fav SB TSV so far!

Latest posts

Back