Shows how much I know about crafting!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
One of the items featured was a Belles of the Ball Decoupage with Cardstock Toppers & Ribbon - I thought these were grotesque & revolting beyond belief but they're already on waitlist, so shows how much I know, i.e. nothing! lol

Hope the 'crafters' were happy with their TSV this time though! Seemed like quite good value for money? :)

Not really - you can buy most in the shops :doh: And as for the auto delivery - jumping on the bandwagon again - it was a success in the A3 TSV but I'm not falling for that one again :wave2:

Bought the Crafters Companion Popcorn Bears CDs/Stamps instead :grin:

Pauline x

One of the items featured was a Belles of the Ball Decoupage with Cardstock Toppers & Ribbon - I thought these were grotesque & revolting beyond belief but they're already on waitlist, so shows how much I know, i.e. nothing! lol

I am a crafter and have to agree with you , I also thought they were awful. Just shows we are all different I suppose.

Belles of the Ball item did not appeal to me at all and are an example of what non crafters think crafters spend their precious time cobbling together. There are very talented crafters (not me) who produce cards and other items that would blow most of what is shown on QVC out of the water. There are fleeting glimpses when Leonie is on air otherwise most of it is stick on and stack it up add a peel off.

Belles of the Ball item did not appeal to me at all and are an example of what non crafters think crafters spend their precious time cobbling together.

I did wonder if that might be the case! lol

There are very talented crafters (not me) who produce cards and other items that would blow most of what is shown on QVC out of the water. There are fleeting glimpses when Leonie is on air otherwise most of it is stick on and stack it up add a peel off.

Yes, even my OH even commented that most of the 'card crafting' on QVC appearing to be more assembling than actually making cards! Must be very disappointing if you're hoping for something a bit more 'advanced' when you tune in to watch?

I don't like the TSV either.I think it is very old-fashioned and dated.
I thought Belles of the Ball reminded me of pantomime dames.

Hope the 'crafters' were happy with their TSV this time though! Seemed like quite good value for money? :)

You're right, they were horrid!:down:

Judith;222478I said:
thought Belles of the Ball reminded me of pantomime dames.

I knew they reminded me of something but couldn't quite think what it was at the time.......! lol
Ugh, gave me the heebie-jeebies tbh, kinda creepy in the way that clowns are creepy! *shudder*

I thought it was the worst craft tsv ever, and all that Kanban stuffis so boring, where's the craft in assembling set pieces. I like my cards to look as if I've put some thought into them. How about some decent CDs where you can make indivdual cards for the person concerned.I love Joanna Sheens CD's. By the way did you hear Dawn Bibby say that the Belle of the Ball with dark skin was Julians mother! She's white with blond hair! oops.

I didn't like it either and, what made it even worse was the fact that it had been my birthday a few days prior and my husband bought me a giant card with one of those ****** bears on it!!!!! When I saw the TSV, I couldn't believe it was the same bear - but it was!! I'm being stalked by a ****** tubby psycho bear!! :/

Well I think it depends how creative you are, as with any decoupage you make it what you will, you can add lots of embellishments and be creative with your backgrounds and just use the decoupage as a centre piece. There are many ways you could use the TSV, with stencils, pricking and embroidery. I think its quite unimaginative to look at a 'kit' and give up on it because you see it as 'assembling'. For begginers thats exactly what it'll be, but if you are an advanced crafter, then what you beefing about? You can do anything with it can't you!!!

I haven't watched every minute of Tues programes, but the ones I have seen seem to have a card kit of some sort every other item,

Well I think it depends how creative you are, as with any decoupage you make it what you will, you can add lots of embellishments and be creative with your backgrounds and just use the decoupage as a centre piece. There are many ways you could use the TSV, with stencils, pricking and embroidery. I think its quite unimaginative to look at a 'kit' and give up on it because you see it as 'assembling'. For begginers thats exactly what it'll be, but if you are an advanced crafter, then what you beefing about? You can do anything with it can't you!!!

Yes, IF you like it in the first place!! I don't like decoupage, and I certainly don't like cute and cuddly! So for me, this kit is a real no no.

To be fair, some recent TSVs have been pure 'assembling', and have left little scope for advanced crafters.

TBH I could not tell the difference between the Bear cards they bought (in Clintons I assume) and those they assembled from the TSV.

Their "angle" was the price saving per card, but surely that would only apply if the kit was fully used to make as many cards as possible and that all the cards were actually used in place of shop-bought cards. I wonder how many QVC crafters actually use enough of their card kits to make them financially viable ?

I guess I'm not making an allowance for the fact that this is a hobby not just a cost cutting exercise, but in that case I would expect to see unusual kits that would create unique cards.

Am I being a miserable so-and-so ? :angel::angel:

Linda

No You are not being a miserable so and so Linda. Or if you are then so am I. I do not want to buy "cutesy" craft kits and there seem to be ever increasing numbers of these on QVC. I strongly suspect that DB's personal taste for this type of thing is a big influence not too mention " my doggie stamps and Jolly Nation decoupage of same ". Lovely for Dawn but why would you or I want to make cards with these?
I'm leaving other crafting crimes such as Kanban kits, everything coming in lilac and shiny as far as possible, DB designs for stamps/peel offs etc on file for now. Better stop now before the Kanban police get me.

No You are not being a miserable so and so Linda. Or if you are then so am I. I do not want to buy "cutesy" craft kits and there seem to be ever increasing numbers of these on QVC. I strongly suspect that DB's personal taste for this type of thing is a big influence not too mention " my doggie stamps and Jolly Nation decoupage of same ". Lovely for Dawn but why would you or I want to make cards with these?
I'm leaving other crafting crimes such as Kanban kits, everything coming in lilac and shiny as far as possible, DB designs for stamps/peel offs etc on file for now. Better stop now before the Kanban police get me.

I think the biggest influence on what they sell will not be Dawn's personal taste but the sales figures. I didn't buy the TSV as it's not my thing but this type of kit must sell well or they would keep selling them.

Latest posts

Back