Shut up about your nylon flannel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I am sick of hearing the flippin Northern Nights women going on about the 60's flannel being nylon and yucky.

My Mum always put me in flannel sheets in the winter and they were PURE COTTON. They were candy stripe and may have been called flannelette in those days but they were definitely cotton.

So shut up about your nylon flannel when really you are talking about the brushed nylon which was a craze for a few years and then died the death. Everyone got their toenails stuck in them and they were horrible.

Why do they have to glorify everything?

Your Northern Nights flannel is ok. It does bobble but it is ok. There is no need to ridicule things from the past but please use the correct terminology.

yes, flannelette was lovely, brushed nylons (remember Brentford Nylons anyone?) sparked when you got into it at night!!!!

yes, flannelette was lovely, brushed nylons (remember Brentford Nylons anyone?) sparked when you got into it at night!!!!

I'm sure my older brothers used to wear bri-nylon undercrackers in the 70's .... I can remember them on the washing line. It could have been a bit dangerous for men during this era .... :giggle:

My brother was given a lilac nylon shirt when he was about 14, having very fine fair hair like I do, he walked around looking like a dandelion clock from the static in his hair.

Jude xx

My brother was given a lilac nylon shirt when he was about 14, having very fine fair hair like I do, he walked around looking like a dandelion clock from the static in his hair.

Jude xx

:mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507:

I am just sick of NN ,feels like they have a TSV every month to me its the equivalent of DIY,just cannot watch.
Lynn.

I can`t even watch NN shows anymore can`t stand how they stroke and caress the pillows and sheets its bedding for goodness sake not the seventh wonder of the world!!
If you have to rely on putting down `historical items` which is done on other shows too as well as the dreaded high street to me it just shows you haven`t got enough product info and faith in what you are selling!!

Craig has just announced Debbie Flint really is a wild thing and has the Northern Nights Wild Thing Animal Print Flannel Set on her bed.

Rather too much information and has not inspired me to purchase today.

:tongue:

Oh me too, the way the guest presenters plump the duvets up and down like a cat slowly with their paws going in and out, makes me quite queasy - it looks bizarre, they do it for too long and I cannot watch anymore!

I sometimes watch when Suzy is on - not interested in the bedding, just mesmerised by her appearance :grin:

I sometimes watch when Suzy is on - not interested in the bedding, just mesmerised by her appearance :grin:

Reallllllly!

Seriously, I recall a morning show when they were outside doing the hoop la thing.
Suzy was stood on the end, with the young backstage girls and boys.
After a bit the camera moved slightly, to get the presenter stood in front in shot.
She then could be seen clearly moving to the other end of the line, so could remain on screen.

She was harping on in the NN lunchtime show and saying that her husband didn't like the flannel sheets, and so when she really needed to be all cosy she went and slept in her daughter's bedroom because she had flannel sheets on her bed (obviously the daughter is away)...and so she could snuggle down and have a lovely night's sleep. Am I bovvered. NO!!!!!!!!!

I too am fed up to the back teeth with Northern ****** Nights bedding. It feels like every other day is a NN TSV. For gawds sake QVC stop being so fecking lazy and please give us something else!!!!

*and breathes out*

Suzy in the 3pm show with Pippa:

"Its like widow wankey's wash house"

If in doubt DON'T SAY IT!

Latest posts

Back