Showtuuuunes!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love showtunes too. Old and new. Mack and Mabel, Les Mis, Phantom, Kiss Me Kate ... love them. Am a big Cole Porter fan.

Recently saw Jersey Boys ... blumming marvellous ... although not strictly showtunes.

Bet we get John Barrowman back on La Q!

i just saw Victoria Wood's "That Day We Sang", not really a show but a play with music, got South Pacific and Sister Act coming up soon. Best ever musical? Les Miserables closely followed by Wicked :O)
Love Chicago too.

I know it's going back a few years ,but I loved Starlight Express.

Awww, I love Starlight Express too, I wish Lord Lloyd Webber (a true genius IMHO!) would bring it back! U.N.C.O.U.P.L.E.D. is just soooooo funny and Next Time You Fall In Love is fabulous and also I love it when the underdog wins!

I think if you made me pick a favourite it would be a toss up between Wicked and Jesus Christ Superstar!

I think it's great that QVC are getting involved in the West End - but if you don't like a show can you get your money back under the 30 day money back guarantee?!! LOL!

i just saw Victoria Wood's "That Day We Sang", not really a show but a play with music, got South Pacific and Sister Act coming up soon. Best ever musical? Les Miserables closely followed by Wicked :O)
Love Chicago too.

Snap - Les Mis is the best ever and Wicked is a close second. Hairspray is also a real feel good musical. In fact I love them all!!!

I know you will not be jealous Burlz but I am going to see Les Mis in 2 weeks again, this time with Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas - I cannot wait it is going to be superb!!!!!

I love showtunes too. Old and new. Mack and Mabel, Les Mis, Phantom, Kiss Me Kate ... love them. Am a big Cole Porter fan.

Recently saw Jersey Boys ... blumming marvellous ... although not strictly showtunes.

Bet we get John Barrowman back on La Q!

Don't you just love John Barrowman on Torchwood -be still my beating heart!

Rodgers & Hammerstein !! Love it. Brought up on their repetoire. I still bawl my eyes out at Carousel & The King & I & have lost count of the number of times I have watched them.

Calamity Jane and Seven brides for Seven brothers! I have a Howard Keel crush! lol

only musical I have seen live is Wicked and it was fabulous! Finally QVC are actually going to give us some good telly!

Only seen Oliver live which I have always loved. Now I feel a need to go see if I can get Wicked and Les Mis on dvd as I have heard nothing but praise for them.

Les Mis is my fave - very jealous Rosey that you're seeing it with Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas. It makes me blub every time! I bought my dad the anniversary DVD for christmas and it was brilliant - highly recommended.

Would like to see Wicked next but have tickets for Shrek.....what can I say? It was cheap!

I am obsessed with Les Mis. Seen it twice with Matt and Alfie, you will not be disappointed (unless Alfie is off sick again but I heard his understudy is phenomenal!!). This current cast is seriously top notch, though individually none would make my top 3 together they're brilliant, if that makes any sense?! Enjoy and do report back.

Love Chicago too.

Hardly dare say this, but I didn't care much for Les Miserables-bit too overacted/overproduced for me.I realise I'm in the minority here, but it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things wouldn't it? Please don't be mean to me!!!:sweat:

I'd hate it if everyone loved it as much as me, I'd never get a ticket for one thing!! I feel much the same about Phantom, most of ALW's output in fact, they just don't do it for me, can't care for the characters at all, but I cried like a baby through the first 10 minutes of the Lion King! And don't start me on Blood Brothers. Even thinking about it makes me well up.

Quite like some film musicals - King & I, Seven Brides and West Side Story are always unmissable.

Don't like theatres very much, saw Sweet Charity in the West End many years ago, wasn't particularly impressed.

One of these days I would love to go to the opera for real, enjoy them when shown on TV, the stories are wonderful.

Love Les Mis, also thought Jersey Boys was fab too. Very un-PC and you don't see it much nowadays but I think the music from Showboat (Rogers and Hammerstein) is great too.

Latest posts

Back