Skechers TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
I wondered if these would be any good for Zumba so wrote to the Skechers website.

I got this reply:

“These shoes are specifically designed for walking. For exercises such as Zumba, I would advise choosing something from the 'Shape-Ups - Training' range. Please view our 'Fitness Info' tab on our website for more information and to view our 'Training' range.” http://www.uk.skechers.com/en/

Hope this may be of help to anyone interested in buying these.

I wondered if these would be any good for Zumba so wrote to the Skechers website.

I got this reply:

“These shoes are specifically designed for walking. For exercises such as Zumba, I would advise choosing something from the 'Shape-Ups - Training' range. Please view our 'Fitness Info' tab on our website for more information and to view our 'Training' range.” http://www.uk.skechers.com/en/

Hope this may be of help to anyone interested in buying these.

I dare you to call QVC and ask the same question live on air - see if you get the same response from guest/presenter. :hi:

They are certainly not the most attractive shoe but they are so comfortable and they do improve your posture that I can forgive them. I bought my first pair a couple of years ago when they came out and now am on my second pair of trainers and I have a pair of mules as well. I wouldn't do rumba or any other exercise in them because of the shape of the sole but wearing them has done wonders for my knees and ankles as well as my back, I am not convinced that they actually do shape your legs and bum as advertised but they make you walk correctly and improve your posture so you don't get back ache. I love my shape ups despite the fact that they are on the ugly side.

Watching the repeat in the early hours guest said the TSV are not for rough terrain, just to let you know if you missed it.

ERIC'S MUM: For some reason, I couldn't reply to your post.

I would be interested to hear what the guest said about the trainers, but not willing to embarrass myself on live TV!

Do you think they'd show my text?

She did say they are for walking or light jogging so that's why I wasn't sure if they'd be suitable for Zumba.

I have a pair of the shoes which I got for 50 odd in Costco. Because they rock forward when you walk and are quite high, they wouldn't be good for anything with a lot of sideways motion like zumba. You would end up twisting your ankle. They are just good for forwards motion.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

they (QVC) have been very obvious in omitting any suggestion that these things can tone your legs/arse. There's been no mention of it at all, which is odd given that skechers advertise these shoes as being good for that very purpose. Clearly Q are being super-cautious about claims which cant be proved.

This is fine, and I support the approach. It does put a question mark over the tissue of lies upon which their Beauty department operates though.

I don't feel any toning benefit really. I got mine to help my gait and posture. I have a dodgy ankle and they help me walk straight on it. I also have the Puma version and much prefer them. They are really comfy and not as high and obvious. I feel like a geisha in the skechers.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back