Slanket can you help please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did someone once post a way of neatly folding up a slanket when not in use. Mr Akimbo consigned out old one to the charity shop as he couldn't cope with the messy heap DD and I left it in (we did't do it on purpose honest). The sleeves never seem to fold flat enough. Anyone got any ideas?

yep ive got kids size legs!! basically like a large/xl boys trousers i have to buy

Ah okay... so the problem is that it's too long then. Hrm does it really matter though? I mean, it's not something you walk around in, but you use it while sitting on the sofa etc so the length shouldn't really matter too much. I mean, I'm tall and if I was laying on a bed, sure I would like the length, but I quite often sit on the sofa with my legs pulled up on the seat...ie the slanket just gets bunched up on my legs in "layers" (IYKWIM) and that doesn't matter one bit. Personally I would not think that being "shorter" would be a problem for a Slanket. Go for it! :)

Did someone once post a way of neatly folding up a slanket when not in use. Mr Akimbo consigned out old one to the charity shop as he couldn't cope with the messy heap DD and I left it in (we did't do it on purpose honest). The sleeves never seem to fold flat enough. Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure what post you might be referring to, but I can try and describe how I do it... My own invented way (so easy to show, so hard to write in words!! :)

Okay hold one of the long sides and fold it in half with the sleeves on the outside. Now fold it in half again (this time getting the sleeves on the inside). Now the sleeves are virtually hidden (just a tiny bit hang under). Now you should have a long narrow folded blanket. With me? Then take this long piece and fold in half and then it half again. (Alternatively if you really want to hide the sleeves, and get very neat sides everywhere, you can do this last step by folding in each end a quarter towards the middle and then fold it in half, hiding these folds).

Hope you could follow it.. :)

Just googled it and the slanket company have a PDF guide to download.
I can't copy the link but it is
www.theslanket.com/blanketfoldingguide.pdf
I just googled 'how to fold a slanket' and it was the first option

Thank you Anso & ILS, I could be talking myself into buying the Ocean! The post was on a thread years ago Anso and the method was probably along the lines of your description (v easy to follow, thank you).

If you do buy it - observe the way it is folded in the packaging when you open it and you should be able To refold it in the same way

Just an update - the Slanket was shown on the Christmas Gift Ideas hour with new colours/designs. Item Number 802140 £19.96 + £4.95 p&p or with 2 easy pays.

I got Mr RD to put a hook on the back of my living room door,so when not in use,I can just hang up and forget about it!!! I agree its cumbersome and untidy just to leave around.....or maybe I'm just too houseproud!

B & M and home bargains sells lovely boxes which are ideal to store slankets in . They come flat and are cube shaped look lovely. Also can be used as foot stools only about £4.99. Assorted colours mine is chocolate with leopard print lid , great buy .

I fancied the ocean and the leopard but it is to be shared with OH so got the red plaid. Also figured the red plaid wouldn't show any Tea stains

I fancied the ocean and the leopard but it is to be shared with OH so got the red plaid. Also figured the red plaid wouldn't show any Tea stains

the plaid is really nice and very unisex. the pink spot has already sold out so has the aubergine. the brown looked lovely if you have a neutral front room. the ocean is very pretty blue

I succumbed to the leopard version yesterday evening - quite glad as we dipped just below freezing this morning, brrh!

Latest posts

Back