Shut up Alison!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And she can't even get her own make-up looking half decent, so God knows why she'd think her opinion mattered to anyone else.
On the Laura Geller hours earlier this week she looked like a 5 year old who had found their mothers Shimmer Brick for the first time. It looked ridiculous.

For years we got the she was a trainer for Clarins and then Decelor before joining QVC. Now about a year ago suddenly we got the she was trained as a makeup artist!!! I have noticed she drops the I did make overs and the makeup of nameless famous people who came to the salon.

I joined QVC in 1997 and never ever heard her mention this trained makeup artist and doing makeup until as I said suddenly last year. The whiff of Bullsh8t is very very very strong.

For years we got the she was a trainer for Clarins and then Decelor before joining QVC. Now about a year ago suddenly we got the she was trained as a makeup artist!!! I have noticed she drops the I did make overs and the makeup of nameless famous people who came to the salon.

I joined QVC in 1997 and never ever heard her mention this trained makeup artist and doing makeup until as I said suddenly last year. The whiff of Bullsh8t is very very very strong.

Ali did the MJ monster look for the Thriller video. Granted, it wasn't on purpose, but still...

I've heard her say it loads over the years, started watching Q in 2001

I've heard her say it loads over the years, started watching Q in 2001

I am sure when they used to to ESPA and the lady who owned it was on AY said that she started in the beauty business with her. Always assumed she meant ESPA.

She did regularly used to do a stream of consciousness spiel to camera until someone told her to stop it. It went something like: "I'm Alison Young, your resident beauty expert, qualified in all areas... skin care, massage, aromatherapy, make up,....." I think she then went on to claim expertise in neurology and cardiology (but possibly I misheard that bit). Anyway it was presposterous as she stood there looking like she was dressed in a sack, shimmer-bricked within an inch of her life and her troublesome roots on full display.

How can anybody swallow her hype ? It beggars belief when you read women begging her for information when she does her question and answer sessions on Q`s facebook page and those same daft women must realise that the only stuff she can recommend is the stuff she flogs on selly telly which doesn`t necessarily mean its what they really need or should use. She`s a sales woman first and foremost and a self appointed supposed beauty expert second.
She`s been reeling out the same spiel for donkey`s years, has never been retrained or updated her supposed expertise, and yet cosmetics, skincare, methods and advancements have moved on but obviously she hasn`t.
She can trot out whatever bullsh*t she likes but I bet if she was asked to verify her qualifications, she actually couldn`t. Many years ago I sold Oriflame, I spent a week being "trained" how to cleanse, tone, moisturise someone`s face, how to apply a face mask, how to do foundation, eye makeup, lips etc so does that qualify me to say I`m a trained beautician, noooooooo way does it hell as. I was trained to sell, no more, no less and she`s the same IMO. She might have started out years ago working in a salon or someplace but that`s years ago and since then she`s been flogging face creams on TV, no more, no less.

I saw AY earlier today and her hair was a disgrace IMO. Massive dark roots and almost brassy orange in places and that bluddy fringe hanging over her eyes. For a so called beauty expert she looked dreadful. IMO.

Actually Ali is the height of fashion, because dark roots on blonde hair is the latest trend - so much so that trendy folk with naturally blonde hair are having their hairdressers dye their roots dark. Hollywood types and pop star types are all displaying this trend, as are all the fashion-conscious younger women I work with. Personally I think it's ghastly, but since when did young women care what old fogies think?

How can anybody swallow her hype ? It beggars belief when you read women begging her for information when she does her question and answer sessions on Q`s facebook page and those same daft women must realise that the only stuff she can recommend is the stuff she flogs on selly telly which doesn`t necessarily mean its what they really need or should use. She`s a sales woman first and foremost and a self appointed supposed beauty expert second.
She`s been reeling out the same spiel for donkey`s years, has never been retrained or updated her supposed expertise, and yet cosmetics, skincare, methods and advancements have moved on but obviously she hasn`t.
She can trot out whatever bullsh*t she likes but I bet if she was asked to verify her qualifications, she actually couldn`t. Many years ago I sold Oriflame, I spent a week being "trained" how to cleanse, tone, moisturise someone`s face, how to apply a face mask, how to do foundation, eye makeup, lips etc so does that qualify me to say I`m a trained beautician, noooooooo way does it hell as. I was trained to sell, no more, no less and she`s the same IMO. She might have started out years ago working in a salon or someplace but that`s years ago and since then she`s been flogging face creams on TV, no more, no less.

Oriflame - that is a blast from the past. One of my friend's used to do Oriflame parties - I did buy a few items but was more interested in the alcoholic drinks that were supplied by the host!

Actually Ali is the height of fashion, because dark roots on blonde hair is the latest trend - so much so that trendy folk with naturally blonde hair are having their hairdressers dye their roots dark. Hollywood types and pop star types are all displaying this trend, as are all the fashion-conscious younger women I work with. Personally I think it's ghastly, but since when did young women care what old fogies think?

You mean Madonna? Dark roots to prove she does not have any grey:mysmilie_17:

I take it you think I'm an old Fogie well I prefer 'Mature'. And since when did sensible mature people care what the younge generation think about us. I don't do the 'latest trend' I base my appearance on what I feel comfortable in. AY looked bluddy awful whether it's trendy or not.

Perhaps she was an Avon lady.

I take it you think I'm an old Fogie well I prefer 'Mature'. And since when did sensible mature people care what the younge generation think about us. I don't do the 'latest trend' I base my appearance on what I feel comfortable in. AY looked bluddy awful whether it's trendy or not.

I've noticed a lot of people with roots that are a different colour from the rest of their hair and it looks awful to me even if it is trendy. I wouldn't have thought it's the kind of look that your average QVC customer goes for.

You mean Madonna? Dark roots to prove she does not have any grey:mysmilie_17:

Good grief, is Madonna still alive? She probably dyes her grey roots dark! No, when the young women I work with started appearing with dark roots I googled the phenomenon and all the latest film and pop idols came up. I'm 62 and I don't have any grey, but I still wouldn't parade around in public like that.

I was referring to myself as a old fogie, Betty, not you. And I agree with what you say, I was just pointing out that Ali's look is bang up to date, not outdated, however ghastly it may look.

Last edited:
Isn't it about time Q got a new beauty ''expert''? Some one more on an age par as some of the demonstrators, she sometimes looks like their great aunt sat there watching! I'm not saying an older lady can't do the job - think Helen Mirran, Judy Dench, are always beautifully turned out - they're smart and classical. Gobby looks like she's trying to hard to be trendy these days. Same with the ''fashion expert'' who's lost his socks!

Yes to the buzz words. I notice she's using tightlining these days (the word, not the actual, literal technique - she'd have someone's eye out if she tried!).

Now, I'm no beauty expert, but I was shown that technique by a Trish McEvoy artist in 2002. She's only a decade plus behind.

Even OH mutters about her having had a fight with a Shimmerbrick and lost. BB artists must die a thousand deaths being on with her, Talk about a bad ad for the brand.

Latest posts

Back