ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Pale lip, dark eye, mop hair, very sixties.... Me likey

image.jpg

Mrs Mop, in her sixties. Me no likey.

image.jpg

Ere, it's very BiBi though innit, guvnor...blindin', stroike a loight Mary Poppins.

But Pipa is looking fab with her hair like that, I must say.

Me likey too...Pipa can carry off almost any hair style I think..well, those I've seen so far have all been okay!

She seems to be one of those lucky buggers who suits any hairstyle and has the bottle to try them out

She seems to be one of those lucky buggers who suits any hairstyle and has the bottle to try them out

I wish I could say the same...I saw some old pics the other day and when I was 18 my hair looked pretty much as it does now - ok, a bit longer and a lot darker, but the style was very familiar! I need volume, I need wdith on the sides, and it seems the only thing I change is whether I take it to the left or the right - it does lie a bit differently but that's about it!

Last edited:
I wish I could say the same...I saw some old pics the other day and when I was 18 my hair looked pretty much as it does now - ok, a bit longer and a lot darker, but the style was very familiar! I need volume, I need with on the sides, and it seems the only thing I change is whether I take it to the left or the right - it does lie a bit differently but that's about it!

I think it takes a lot of guts to go for a radical change, Ive never bought into the reach a certain age and chop all your hair off theory but lots of people I know have gone down that route and it actually aged them.

Today I took the plunge and had 3 inches cut off and now at shoulder length it looks fab (I know blowing my own trumpet but it does).

My DD has forbidden me to go for the chop! She says I wouldn't look like her mum shorter. At 54 I do get gradually longer trims only to be inspected on return! I have warned her when I start looking like a witch it's getting chopped (only to slightly below shoulders though).

i don't think pipa does suit every style any more than anyone else would. the big-eared elvis was dire. she definitely suits a fringe though and the way she has it in that pic is a huge improvement on anything else i've seen.

I have had hundreds of different styles over the years but i dont mess with the colour.

I never worry about changing my hair style because luckily hair grows so even if I hate it it'll soon grow out!

Haven't seen her new look yet but from that picture she reminds me a bit of Julie Driscoll......

.....it seems the only thing I change is whether I take it to the left or the right - it does lie a bit differently but that's about it!

ha ha ha, sorry I thought you were quoting from a scene from the men's department in 'Are You Being Served' - I'm freeeeeee lol
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

I've gone for everything from a pixie crop to hair down to my shoulder blades and back again. Mostly it's about shoulder level as that suits me best.

I've recently grown out my fringe which is a first for me since my early teens. Still not sure if I like it lol

I've gone for everything from a pixie crop to hair down to my shoulder blades and back again. Mostly it's about shoulder level as that suits me best.

I've recently grown out my fringe which is a first for me since my early teens. Still not sure if I like it lol

Ive always wanted to grow my fringe out but that would be a big mistake. Tefal forehead

I've had everything from long to cropped from ink black to platinum.I like a style for so long and then I want a challenge almost to grow in into something new.I've even revisited styles and colours thinking I could do it better 2nd time around!!!I ve changed partings,had fringes/not had them - but sometimes out of all the colours and hairstyles,the partings and the fringes changabout is the hardest,as the hair gets used to growing and being a certain way.I hate fringes and haven't had one for years.My last attempt didn't work out because my hair wouldn't sit and do it,after so many years of not having one.

I think Pipa's hair looks awful at the moment.I hated her bleach blonde hair but when it was a short style in a rich colour,it suited her.Personally I think shes lost her edge now and the thing that made her look cool.I've notyiced her ears and nose more than I have ever done before.

ha ha ha, sorry I thought you were quoting from a scene from the men's department in 'Are You Being Served' - I'm freeeeeee lol
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

yer shakes it to the left, yer shakes it to the right..etc..! It's actually quite surprising (to me at least!) how different your hair can look - far easier for me, being right handed, to take it to the right, but then I get big hair and a quite different shape to the "do" - to the left, it's more difficult to dry going the "wrong" way, but I still get enough volume but quite a different overall shape, the better shape I think, to suit my face. Which, to be perfectly honest, would look at it's best with a paper bag over it! :giggle:

Ive always wanted to grow my fringe out but that would be a big mistake. Tefal forehead

a big mistake for me too - I've got a Nick Cotton sort of forehead, quite low, but I need a sort of half fringe to soften my squarish shaped face..

Latest posts

Back