Sit-up or Gems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ha ha I'm enjoying this thread thanks for starting it Lurgey! Seeing as it's usually me who goes off on one - usually about Rocks & Co, it makes a nice change.

My opinion of Gems nowadays? I'll keep it brief (for a change) - One word, starts with an "S" and rhymes with White, Night and Bright!!

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing the new bloke so can't comment.

However, I do agree that the prices have shot up recently and whilst there are some decent bits, they're generally hidden away between some expensive carp. I reckon the competition (and I don't include Rocks & Co when I say that) is tough now for GemsTV. For example the other day they had a gorgeous rainbow multi gem bracelet - set in silver I think - that they were selling for over £500. No chance! Flicked over to TJC and there was a similar bracelet for £149!!!

In terms of the redundancies etc: Some of the presenters are/were freelance, some are employed by GemsTV. It's not unusual to cover an absence or bolster the freelance team during the Christmas period so I don't think there's anything sinister. With freelance presenters you can let them go at any point (you don't make them redundant normally) but you would make employees redundant so I reckon that's where the difference lies.

What is it with Gems and their music? Today, Red Carpet Special 11 00 until 12 00 (29/10) watched about 5 minutes with Scott - I just couldnt concentrate, had to turn over, the music was horrendously annoying!

Oh and earlier Sam was on - and she has turned a tad screechy too! must be a new sales incentive - Screech, scream, say anything do anything, just keep those decibels on high, and flog, flog, flog......the jewellery, that is! lol xx

Three days dry, ears in good working order, annoyance levels down but no richer. Just somebody else is getting my loot. xxx

Sit-up - ie price drop, speedauction and bidup (rip), all have a very pile 'em high and flog 'em fast style while they shout misleading statements loud enough and fast enough to addle our brains, until we've ordered without realising what hit us
2.gif
xxx

Latest posts

Back