Skechers TSV 16/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi, first time posting, so please forgive if I make a total mess of it.

Just a quick note to anyone interested, these boots have been on QVC US:

Skechers; J'Adore

Item No: A269006

Price: $65+p/p

Reviews appear a bit mixed, most stating they appear to be wide fitting with a lot of heel slippage.

Just bear in mind with shoes; US normal foot width is a UK wide fit.

For what it's worth my 16yr old daughter thinks they look clumpy and a bit "Tesco". Sorry if that offends anyone.

One good thing in the presentation video The presenter mostly shuts up long enough so the demonstrator gets to actually talk about and demonstrate the product.

Is this TSV actually happening tonight? I notice QVC US has a leather boot TSV (not Sketchers) today that comes in different calf widths...can't see UK QVC offering this...can you imagine the hash their web team might make of size/colour/width-fitting combinations? :mysmilie_19:

Is this TSV actually happening tonight? I notice QVC US has a leather boot TSV (not Sketchers) today that comes in different calf widths...can't see UK QVC offering this...can you imagine the hash their web team might make of size/colour/width-fitting combinations? :mysmilie_19:

I rather like these boots. They have medium or wide calf options, and then they have medium or wide foot options within that... we can but dream /sigh/

Skechers BOBS Cherish Wonder Fall Slipper with Memory Foam
Item Number: 151488
QVC Price £34.50
Today's Special Value Price £24.98
P&P £4.95

The BOBS Cherish Wonder-Fall mule slippers from Skechers feature a cable-knit outer with a colour-match faux fur collar and lining, plus memory foam insoles for extra comfort. Keep your feet snuggly and stylish during the colder months, and know that you are helping a child in need somewhere around the world with the Skechers BOBS Cherish slippers.

Making a difference for kids - inspired by the idea of gifting a pair of shoes to a child with every purchase, Skechers created the BOBS collection. For every pair of BOBS shoes that you buy, Skechers will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need; and has already donated more than 14 million pairs of shoes to children in the U.S. and around the world through their Soles for Soles charity.

Cherish the comfort - featuring a brand new sole design for winter 2015, the Wonder-Fall slipper sole is lighter and has a sleeker profile than previously and the footbed features full-length Skechers memory foam insoles.

Neutrals and bolds - with six beautiful colours there is a choice for every slipper lover. Black, Charcoal, Natural and Chocolate are the classic options but BOBS by Skechers have created two bold new colours specially for QVC - Red and Navy - that will not be available at any other stockists.

Full faux lining to the tip of the toe
Slip on
Round toe design
Embroidered BOBS logo on upper
Skechers branding on sole
Thick manmade sole
Heel-pull tab
Outer and inner: textile, sole: manmade
Heel Height: 4cm (1.6")

Colour options:

Black
Charcoal
Natural
Navy - only available at QVC UK
Red - only available at QVC UK
Chocolate

Behind the brand
Skechers offer a range of sporty, lifestyle footwear in a variety of striking colours and styles that appeal to trend-savvy women of all ages. Designed using the latest footwear technology, Skechers are perfect for active women on the go!

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.151488

And they don't come in a 9. Not sure if I should be happy that I've avoided spending money, or irritated that I can rarely buy footwear off QVC!

We have a Sketchers store in Belfast now. I admit I am waiting for the sales before buying anything from them.:mysmilie_50: Did go in for a nose loads of styles children, men and women, they did tell me I am a size 2 in their shoes.

I bought a pair of canvas Bobs from Halfcost for about a fiver a couple of years ago in a 4. They were style similar to Toms (a bit like these http://www.toms.co.uk/women/navy-canvas-womens-classics). Sadly the size 4 slipped off my heels (and daughter's too) so I sold them on ebay for more than I paid. I quite fancy the TSV but tend to live in Birkenstocks all year round in the house because they give me knees and pelvis more stability. Other memory foam footwear I've tried has the opposite effect: feel lovely on my feet but too squishy to give the real support that I need. If I order I'll go for the 3, but I'm undecided so far.

I've only watched the online TSV video:did they mention Sketchers Bobs' charity donation from every pair? Sketchers, following Toms lead I think, make a donation to their charity foundation and donated 3 million of pair of shoes to children who don't have any. They have a way to go to catch up with Toms which have donated 45 million shoes so far but that's not a criticism, copying philanthropic work is fine by me. I was surprised Alison K didn't mention Bobs charity work knowing QVC love to cash in on a charidy angle! Maybe it only applies to the canvas Bobs?

I've only watched the online TSV video:did they mention Sketchers Bobs' charity donation from every pair? Sketchers, following Toms lead I think, make a donation to their charity foundation and donated 3 million of pair of shoes to children who don't have any. They have a way to go to catch up with Toms which have donated 45 million shoes so far but that's not a criticism, copying philanthropic work is fine by me. I was surprised Alison K didn't mention Bobs charity work knowing QVC love to cash in on a charidy angle! Maybe it only applies to the canvas Bobs?

Or maybe it only applies to Bobs not bought on QVC?

I bought a pair of canvas Bobs from Halfcost for about a fiver a couple of years ago in a 4. They were style similar to Toms (a bit like these http://www.toms.co.uk/women/navy-canvas-womens-classics). Sadly the size 4 slipped off my heels (and daughter's too) so I sold them on ebay for more than I paid. I quite fancy the TSV but tend to live in Birkenstocks all year round in the house because they give me knees and pelvis more stability. Other memory foam footwear I've tried has the opposite effect: feel lovely on my feet but too squishy to give the real support that I need. If I order I'll go for the 3, but I'm undecided so far.

Thanks for this never tried memory foam but find I am better in the months when I wear my Birkenstocks. Unfortunately I can't wear the clog style any more.

I bought the last TSV, which was an elasticated Mary Jane style trainer with a memory foam insole. Whilst they were blissfully comfy initially, I found they had no arch support and caused me to develop painful tendonitis.

I bought the last TSV, which was an elasticated Mary Jane style trainer with a memory foam insole. Whilst they were blissfully comfy initially, I found they had no arch support and caused me to develop painful tendonitis.

Glad I have not succumbed.

Halfcost have a pack of two similar looking memory foam slippers today for £3.99 LOL

Only in size 7-8 though.

Free P&P when you spend £10

I bought a pair of sketchers Go Walk a couple of years ago. They made my feet tingle for some strange reason. I reckon my feet did not like the rebound cushioning.

Latest posts

Back