Skincare - what to try next?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm really lazy when it comes to skincare but I do use elemis cleanser and toner and PCMC I like the texture of the pro collagen and find it suits my skin. I got the Gataneau TSV so have been trying that its OK but I am still not sure about it. I dont have puffiness round the eyes but I do tend to have dark circles, I use Benefit erase paste as a concealer that hides even my darkest circles I have been using Andrew Weil for Origins mega mushroom serum round my eyes and have to say I do think that is lightened my black eyes much better than any other eye product I have tried.
I am "the wrong side " of 45 and my skin is not too bad not too many wrinkles my sister is a beautician using Dermalogica and she says my skin is good so I think I am just lucky--its certainly not down to care its only the last couple of years I have done anything for my skin

I am "the wrong side " of 45 and my skin is not too bad not too many wrinkles my sister is a beautician using Dermalogica and she says my skin is good so I think I am just lucky--its certainly not down to care its only the last couple of years I have done anything for my skin

*whispers* Yes, me too!
I think that's often the case for those of us blessed with naturally good skin, we leave it until one day you look in the mirror maybe & think 'Hhmm, maybe I should be doing something.....!'
(I've even spent years washing my face with soap & water, shock, horror!) :54:

OK, eyes aren't quite that bad but still ugly as far as I'm concerned & they make me look & feel so much older!

We are far too critical about ourselves and tend to focus on our worst features when in reality other people look at the whole and often notice it far less than we think. There probably busy focusing at say your lovely lip colour or earrings :)

delh - I too have really black circles under my eyes, compounded by the problem that they are sunken into my sockets, so the shadows make them look worse. To date, I have never found a concealer that works - even Amazing cosmetics does not work. My eyes are large and I think quite nice, but the under eye problem is terrible - it makes me look very, very tired and ill. I would love to have puffy under eye problems!!

#23 I've had 4 kids, not a single stitch required, not a single stretch mark, anywhere! The skin on my arms etc. is that of a 20 year old! I have very few wrinkles! I don't have any orange peel patches on my butt!
Am I grateful for any of it? No, I just look in the mirror & gawp miserably at the horrible bags under my eyes & think I look like an ugly old bag! lol

#23 I've had 4 kids, not a single stitch required, not a single stretch mark, anywhere! The skin on my arms etc. is that of a 20 year old! I have very few wrinkles! I don't have any orange peel patches on my butt!
Am I grateful for any of it? No, I just look in the mirror & gawp miserably at the horrible bags under my eyes & think I look like an ugly old bag! lol

lol!!! don't we all, I'm slim size 8, spose im pretty though its hard to say yourself :8:, long dark hair but yet stil obsess with dark circles. I could look like kate moss n still find something!!

I to am on the dark side of 45 (just). My birthdays in May.
My skin is oily, prone to stress breakouts, pale olive with a few freckles thrown
in for good measure. Skin is in pretty good nick otherwise. Hardly even a
line around the eye area!
The best way to care for your skin is through a basic skin care regime, healthy diet, enough sleep, managing stress, regular having a good laugh with your mates and at least three sessions of aerobic exercise a week. That'll put the glow back in your cheeks!
All easier said than done!

If you have been handed crap genes from your relations then admittedly you
are on an uphill struggle but maybe you can minimise the ravages of time.

I will be forever grateful to Donna for recommending the Mir range. It is not just for sensitive skin, it is for anyone who fancies a very pure product. My poor damaged skin now looks quite well so I feel I have to mention it. :64:

The best way to care for your skin is through a basic skin care regime, healthy diet, enough sleep, managing stress, regular having a good laugh with your mates and at least three sessions of aerobic exercise a week. That'll put the glow back in your cheeks!

Not following the above is what took the glow out of my cheeks (quite suddenly & dramatically!) over the last couple of years, so maybe not too late to get it back then? Thank you for your sensible words! :1:

Vampyre - never heard of Mir, love the sound of it! I always do feel slightly hesitant when I look at the list of some products ingredients, so maybe if I gave something like that a go & felt happier using it, it would be more effective just because? lol

Mir reject over 200 common ingredients and produce a water based range of lovely gentle but really effective products. I saw some daft bint on MUA complaining that the range is boring. Personally I have never expected my skincare to entertain me but for straight forward effectiveness Mir has been a runaway winner. :64:

Vampyre, could you tell me how long the full sizes last? Just trying to work out economy. Love the look of the stuff and have ordered the trial pack. Many thanks for the info on this brand!

The cleansers should last ages, a little goes a long way, very little has gone from the 200ml bottles. I use huge amounts of the toner and the oil. In the past 4 weeks I have taken about 1.5 cm out of the toner bottle, barely any really (and I really lash it on as well as using it and the oil as eye makeup remover and makeup remover prior to cleansing) The oil has gone to about half the bottle but I add it to every step, use it on its own and on eczema patches on my legs. The moisturiser lotion I use during the day and has barely any gone and the skin silk I use on the eyes during the day and on my whole face at night. I am very generous with this and would say perhaps between a quarter and a third of the bottle is gone. Hope that is helpful:64:

Just wanted to say thanks, having a look at the website Giselle's guide is fascinating! I'll have to get rid of all my muslin cloths!

Just wanted to say thanks, having a look at the website Giselle's guide is fascinating! I'll have to get rid of all my muslin cloths!

Concordia, Gisele is trying out and I am positively evangelical about bamboo face cloths. They're just incredible, so so so soft, very absorbent, just the lightest pat to the skin and it's dry. Also naturally antibacterial. :64:

Latest posts

Back