Slanket TSV??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can anyone tell me if these Slanketty things are fire retardent?

My elderly mum would love one, I'm sure, but she's not always rock-steady on her feet and I'd worry about her catching a fold of fabric on the stove if she tried to make tea wearing it.

I'd also worry about her tripping over the length of the thing ... oh dear.
Maybe not such a good idea, then?

My elderly mum would love one, I'm sure, but she's not always rock-steady on her feet and I'd worry about her catching a fold of fabric on the stove if she tried to make tea wearing it.

As long as she's not a smoker I would have thought she'd be fine.

Polyester and Fags, not a good mix.

I've got an original one and I wouldn't recommend it for an elderly person, they're very easy to trip up in.

I've got an original one and I wouldn't recommend it for an elderly person, they're very easy to trip up in.[/QUOTE]

Especially with this new design which has pockets for hands AND feet. Not good if you're having a power nap and the phone or door bell rings :mysmilie_847:

They're not fire retardant sublime and are not meant for walking around in. I've also got the original one and have tripped over it many a time when getting up to answer the phone and forgetting how long it is. Most definitely not for the elderly!

Yup, I bought one of those adult babygros from Primark, much to OH's disgust, he says it looks ridiculous and laughs heartily when he sees me in it....but it's the most warm and cosy experience I can tell you! Absolutely no need for a blanket when you're laying on the sofa watching tv wearing on of those!

A few years ago I decided to order a Slanket for OH as he loves to watch tv on the sofa with a snuggly blanket, so I thought this would be ideal. Tbh, it was a pain in the rear, too bulky and flappy, and yes he did trip over it a few times,not only that it was a pain to store, cause it's so long and has arms and a hood, it couldn't be folded away very neatly, and too long to hang up on the back of the door like a dressing gown.

Sorry to take this off topic but I have discovered a wonderful shopping channel product, and that's the Quishion. When not in use it's a really sturdy and firm cushion, but unzip it, and you've got a decent sized quilt to snuggle under..ok a pretty thin quilt, but warm enough to keep those winter chills out. I've actually slept under one for an entire night when I've had to sleep on the put-u-up..(OH snoring) and it was fine. They fold back up quickly and easily. For your money £29.99 you get two of them and they come in a fine array of colours. I am well impressed. Definitely one of my better purchases from the world of shopping telly!

bought five as they make lovely christmas pressies. like the look of the leopard and hot pink so saved a bomb on combined postage costs. also you can return them after christmas but cant see that happening!:clapping:

bought five as they make lovely christmas pressies. like the look of the leopard and hot pink so saved a bomb on combined postage costs. also you can return them after christmas but cant see that happening!:clapping:

Is it not only cheaper combined P&P if you buy more than one of exactly the same product, colour and everything?
I quite fancied getting two of these but would want 2 different colours so Im a bit reluctant to pay the P&P.:wonder:

I agree about storage - there is a very generous amount of fabric and the arms do mean it is bulky to store I agree. I only live in a small flat and it takes up a disproportionate amount of my storage for one item. I have been tempted to trash it in the sumer as I have limited space but kept remembering it is warm. I will see how useful it is this year to warrant keeping. The colours are lovely though and this does look a more up market version of the original though.

The travel slanket is quite a bit shorter and less bulky than the original if your mum has her heart set on one of these :heart:

I like the idea but being only 5ft with lousy coordination I can forsee many Buster Keaton moments in a slanket especially the TSV one with added foot pocket. Plus shouldn't a wearable blanket be called a wanket? Probably not then...:tongue:

I just ordered one in leopard print.... from amazon, where it's under 22£ with free shipping. Granted, not a big price difference, but it might be with me sooner and I am COLD so this is vital.

Went for a Leopard and a Purple last night. Can't wait for them to arrive :) Love the original slankets and I love the sound of the new softer material.

I bought 6,one for me off partner for Christmas, one for partner, one for son, one for sister and one each for partner's parents

I bought 6,one for me off partner for Christmas, one for partner, one for son, one for sister and one each for partner's parents

And what a happy cosy comfy bunch you will look around the Christmas telly. You should send a pic. to Q for next years calendar for Dec. entry. Give tips on how to avoid putting your feet in someone elses and how you will take turns to have the remote because you are just too cosy to reveal your hand. In fact we should all submit pics of our fav. Q purchase demonstrated to perfection and give a brief outline of our everyday lives. Now that is a calendar I would buy (this post has ended up on the wrong thread oooops!)

i did have a little chuckle when I ordered them, I wonder how sad the poor telephone operator thought I was!!!!

I wouldn't recommend it for your mum either - I've got a snuggie which is shorter and I've tripped over it and I'm quite tall. As mam said, they're not meant for walking around in; problem is I forget this!

I've decided to go for the TSV for myself though - it looks lovely and thick and I hope it will keep my feet warm; I get terrible chilblains in the winter!

Latest posts

Back