Since when is a wrap-around dress a shirt dress?!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Bizarre at QVC never surprises me. But they are currently showing an Onjenu dress described as a shirt dress. It's a mock wrap. Not a button in sight. It seems that the excuse for describing it as a shirt dress is that it has a revere collar (the appear to have got that part of the description right at least!

It's actually quite a nice dress, and for once it actually appears to go below the knee (although as they didn't put up the height of the model, who knows?)...

Shirt dresses are abundant at the moment, some lovely ones around and I wore them when they were popular back in the late 60`s. I actually tried one last week and it was really nice, shirt style with a drawstring type of waist but it was way too short on me. I like the style very much but the ones I`ve seen seem lacking in length. QVC will know the style is fashionable at the moment but just like the donkey`s tail they`re way behind actually getting some and will be telling us they`re fashionable this time next year when they eventually find some stock. They do it now with sharkbite hems, waterfall fronts and hi/lo tops when most other shops are flogging them off in a sale.

Bizarre at QVC never surprises me. But they are currently showing an Onjenu dress described as a shirt dress. It's a mock wrap. Not a button in sight. It seems that the excuse for describing it as a shirt dress is that it has a revere collar (the appear to have got that part of the description right at least!

It's actually quite a nice dress, and for once it actually appears to go below the knee (although as they didn't put up the height of the model, who knows?)...

When it's being flogged by Q, of course!

It's very odd how they get fashion so wrong so often. I'm sure there are some gems in their ranges but I wouldn't risk buying anything because the odds would be against me !

Latest posts

Back